Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 04:09 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper
If you choose to believe there's no problem, that's your choice. I am not trying to convince you of anything. I think awareness is good, not everybody does.
Its not his fault...... He has been brainwashed and lied to by MSM and doesnt choose to look into it himself! (Many ppl are like this )

Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Its not his fault...... He has been brainwashed and lied to by MSM and doesnt choose to look into it himself! (Many ppl are like this )
A number of people actually have been programmed to think people dying is a good thing, too many contaminating this planet anyways!
GTO probably thinks he or she is safe in Canada.

update with map of potential fallout.
» Fukushima apocalypse: Years of

Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
A number of people actually have been programmed to think people dying is a good thing, too many contaminating this planet anyways!
GTO probably thinks he or she is safe in Canada.

update with map of potential fallout.
» Fukushima apocalypse: Years of
This film terrified me as a child... and it still holds up.

The Day After (1983) American Nuclear Holocaust [full movie] - YouTube
A sobering view of world devastation that feels more real than any special effects laden big budget film of the past 10 years. 100 million people saw this when it aired, hotlines were opened to deal with the emotional effects, a live debate featuring Carl Sagan, Kissinger and the Sec of Defense then aired.

I actually lived when Nuclear war was very possible and I live where either a direct hit or massive fallout would of pretty much made this movie pretty real to what MAD doctrine and made us realize back in the 80's and we became used to the Air raid sirens go off and had the emergency broadcast test on TV all the time and duck and cover old Black and white 1950's DoD videos on how to survive a nuclear war and the fallout in school.

We finally got serious and figured Nuclear war at that time everyone lost and no one wins and I was around before Chernobyl disaster happened and Fukishima where the jet stream blew the fallout right at me and was exposed and milk products were pulled because of it and Am I not worried about nuclear radiation.

well like I said so far I survived the cold war and both the meltdowns at Chernobyl and Fukushima and live right next to the State that is the most radioactive and polluted site that is Hanford.

Hanford also is a major issue if the radioactive waste water the is leaking into the Ground and into the Columbia river is not solved and Hanford would of also at time the wind will blow the increased radiation levels over here and well,

Like I said I have been exposed To radioactive fallout but just not at a high enough levels or over a long period of time to cause much damage and so far have not had Cancer.

Also watch Thread's after you see The Day After it is as good and well maybe my Generation has always had the to deal with real or major Nuclear threats or Nuclear disasters.

Well I guess I am not as worried as you are but yes we need to stop it but How do we stop it since I do not have the answer but were conditioned by the Drills we had at school the air Raid siren and the emergency broadcast shown often where it was only a test But it were real since it was used in way to avoid causing mass panic it was a PYSOPs trick to prevent people from freaking out.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:02 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Panic mode

Old 08-20-2013, 05:05 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't disagree, it would be important to know what level of concentration is in that sea water.

They are citing tritium and strontium but not cesium, I have no idea how trit & stront build up in food chains so that's an unknown to me.

If a lot of radioactive junk was released first, the additional amounts released now....if small enough may merely add a little to the total or even be a wash against the decay rate....or if it's a lot then there is a problem. Also depends how much diffusion across the pacific occurs, that's a whole lot of ocean.

Regardless, worst case for the US is a big blow to pacific fishing as at least they are testing the tuna etc. so that's avoidable for us.

For Japan, that gets some enormous amount of their calories from the ocean....they are in for a much tougher time of it.
The baby teeth studies I posted in this thread address strontium. It acts like calcium. It is the chronic repeated exposure from environmental contamination that is the real issue. However, they skew data by weighting, omitting and using changing standards. Standards set by so-called govt change. They also allow for so many cancers per defined group. They, in fact, don't even discuss all the other myriad of diseases that can be caused by cellular and dna damage. At no time do they show no risk.

If they are not getting good information, are raising standards and spreading the contaminants over broad areas, you are going to get a very different picture over time. There is far more data out there about the potential damaging effects of nuclear by-products than is commonly known. Once someone starts to study an area, very often funding is lacking, so conveniently more data becomes harder to come by.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Are you wearing sunscreen today CDusr?
Avoiding radiation is a good thing. I do my best to limit it. Your topical argument is akin to everything will kill you anyway.

Temporary external exposure is different than chronic internal exposure, however. Your skin does have some protections. Free radicals are a big issue here. Someone who has more antioxidants, for instance, can be protected more than someone who does not, even though they are in the same sun, the same duration.

The gov corp et al do spend plenty on telling you how deadly that sun is compared to their nuclear by-products. They do the same with mercury anywhere, while basically ignoring that many people have tons of mercury in their mouth. Commerce is the global game.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
I just read that every day there is an additional 400 tons of contaminated water

Incredible that nobody knows how to stop that thing

It may sound strange, but how about evacuating a wide radius and making it explode? They could control the time, thus the world around Japan could get prepared, stay inside, etc.

Hiroshima has become a livable place again, despite the nuclear bomb...

Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
This film terrified me as a child... and it still holds up.

The Day After (1983) American Nuclear Holocaust [full movie] - YouTube
Love that movie!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:20 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
One can only cringe at the thought of such waste entering the ocean. I feel for the people of Japan and her neighbors. This is one of those accidents where there is no do overs, no oops lets do better next time. This is one that will last a long long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies