Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 03:33 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Plenty of species eat their own children....and plenty of animals eat other species young..

So if we did that, it would be fair game because it's observed in the animal kingdom?
Reread. That was the other poster's logic. Ask him if it's fair game. You are trying to translate what I wrote to mean the opposite of what it states.

The poster I responded to said that pedophilia (sexual attraction to prepubesence, age 11 and under for humans) is natural biological function in humans and non-humans. I asked him where? In what species has it been observed that some males prefer and copulate exclusively or primarily with prepubescent females? I haven't heard about the pedophiles of the animal kingdom.

Last edited by scarlet_ohara; 07-27-2013 at 04:01 AM..

Old 07-27-2013, 04:00 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Reread. That was the other poster's logic. Ask him if it's fair game. You are trying to translate what I wrote to mean the opposite of what it states.

The poster I responded to said that pedophilia (sexual attraction to prepubesence, age 11 and under for humans) is natural biological function in humans and non-humans. I asked him where? In what species has it been observed that some males prefer and mate primarily with prepubescent females?
Yes, but he is only parroting what the psychological community is saying! They are trying to shape perception with loose evidence because many people know no better. But that being said, just because a phenomenon is not observed in another species doesn't make it unnatural either.

If it's naturally observed in humans only...than it is a phenomenon observed exclusively within the human race. Not much unlike hippos fanning their feces with their tails spinning is not observed by any other animal.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:34 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,669,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yes, but he is only parroting what the psychological community is saying! They are trying to shape perception with loose evidence because many people know no better. But that being said, just because a phenomenon is not observed in another species doesn't make it unnatural either.

If it's naturally observed in humans only...than it is a phenomenon observed exclusively within the human race. Not much unlike hippos fanning their feces with their tails spinning is not observed by any other animal.
I know what they are doing. We've seen it before.

We shouldn't be using what animals do or don't do as a measurement for what is natural for humans. Nor should we use animal behavior to craft social policies for human societies.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
I know what they are doing. We've seen it before.

We shouldn't be using what animals do or don't do as a measurement for what is natural for humans. Nor should we use animal behavior to craft social policies for human societies.
I fully agree! We can be sure that when they use the "animal kingdom" as excuse, they have run out of excuses. Humans are supposed to be a cut above.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:24 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Things are universally connected. There is no independent X and Y.

Someone should give you a badge for that cop out of an argument.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:07 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
Homosexual acts cannot produce children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Homosexuals are able to consent (if they are adults)
Homosexuals are able to reproduce (if they are adult, and not sterile)

No comparison to children.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Homosexual acts cannot produce children.

Neither can a slew of heterosexual sex acts. What's your point?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:30 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
This is hardly surprising in a society that glorifies every "preference." Also, it's not that long ago that a judge (I don't remember the specifics) presiding over a case in which the defendant was a repeat pedophile who kept getting released, suggested that he move to a more....."sympathetic" country.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is hardly surprising in a society that glorifies every "preference." Also, it's not that long ago that a judge (I don't remember the specifics) presiding over a case in which the defendant was a repeat pedophile who kept getting released, suggested that he move to a more....."sympathetic" country.
Isn't that called a win-win?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
“What purpose does calling someone a ‘pervert’ or ‘predator’ serve anyway, other than to express contempt and hatred?”
Obviously this fool doesn't have children or he wouldn't cavalierly make a statement like that.

Pedophiles need to be done away with, prison or otherwise. No place for them in society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies