Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
awareness? Hayes is not bringing awareness. He is ridiculing people trying to have a serious discussion about a serious topic.

he is doing NOTHING AT ALL to "bring awareness". unless by "bring awareness" you mean making sure we dont actually have a conversation to a real issue.
Discussions end up doing very little. O'Reilly has money and is powerful. What organizations has he started to help with the problems that greatly distress him? What has he done other than run his mouth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,013,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Discussions end up doing very little. O'Reilly has money and is powerful. What organizations has he started to help with the problems that greatly distress him? What has he done other than run his mouth?
Well, one organization that he helped is The Independence Fund. They were a very small organization until he started promoting them and now they are able to help hundreds of people in dire need. He literally changed their situation overnight with his power.

He has helped a lot of charities. I guess the wounded soldiers are his favorite cause. I don't know if he has donated to groups that help inner-city kids or not, but I wouldn't be surprised. Check out his website to see a list of his favorite charities. I personally am familiar with the difference that he made with Independence Fund, but I would suspect he has made a similar difference with the others as well.

Actually, it's a good thing he is not as sinister as some of you claim. If that were true, the KKK would be back to it's glory days again with his help.

Last edited by Book Lover 21; 08-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 08-01-2013, 11:17 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Infantile. No wonder msnbc is spiraling.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Who is Chris Hayes?

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
awareness? Hayes is not bringing awareness. He is ridiculing people trying to have a serious discussion about a serious topic.

he is doing NOTHING AT ALL to "bring awareness". unless by "bring awareness" you mean making sure we dont actually have a conversation to a real issue.
Neither O' Reilly nor the imbeciles watching his show are interested in "serious discussion." I wish some of you could get this through your thick heads at some point. Normal people aren't interested in hearing what he has to say about race relations. The people who are interested are the simps who come on here and post endless threads about those "animalistic" Negroes who are ruining our blessed country. And then when someone justly ridicules and humiliates these specimens, not only do I have to listen to the right-wing crybabies whine interminably about their feelings being hurt, I have to listen to some namby-pamby liberal attempt to lecture us on how, if we would just be nicer, productive conversation would happen. You try it. Start a thread on race and reason with these people. In case you missed it, their noggins are impervious to data and facts and logic. But, naturally, you'll be able to have a fruitful debate with them about race. Knock yourself out.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:24 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Who is Chris Hayes?
Who is John Galt?

You'll notice, kids, that the "popularity = quality" idiots selectively apply this "logic." For instance, virtually no one apart from those especially tuned into politics knows who Thomas Sowell is, yet said idiots would never argue that the general population should not care about Thomas Sowell's ideas because few know of him or buy his books.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:27 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Quote:
The video highlights how insane it is to task a particular race with "fixing" the problems of their people. It pokes fun at O'Reilly who seems to think black people are all connected in a way where we have the power to influence each other's actions and thoughts. If you are going to ask black people to fix their community, it's fair game to ask white people to fix theirs.
exactly... the point of the video is to show how stupid the whole debate is to begin with.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
I'm coming to believe that it's a no win situation.

Folks are pissed when we succeed and attribute it to affirmative action, lax hiring/college admissions requirements, etc (just reference Obama to see this in action)

or

Folks are pissed when we're doing bad and want to know why we aren't all successful people when slavery ended hundreds of years ago (completely ignoring the fact that discriminatory laws were on the books as late as the 1960's and people from that time period are alive TODAY)

At the end of the day, I realize that no matter what, if folks want to think bad about black people, they will. There's nothing I can do and nothing I want to do, to change it. That's their problem. I will continue to live my successful middle-class, married with children lifestyle while they pound out their bitterness and frustration on their computer keyboards.
Unfortunately I think you're right ... but at least you've identified the best way for you to live YOUR life. Bitter Keyboard Commandos run the show here on C-D, but I like to think the entire country is a little less angry towards minorities.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,933 times
You mean, there's 'good white people' and criminals who are white people too? Woah!

Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,659,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Neither O' Reilly nor the imbeciles watching his show are interested in "serious discussion." I wish some of you could get this through your thick heads at some point. Normal people aren't interested in hearing what he has to say about race relations. The people who are interested are the simps who come on here and post endless threads about those "animalistic" Negroes who are ruining our blessed country. And then when someone justly ridicules and humiliates these specimens, not only do I have to listen to the right-wing crybabies whine interminably about their feelings being hurt, I have to listen to some namby-pamby liberal attempt to lecture us on how, if we would just be nicer, productive conversation would happen. You try it. Start a thread on race and reason with these people. In case you missed it, their noggins are impervious to data and facts and logic. But, naturally, you'll be able to have a fruitful debate with them about race. Knock yourself out.

I agree

However, it's still funny reading these excuses and deflections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies