Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:10 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Excellent website for those that really want to know what's going on.
Did you schedule your last plane trip around solar flare activity claudhopper?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:14 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Japanese officials couldn't (or wouldn't) answer the question when asked why it took 2 years to tell the public that radioactive water was pouring into the Pacific. The nuclear plant is also over an aquifer..how brilliant was that ?

There's nothing they can do. There is silence because there is no "fix".
They are going to try to freeze it now to contain it.

For 2 years there have been stories and reports on what's been happening.
Mutated fruits, vegetables and grains. Radiation is millions of times above acceptable levels.
They have over 1000 tanks holding radiated water and there is no end in sight because groundwater is seeping up and into the plant. It's that overflow that is pouring into the Pacific.

And we're all warned about the effects of radiation yet Japan has no reports of increased birth defects or cancer.

Biologists have seen mutated plants and animals but have not been able to get any funding to do further research.

Tuna caught off California have 10x the level of cesium than before the accident.

WHO says nothing is wrong.
Source on the mutated animals/plants? I'm not arguing, I'm genuinely curious.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Look up Chernobyl.

Quote:
“At this current time in July of 2013, Fukushima is 80 to 100x more expansive and more intense — letting out about 100x more of the radiation of Chernobyl,” reports Dr. Simon Atkins Phoenix Rising Radio on a BlogTalkRadio interview.

“The problem with Fukushima is that it’s not only continuing for 865 days… I mean, let’s wrap our minds around that for a second — it has been leaking out radiation in increasing volumes for 865 days.”
Japan is a society that shuns whistleblowers

Why has TEPCO been able to cover up the truth about Fukushima for so long? Because Japan is a society of mass conformity. The idea of keeping your head down and not “rocking the boat” is deeply embedded in Japanese culture.

Japan is not a nation of “rugged individualism” but of conformist acquiescence.

As a result, whistleblowers are shunned, and there is immense peer pressure to defend the status quo… even when it’s a terrible lie. This culture of conformity at all costs is precisely what allows companies like TEPCO to continue operating extremely dangerous nuclear power plants with virtually no accountability.

Why the U.S. government plays along with the cover-up?

The U.S. government, of course, plays along with the charade because its own top weapons manufacturer — General Electric — designed and built the Fukushima Daiichi power plant in the first place. And the design decisions made by GE, such as storing spent fuel rods in large pools high above the ground, now look not just incompetent but downright idiotic. It turns out there was never any long-term plan to dispose of the spent fuel rods. The idea was to just let them build up over time until someone else inherited the problem…
Fukushima now in state of emergency, leaking 300 tons of radioactive water into the ocean daily | WebInvestigatorKK

Old 08-13-2013, 03:31 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,483 times
Fukishima is not Chernobyl. I know there were mutations after Chernobyl, but I had not heard about any after Fukishima. I'll try finding it myself though, since I don't think HappyTexan is on right now.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Here's one. I do suggest you google this to find more. These types of articles and interviews are not in MSM outlets.

Japan Biologist: Radioactivite contamination from Fukushima disaster is most reasonable explanation for butterfly deaths and abnormalities — “I think maybe this is a very touchy issue, politically”

Old 08-13-2013, 03:34 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
What spf level of sunblock are you wearing today claudhopper?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:38 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,290,858 times
I did read something about a ban on fishing in the ocean near the sight due to elevated radiation levels. There have also been reports of bluefin tuna that migrate from Japan to California being contaminated.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I did read something about a ban on fishing in the ocean near the sight due to elevated radiation levels. There have also been reports of bluefin tuna that migrate from Japan to California being contaminated.
100% of the tuna caught off CA coast have high levels of cesium.
The amount is 10X what was previously recorded.

But still below the safe levels the government has declared.

Radioactive Bluefin Tuna Caught Off Coast Of San Diego | Department of Nuclear Engineering

Old 08-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
What spf level of sunblock are you wearing today claudhopper?
We need the sun, Vitamin D, sunblock causes cancer.
Quit asking stupid questions, or I'll be putting you on ignore.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
100% of the tuna caught off CA coast have high levels of cesium.
The amount is 10X what was previously recorded.

But still below the safe levels the government has declared.

Radioactive Bluefin Tuna Caught Off Coast Of San Diego | Department of Nuclear Engineering
gov't safe levels are random guesses and not static. They change with the wind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies