Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,755,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Says the gun fondler who equates me calling you a crybaby with not liking FREEEDOM ! tell me were you one of those loud flag waving patriots I used to see driving all over the place screaming AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA while ordering your freedom fries because you know those filthy frenchmen hate us. Or how we need to attack those darn arab terrorists who hate us for our freedom and not the fact that we've done nothing but meddle with there countries affairs ? Please you and the same gun fondling gun nuts in this country wish this was the wild west and just so badly want to have an O.K. Corral style moment.
You are aware their were very very few shootouts in the old west, mostly because everyone was armed.

Hey if you dont like Freedom, Limited Government, Self Responsibility, And the 2nd Amendment, leave...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,761,934 times
Here's where I'm at. I'm in favor of background checks. I'm in favor of greatly increased penalties for people in possession of unregistered or illegally obtained guns. I'm in favor of greatly increased penalties for straw purchasers. I might even be on board with pre-purchase physch evals under the right circumstances.

What I'm not in favor of is banning assault rifles, extended clips or purchasing ammo to licensed gun owners. It's not the licensed gun owner next door that's shooting people.

1st, 60% of all gun deaths are suicides. The majority of those are 65 y/o and over. The problem is not gun violence it's that we don't have assisted suicide. 2nd of the remaining 35-40% of gun deaths the vast majority are convicted felons while in the commission of a crime. That's why I say help the elderly end their lives with dignity & throw the book at the criminals who're committing violent crimes with those illegally purchased hand guns, but go easy on the guy next door who owns a gun to protect his family.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:45 PM

32,155 posts, read 15,147,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Okay, but why can't you respect the fact that these things do happen, and people do not want to feel helpless and just want to wait for their turn to die IF something like this were to happen. Why can't you respect the fact that we aren't cowboys looking for a shootout and we would ONLY use our weapons as a last resort when lives are in imminent danger. We aren't the the guys with guns that you should be afraid of. Like anyone else, all we want to do is protect ourselves, loved ones, and possible the public from bad guess when theres no other options. Why does that make us nuts?

I never said you were nuts. My husband wants a gun and I have no problem with that. But I would leave it in my home. It would make me uncomfortable having guns all around in public places. We do have dueling pistols which I guess don't count lol

Old 09-13-2013, 10:48 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,447,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You are aware their were very very few shootouts in the old west, mostly because everyone was armed.

Hey if you dont like Freedom, Limited Government, Self Responsibility, And the 2nd Amendment, leave...
And more than likely drunk, I like freedom and I believe in the self responsibility although your limited government theme is a bit vague what exactly is your version of limited government ?

Quote:
What does the wild west have to do with people protecting themselves? What's nuts about self defense? Why do you have a problem with people protecting themselves?
Nothing nuts about self defense other than the simple fact some think they need an arsenal to protect there family. Like one poster on this thread said if you can't shoot and hit someone with 11 rounds what makes you think 30 would be any better ?

Old 09-13-2013, 10:49 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,625,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I never said you were nuts. My husband wants a gun and I have no problem with that. But I would leave it in my home. It would make me uncomfortable having guns all around in public places. We do have dueling pistols which I guess don't count lol
My wife has had a sheltered life. She said she does not want me to have a gun so we don't have one, but I still know how to use one just in case. I hope that's good enough for my lifetime. But I feel that some generation not too far from now will benefit greatly from owning a firearm.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:49 PM

32,155 posts, read 15,147,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Do you want to know a secret?

You do not have to do what you're taught; question everything, think for yourself.
Please don't be condescending to me. I do think for myself, thank you. Why do you think I believe in evolution when it's against all religious teachings.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:52 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,762,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Here's where I'm at. I'm in favor of background checks. I'm in favor of greatly increased penalties for people in possession of unregistered or illegally obtained guns. I'm in favor of greatly increased penalties for straw purchasers. I might even be on board with pre-purchase physch evals under the right circumstances.

What I'm not in favor of is banning assault rifles, extended clips or purchasing ammo to licensed gun owners. It's not the licensed gun owner next door that's shooting people.

1st, 60% of all gun deaths are suicides. The majority of those are 65 y/o and over. The problem is not gun violence it's that we don't have assisted suicide. 2nd of the remaining 35-40% of gun deaths the vast majority are convicted felons while in the commission of a crime. That's why I say help the elderly end their lives with dignity & throw the book at the criminals who're committing violent crimes with those illegally purchased hand guns, but go easy on the guy next door who owns a gun to protect his family.
Yes, I think most gun owners feel the same way, but because Bloomberg and Feinstein want all guns banned, they keep trying to sneak other crap into their bills that will basically ban a lot of the most popular guns in use. Then when we reject their bill based on that fact only, they have been able to successfully convince a lot of people that we're nuts who do not care about children and who want to arm criminals... They could have had that background loophole and even a physch eval pushed through easily a long time ago.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,347,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Because they're morons and intellectually vapid. Fear is a powerful motivator for the stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yes fear is quite the motivator...that's how the neoCONs keep their sheep in line..."terrists gonna getcha"
Yup. Hypocritical partisan hack idiots are very susceptible to fear tactics. On the hard left it might be the fear of guns and their owners. On the hard right it might be something like if we let same sex couples marry, soon people will start marrying their children or their farm animals or their kitchen appliances.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,557,336 times
Intention of gun bans is to disarm homeowners not criminals
They don't like people with property and the means to defend it
A lot of people want what u have and sadly r unwilling to do what u did to get it

Old 09-13-2013, 10:54 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,347,388 times
Quote:
...because Bloomberg and Feinstein want all guns banned...
Has anyone ever actually said this or endorsed this idea?

It may be that some politicians in this country have; I'm just not aware of it or familiar with it.

Is there anyone who actually has a platform or proposed legislation calling for the banning of all guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies