Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,864,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Doesn't matter if the rate is higher. It's there and I think 84% is pretty damn high and deserves a response from the white community. Or is there only concern when same race violence is of black people? Can I assume white people value the lives of blacks more (since the concern is so one-sided)?
I don't think you even understand the statistic you're quoting or why it is important.

Nobody cares that most murders are intra-racial. It's a non issue. Really, I could not possibly care less, and I don't know why anyone would.

People cite black on black crime when the left throws a nationwide temper tantrum over one white on black murder while blacks kill each other in record numbers.

The point is, the left are a bunch of agenda driven hypocrites who don't care about violence in itself - they only care when it suits their agenda.

That is why black on black crime was brought up here.

You really could not have done a better job at misunderstanding this.

Quote:
I'm not seeing what's so ridiculous about the piece. Yes, it was presented in a light-hearted way, but the presentation consisted of FACTS. So, you can either focus on the light-hearted nature of the presentation (and dismiss it) or you can focus on the troubling news revealed in the piece. The bottom line (IMO), is that people are individuals, regardless of color. Tasking a race of people to "fix" their problems solves nothing and is a discredit to the millions of successful African Americans.
And IMO, the bottom line is this: Hey, shut up, let's not talk about that because white people do stupid things too. Let's just ignore it all so we don't ruffle anyone's feathers.

When people by and large show such irrationality as they have in the TM case, they should and will be criticized for their hypocrisy.

And the fact that you're telling me I should be focusing on the actual facts revealed in the piece indicate that you really do not understand my point at all.

I want the facts. I want the facts presented by themselves to stand on their own, not as part of a sarcastic statement that diminishes the importance of the entire discussion (and the facts) on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
No wonder hardly anyone watches Chris Hayes even his satire isn't funny.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I don't think you even understand the statistic you're quoting or why it is important.

Nobody cares that most murders are intra-racial. It's a non issue. Really, I could not possibly care less, and I don't know why anyone would.

People cite black on black crime when the left throws a nationwide temper tantrum over one white on black murder while blacks kill each other in record numbers.

The point is, the left are a bunch of agenda driven hypocrites who don't care about violence in itself - they only care when it suits their agenda.

That is why black on black crime was brought up here.

You really could not have done a better job at misunderstanding this.
I actually understand it perfectly, but rather than address *the issue itself* you want to shift blame and insult. Black on black crime has been referenced here WELL before the Trayvon/Zimmerman incident, so trying to tie it to that case is disingenuous. IMO, black-on-black crime has NOTHING to do with the killing of an unarmed teen. It suggests that blacks don't care about black-on-black crime and I have yet to meet a black person who doesn't care and who isn't frustrated about the violence among the degenerates of our race. I have no way of knowing how "liberals" feel about crime within the black community, so to suggest some nefarious reason seems a bit far-fetched and tin foil-hatty to me.

There was heavy media coverage on the Christian and Newsom murders (an absolutely devastating crime). That was a black on white crime. In that case, I didn't see a lot of people asking why Christian and Newsom were so special when whites murder each other at such high rates. Instead, the talk was about how blacks are violently inclined and this is just another example. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

Quote:
And IMO, the bottom line is this: Hey, shut up, let's not talk about that because white people do stupid things too. Let's just ignore it all so we don't ruffle anyone's feathers.

When people by and large show such irrationality as they have in the TM case, they should and will be criticized for their hypocrisy.

No, that's not the bottom line. The bottom line is: It's stupid to criticize a race of people for the actions of the degenerates within that race. It's stupid to suggest that black people need to "fix" our community. It's stupid to pull out stats on black-on-black crime while completely ignoring that a similar problem exists in the white community. It's stupid to have the mindset that black people are the only race of people suffering from lack of education, crime, poverty, out of wedlock marriage, etc.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:39 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,433,104 times
Quote:
The video also highlights the extreme problem of white-on-white violence. I thought that was a great point, since so many on C-D seem concerned with the high rate of black-on-black violence. I'm actually quite shocked more people aren't concerned about whites killing each other at such alarming rates.
Because the ongoing implication by micro-minded racists like O'Reilly is that violence is a genetic black trait only. But when it is evident that whites can also behave in socially malicious ways, it is not bad. Just unfortunate.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Blacks are mad..MAD at the reality that they have no leg to stand on when it comes to violence against blacks.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Nahhh. Ya think?

Ask yourself, what is the point of the satire?

I think it's my point that went over your head.

I'll just break it down so you can't wiggle out of it. The point of the satire is that it is somehow unfair or unreasonable to judge issues related to specific segments of the population. This of course is an attempt to point out right wing hypocrisy, with the implication that this will either enrage right wingers or be viewed as "different".

I say that's horse crap, and if you see a problem with white people, call it out rather than sit here and act as if you're too high and mighty to do such things. I don't care for PC nonsense no matter who is on the receiving end, nor will most of my fellow right wing cross burning nutjobs.

So yeah, if white people are rioting at disproportionate levels, drop the "we can't comment on racial matters" orthodoxy and say it (although proof would be nice). Very few of us will pull the types of diversionary tactics the left will.
The problem isnt with white people, it is with morons, that is what went over your head. there are morons in all demographics.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Because the ongoing implication by micro-minded racists like O'Reilly is that violence is a genetic black trait only. But when it is evident that whites can also behave in socially malicious ways, it is not bad. Just unfortunate.
Or the always handy: just another crazy person (which introduces the idea that no “rational” white person would do such terrible things, while crime and mayhem comes “naturally” to black people.)

Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Blacks are mad..MAD at the reality that they have no leg to stand on when it comes to violence against blacks.
Whites are mad..MAD at the reality that they have no leg to stand on when it comes to violence against whites.

Not to mention they have no room to talk about black on black crime. Clean out your own problems first before you start analyzing other "communities". People usually want to learn from those who are capable, not those plagued with the very same issues.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottie13 View Post
Amen this in a nutshell is how most of us feel.

But I'm still want to know why America has this mindset towards blacks? Is this a way to keep them oppressed and hopeless? What's the point of singling out black people so much?

What's in it to gain?
I'm coming to believe that it's a no win situation.

Folks are pissed when we succeed and attribute it to affirmative action, lax hiring/college admissions requirements, etc (just reference Obama to see this in action)

or

Folks are pissed when we're doing bad and want to know why we aren't all successful people when slavery ended hundreds of years ago (completely ignoring the fact that discriminatory laws were on the books as late as the 1960's and people from that time period are alive TODAY)

At the end of the day, I realize that no matter what, if folks want to think bad about black people, they will. There's nothing I can do and nothing I want to do, to change it. That's their problem. I will continue to live my successful middle-class, married with children lifestyle while they pound out their bitterness and frustration on their computer keyboards.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,041,078 times
Chris Gays is on the right network that's for sure. Rather than debate what Bill said, this fruit deflects. White people largely aren't the issue with the problems of in black community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies