Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:33 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I lived in the Bronx for 7 years. Tell a Dominican they're Black and see what happens.
Indeed. Think it's any wonder that Alex "A-Rod" Rodriguez only dates blonde women?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Do YOU feel that way?

I'm assuming you are talking in terms of race right?

I feel comfortable around people with whom I share similar interests, I don't know...fun people, easy going etc...

I don't first look at their race and think " Oh! I won't feel comfortable around them".
Nobody's gonna look at a person of a different race and automatically assume that they'd have nothing in common with that person. But logically and naturally you're gonna feel drawn to people who are like yourself.

I find this type of topic offensive in that it generally implies that whites are the ones who are guilty of not having friends of other races. When in reality, blacks are just as guilty of the same thing. In fact blacks generally put their own race above everything else.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times
seems like a strange study to conduct.

Perhaps old Blacks should dump all their black friends, and go find new white ones.

And old Whites should dump all their white friends and go find new black ones?

What a silly idea.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:49 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
OMG!!! I don't have any close Hispanic, Asian or Native American friends!!! Does that make me a racist towards any or all of those races?

Better call Holder at the Justice Department. Extreme racism in progress...

Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
In fact blacks generally put their own race above everything else.
As a black person, I would have to say this is not true.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't know. Seems like a pretty boring life to me. Last thing i want is a life where i'm surrounded by people that are no different than i am. What's the sense in waking up in the morning?

But oh well....different strokes i guess.
What makes them different? Their skin color? Or are you saying they should preserve their culture, whatever that is, so we can be more diverse, thereby further disintegrating any sense of what being an American means. This is how you destabilize a nation, a manufactured identity crisis, designed to destroy America as we knew it.
The American identity was something to be proud of, not Haitian, not African, not Mexican, thus the hyphenation. Now it's open borders, no sovereignty, no nationalism. Anything but anglo is superior. White Americans are under attack. By 2050 you will be on the verge of extinction.
Now they want to tell us who we should associate with. You are being nudged. Soon it will be a push, by the likes of liberals like desertdetroiter, who thinks the gov't cares about him because he is black. They don't give a rats patootie about you, they use race to collapse this nation, you are simply a tool.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:59 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It's hard to be surprised when you make up your own facts.

"Looking at a broader circle of acquaintances to include coworkers as well as friends and relatives, 30 percent of Americans are not mixing with others of a different race, the poll showed."

"As a group, Pacific states - including California, the most populous in the nation - are the most diverse when it comes to love and friendship. By contrast, the South has the lowest percentage of people with more than five acquaintances from races that don't reflect their own."
As someone who was born and raised in California and now lives in a southern state, I can say that I have far less friends and acquaintances of other races here. In California we had whites, blacks, hispanics, asians, and where I lived a large population of Armenian immigrants. But where I live now it is black and white. That's it. And the town I used to live in further north but in the same state was all white.

But I imagine it serves liberal ends more to simply present the final statistic and imply or outright attribute it to racism rather than deal with population distribution. Similar to how they push the wage gap as proof of discrimination against women without mentioning all the factors like seniority, hours, and travel time that account for over 90% of the wage gap.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Nobody's gonna look at a person of a different race and automatically assume that they'd have nothing in common with that person. But logically and naturally you're gonna feel drawn to people who are like yourself.

I find this type of topic offensive in that it generally implies that whites are the ones who are guilty of not having friends of other races. When in reality, blacks are just as guilty of the same thing. In fact blacks generally put their own race above everything else.
And Hispanics, Asians, etc. tend to hang with people of their own culture and can most identify with them also. As you said, it isn't only whites that may do that.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:23 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Lol the diversity cultists are clueless.
Yes, they are. I was born in a predominantly small white town back east. I never felt like it wasn't worth waking up in the morning or that it was boring. People are still individuals with their different personalities and viewpoints, likes and dislikes even if they are of the same race.

I moved out to Calif. and found that people didn't get to know their neighbors like we did back there. There are culture clashes and much more turmoil among neighbors because of the huge differences of cultures within a neighborhood. Again, it isn't about race but cultural incompatibilities. Sure some people can look beyond that and find some common ground but many times not. A lot more language barriers out here also.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:27 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Hispanics and Asians, as are young people, the most integrated according to the study

I'm not really surprised.

Many Americans have no friends of another race: poll | Reuters

what a bunch of crap
why do you people race bait so much??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies