Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:24 AM

331 posts, read 253,914 times

Advertisements

"July 30, 2013 - Chris Hayes mocked Bill O'Reilly on Tuesday, parodying the Fox News host's claim "black culture" was fundamentally violent. The segment began with Hayes showing a video clip of white teens rioting in California this month. The MSNBC host said the mainstream media was covering up the "white riot" in Huntington Beach because of political correctness.

"The sad truth is that the white power structure in this country has no clue, no clue how to solve the problems within the white community," Hayes said. "Look, I don't want people to be suspicious of white men, but the Huntingon Beach riot underlies a stark truth about white culture. The fact is 84 percent of white murder victims are killed by other white people." He demanded that the white community ask itself how to deal with the problem of white crime and lamented that "moderate whites" weren't speaking out.

His guest, Cord Jefferson of Gawker, also joined in the fun. Jefferson said exposing violence and decadence in the white community was just "tough love." He insisted he wasn't anti-white, noting he had white friends. His prom date in high school was "very white," Jefferson explained, because "she rode horses and did that whole thing."

Earlier this month, O'Reilly denied that socioeconomic factors such as unemployment and lack of education could account for crime levels in predominately African American communities. He said violence was the result of black people listening to rap music, using drugs, and making the "personal decision" to have children out of wedlock."

Chris Hayes Mocks Bill O'Reilly w/ Satirical Tirade Against White Culture - July 30, 2013 - YouTube
Definitely worth the 7 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 08:29 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Expose white stupidity all you want. Don't care. Nor do most people.

Just don't rush to the defense of all that is non-white in order to make yourself feel "not racist".

Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 AM

331 posts, read 253,914 times
Sigh..

The video and message went right over your head. It's a satire.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Sigh..

The video and message went right over your head. It's a satire.
Nahhh. Ya think?

Ask yourself, what is the point of the satire?

I think it's my point that went over your head.

I'll just break it down so you can't wiggle out of it. The point of the satire is that it is somehow unfair or unreasonable to judge issues related to specific segments of the population. This of course is an attempt to point out right wing hypocrisy, with the implication that this will either enrage right wingers or be viewed as "different".

I say that's horse crap, and if you see a problem with white people, call it out rather than sit here and act as if you're too high and mighty to do such things. I don't care for PC nonsense no matter who is on the receiving end, nor will most of my fellow right wing cross burning nutjobs.

So yeah, if white people are rioting at disproportionate levels, drop the "we can't comment on racial matters" orthodoxy and say it (although proof would be nice). Very few of us will pull the types of diversionary tactics the left will.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:34 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
I greatly enjoyed the clip. I *wish* most people really understood what the goal was, but I'm not surprised if it goes in one ear and out the other. People who hold racist viewpoints are usually of limited intellectual abilities, so anything beyond 9th grade critical thinking skills, falls on deaf ears.

Thanks for posting.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I greatly enjoyed the clip. I *wish* most people really understood what the goal was, but I'm not surprised if it goes in one ear and out the other. People who hold racist viewpoints are usually of limited intellectual abilities, so anything beyond 9th grade critical thinking skills, falls on deaf ears.

Thanks for posting.
Any 5 year old could figure this out. Is this what passes for clever?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:39 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
What 5 year old would realize the context here?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
What 5 year old would realize the context here?
What adult would not realize that "any X year old" is just a figure of speech?

How about any 12 year old? Does that work for you?

Not clever. Not thought provoking. Just a bunch of dumb lefties trying to make a point by making a satirical statement - the satirical value of which relies on their own flawed orthodoxy itself.

So yeah, we should examine why rich white kids in Southern Cali feel it necessary to smash things, should we find that statistically, rich white kids are more prone to such behavior.

What's sad is that the left will probably ignore that as well just to make themselves appear consistent, given their own tendency for the illogical defense of all that is non-white simply because it is not PC to make such criticisms.

So at the end of the day, we're left with nothing but a shutdown on any discussion of on any issue that correlates with race in any way. And for what? To appease leftist dogma.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
OK..what is your beef here? Do you understand the clip? What are your thoughts on it? Do you find truth in what was said?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
OK..what is your beef here? Do you understand the clip? What are your thoughts on it? Do you find truth in what was said?
I understand the point perfectly despite what you all may think simply because I do not agree with the point being made.

I will sum this up for you - should there be an issue with whites, blacks, or red haired midgets (sorry, little people), it should be examined and not swept under the rug because it is not "PC" to address the racial components of said issue.

I would rather these people actually tear apart the flaws of "white culture" than consider the entire prospect of doing such to be so ridiculous as to be able to consider it in itself obvious satire.

What is the implication of this little act here? It is that Bill O'Reilly wouldn't like to hear about white peoples' flaws, so he should shut up about black peoples' flaws. And were they to successfully make their point and shut him up - both of these racial discussions would be effectively silenced. Wow, how great is that!?

I'd rather hear both.

It is nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies