Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 07:05 AM

600 posts, read 660,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You are not in my head and have no business telling anyone what I'm thinking because you have failed to buy a clue.

READ my post again. It wasn't about this incident or the bus driver or anything in your post. It was about how the media distorts racial issues depending on the color of the skin of the victim. I, honestly, believe that had the color of their skin been reversed the media would have MADE this about race. Note I never said it was about race. I just commented on what the media would have done had the color of their skin been reversed.

A white kid being beaten by black kids is not news and assumed to not be racially motivated. A black kid beaten by white kids would be news and would be considered to be racially motivated. The media is anything but color blind.

So lets place all your insecurities and conspiracy theories on the media

I guess you thinks its ok to get into their heads and assume what they are thinking

First off, you're wrong because this story has been covered in the media. It just has not been presented in a racial context because there is no evidence of such! If the three black kids were apart of the Black Panther movement, or their parents were, then most certainly there would have been a racial pretext to the beating!

You just seem to be another frustrated conservative who is upset that race is still an issue in America where minorities have been historically victimized and therefore there is a certain political correctness surrounding race or a presumption that tragedies such as the Trayvon Martin killing has some racial aspect to them…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This has been on CNN. It cracks me up when you people post threads about "no one is talking about blahblahblah (insert black person criminal)."

People are talking about it. This story was also on my local city's news last night. People are outraged here about it and I live in Atlanta. I was outraged and am a black woman. I was more upset with the black bus driver for not stepping in and protecting that child than anything else.

the bus driver called dispatch and was literally screaming at the assaulters.

i think many are expecting too much from that 64 year old!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:20 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
The Bus Driver is white! People are just skin color crazy right now it seems and trying to find any racial angle they can.

But I agree, he maybe could've done more-like pull over the bus, but to charge him with child neglect or anything like that is ridicuous.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The Bus Driver is white! People are just skin color crazy right now it seems and trying to find any racial angle they can.

But I agree, he maybe could've done more-like pull over the bus, but to charge him with child neglect or anything like that is ridicuous.

the bus driver was black...

Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
the bus driver was black...
In the article the OP linked it said he was white

Old 08-07-2013, 07:29 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
the bus driver called dispatch and was literally screaming at the assaulters.

i think many are expecting too much from that 64 year old!

I agree with this. You could tell from his voice on call to dispatch that he was terrified. But I just feel that he could have done something more. The way those boys were kicking, I am surprised the other child was not killed.

I was happy to hear he will be okay but his arm was broken. I can't imagine how traumatized he must be and how angry his parents are.

This is actually the reason why I won't let my 11 year old on a school bus. Too many crazy acting kids and not enough supervision IMO.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:31 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
So lets place all your insecurities and conspiracy theories on the media

I guess you thinks its ok to get into their heads and assume what they are thinking

First off, you're wrong because this story has been covered in the media. It just has not been presented in a racial context because there is no evidence of such! If the three black kids were apart of the Black Panther movement, or their parents were, then most certainly there would have been a racial pretext to the beating!

You just seem to be another frustrated conservative who is upset that race is still an issue in America where minorities have been historically victimized and therefore there is a certain political correctness surrounding race or a presumption that tragedies such as the Trayvon Martin killing has some racial aspect to them…
I didn't tell you what to think or post about what you were thinking. I just know how media responds. And yes, I find the fact that the media cries race any time the victim is a minority frustrating. I'm not saying they should do the same for a white victim but they need to stop doing it for minority victims. People will never be allowed to just be people as long as there are those who insist on playing the race card when it fits their agenda.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 08-07-2013 at 07:50 AM..

Old 08-07-2013, 07:32 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This has been on CNN. It cracks me up when you people post threads about "no one is talking about blahblahblah (insert black person criminal)."

People are talking about it. This story was also on my local city's news last night. People are outraged here about it and I live in Atlanta. I was outraged and am a black woman. I was more upset with the black bus driver for not stepping in and protecting that child than anything else.
Yeah I have seen a few reports. The OP is probably looking for Trayvon like attention. Not going to happen.
Why should a 64 year old man get in the middle of 3 15 year olds? The poor guy could have been fired or even killed.

Remember if he walloped one of the kids he could be thrown in jail, lose his job and sued. Heck they tried filing charges on him for not getting involved.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:36 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
yeah, i didn't read the title. sue me.

Last edited by uggabugga; 08-07-2013 at 08:11 AM..

Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 AM

^It's the name of the thread title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies