Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:29 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what a bunch of crap
why do you people race bait so much??
It's what he does and why he is on my ignore list.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:01 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What makes them different? Their skin color? are you saying they should preserve their culture, whatever that is, so we can be more diverse, thereby further disintegrating any sense of what being an American means.s is how you destabilize a nation, a manufactured identity crisis, designed to destroy America as we knew it.
The American identity was something to be proud of, not Haitian, not African, not Mexican, thus the hyphenation. Now it's open borders, no sovereignty, no nationalism. Anything but anglo is superior. White Americans are under attack. By 2050 you will be on the verge of extinction.
Now they want to tell us who we should associate with. You are being nudged. Soon it will be a push, by the likes of liberals like desertdetroiter, who thinks the gov't cares about him because he is black. They don't give a rats patootie about you, they use race to collapse this nation, you are simply a tool.
The "American" identity is preserving our different cultures and that is what makes our nation so great. We can walk around with our "chop sticks" or our "tacos? or our "Yamikas" and still be "American". Are we different? Yes but what nation on Earth is as multi-cultural as the US?
We wake up in the morning and our priorties are the ethic of improving our lives even though we come from different backgrounds.
When you claim that "white" Americans are under attack do you mean a racist culture? How many "white Americans even know their own heritage? Just like blacks Americans who don't know where they came from do to slavery.

We are not a nation that is racially or religiously or culturally homogenous like the Germans or the Japanese.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Hispanics and Asians, as are young people, the most integrated according to the study

I'm not really surprised.

Many Americans have no friends of another race: poll | Reuters
Why are you people so freaking fixated on this garbage? What in the hell does it matter to you who picks who as friends? For Christs sake grow up. Why don't you focus on changing yourself and not other people? Changing other people never works and it will make you crazy as seen in your post.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Never been to railroad picnics before eh?

Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
The "American" identity is preserving our different cultures and that is what makes our nation so great. We can walk around with our "chop sticks" or our "tacos? or our "Yamikas" and still be "American". Are we different? Yes but what nation on Earth is as multi-cultural as the US?
We wake up in the morning and our priorties are the ethic of improving our lives even though we come from different backgrounds.
When you claim that "white" Americans are under attack do you mean a racist culture? How many "white Americans even know their own heritage? Just like blacks Americans who don't know where they came from do to slavery.

We are not a nation that is racially or religiously or culturally homogenous like the Germans or the Japanese.
Do not try to tell this to the rwnjs. They believe there is this magical American Culture we are all supposed to adhere to.

I am a Proud Italian-American. If you do not like it when I say that tough ****. Italy is where my family originated then brought many aspects of the Italian culture with them to America. And any American who loves food should be kissing our ass for that.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:26 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post

If they don't integrate, they divide us. That's my point. It has nothing to do with skin color, it's identity as Americans that has been lost.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
We are not a multi-cultural nation per se. We have an identifying "American" culture which is a melting pot. We have an identifying language also. We have many minority cultures living among us but they do not identify our mainstream culture. " Out of many...ONE.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
That's just life though. I only have a few close friends and they are similar to me, including race. It happened organically and I won't be going out of my way to "equal opportunity" my way to potential new friends.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:41 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"rap" is music?
Yes.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
I don't care about stats, but my expereinces in the real world. Hogwash, i know many many older people whose families are integrated, with grandkids, who are adored and loved.

No not just 2. Many where in the black situation married a white or hispanic or european white.

In the white situation i know this is just me 4 families where the white women or man are happily blissful with their black spouse. And more families are beginning to experience this. One in particular where i actually never thought it would happen literally. I use to think this white family was set in their ways sort to speak. The daughter married a black man from a fine family and then baby came along, and then baby number 2.

These kids are adored and loved and spolied rotten.

Personally here in 2013 almost 2014 all people need to get over their racist phobias, we will be a better place. It has to start with each of us.

I did not say marry anyone of the opposite race, but respectufl people where you have common ground, and care for humanity, and have the same ambitions in life. And have the need to make this a better place to live, by treating each other as equals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies