Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 10:30 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yet Jews and Christians don't live anything like those in Arab countries, let alone treat their women and children as property now do they? I think your the one who should go further than the Bible or Koran to see how history and cultures have defined God.

Images that serve as god will never be God.

KKK as Christians they have it WRONG also!

Actually the Atheists I know personally don't complain and we've had great discussions, it's only on C-D were some act like roosters and others are hen pecking.
I see. So we're privileged to live in the exact time in history where mainstream Christianity has come to the perfect definition of the OT God, and it logically follows that other religions or interpretations are in fact worshipping somebody else?

Old 09-11-2013, 11:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Or are they afraid to?

I've never seen an issue with it.

Unless it's held at a government building, why would they?

Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
This is why Judaism, Christianity and Islam are called the three Abrahamic religions.

It would serve you well to read actual history and learn something of these religions rather than parroting nonsense from some anti-Muslim Christian apologetic website.
As it would you. My information comes from former Muslims who were raised and schooled in Islam, and those who have studied it in depth.

Where do you pull your info from? Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I see. So we're privileged to live in the exact time in history where mainstream Christianity has come to the perfect definition of the OT God, and it logically follows that other religions or interpretations are in fact worshipping somebody else?
You're catching on. Good for you.

For starters, for those interested in really knowing, look at the writings of Ergun Caner and Emir Fethi Caner. You can easily find their books on Amazon.

If Muslims knew the history of their religion, they would know that Allah is a false god pagan god on which Muhammad settled because he wanted people to focus on a single god, not the hundreds that divided their loyalties. One Historian, Vaqqidi, has said that "Allah" was actually the chief god of about 360 gods that were being worshiped in Arabia at the time that Mohammed rose in prominence. Muhammed picked one of the hundreds of gods that pagans were worshiping and named him "Allah".

That may have something to do with why atheists don't bother with this religion.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:57 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
As it would you. My information comes from former Muslims who were raised and schooled in Islam, and those who have studied it in depth.

Where do you pull your info from? Never mind.

You're catching on. Good for you.

For starters, for those interested in really knowing, look at the writings of Ergun Caner and Emir Fethi Caner. You can easily find their books on Amazon.

If Muslims knew the history of their religion, they would know that Allah is a false god pagan god on which Muhammad settled because he wanted people to focus on a single god, not the hundreds that divided their loyalties. One Historian, Vaqqidi, has said that "Allah" was actually the chief god of about 360 gods that were being worshiped in Arabia at the time that Mohammed rose in prominence. Muhammed picked one of the hundreds of gods that pagans were worshiping and named him "Allah".

That may have something to do with why atheists don't bother with this religion.
Your post is a bunch of ignorant nonsense that you simply cut and pasted from other anti-Islamic websites.
There WAS no historian Vaqqidi. He is made up. The only references to the guy are the same quote you made - copied and pasted over and over again on those bullsh*t websites. That story is just a bunch of made up internet nonsense, parroted over and over again by folks too ignorant and lazy to actually LEARN some REAL history.

All of which is a pretty good indication that your claim that "My information comes from former Muslims who were raised and schooled in Islam, and those who have studied it in depth" is a bunch of made up bullsh*t too.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 09-11-2013 at 12:32 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 12:06 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! That was Bill O'Reilly calling atheists stupid? This is the guy who insisted that only the Planet Earth has a moon! Talk about stupid!
Bill O said only the Earth has a moon? No ****, really???

Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Bill O said only the Earth has a moon? No ****, really???
This is someone who is influencing the easily influenced minds of conservatives, a completely uneducated man. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what does.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:11 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,418,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I doubt. Your typical atheist could care less about what people of other religions do as long as it's not supported by taxpayer money.
Atheists have complained about schools renting meeting rooms to religiously affialted groups, even though no taxpayer money is used to support such groups.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Atheists don't complain more than anyone else. You say they complain about religion but no more than religious folks complain about them...or even just the notion of anyone coming between them and their religious ideas. On that matter this thread is a complete fail. It's only point is would ANYONE complain about public PA systems blasting anything, anywhere, for any reason. I say yes, I say it won't happen either.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:18 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Your post is a bunch of ignorant nonsense that you simply cut and pasted from other anti-Islamic websites.
There WAS no historian Vaqqidi. The only references to the guy are the same quote you made - copied and pasted over and over again on those bullsh*t websites. That story is just a bunch of made up internet nonsense, parroted over and over again by folks too ignorant and lazy to actually LEARN some REAL history.

Ken
What do you mean? I know Vaqqidi personally. We are having coffee together from time to time!

Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Oh, well, if one historian has said it, then... No, wait. Perhaps that one historian was full of BS? Perhaps people have focused on him because he told them something they liked to hear?

It sure sounds like we're expected to believe that Mohammed picked a random pagan god who just so happened to also have created a first couple named Adam and Eve, kicked them out of the Garden of Eden for eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge, a god who then moved on to talk to patriarchs like Abraham, Isaac, Moses, David, Solomon, a god who appointed an activist rabbi called Jesus to disseminate further enlightenment. But his god is by no means the Abrahamic god, no way.

I for one find that just a bit unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies