Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 04:02 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,705 times

Advertisements

First off the AR15 is very close to the Military version. Most parts will interchange with the M4, really all parts will interchange but it lacks the changes that allow full auto or the 3shot burst. When an AR15 is set to semi it functions the exact same way that a M4 or M16 functions. The reason they press goes after it is because its the low hanging fruit. Before the AR it began with the AK back in Stockton California when the shooter killed kids on a play ground with an AK. The press for years was obsessed with the AK. Now with the Aurora and New Town shootings its the AR. In between that they were obsessed with the Glock after the VT shootings. The press and liberals are a lot like cats with a string dangling in front of them. They are mesmerized by it and can not think of anything else for the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 04:47 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I would use a tax on guns and ammunition to supply the drugs to the users.
This right here is what's making me ignore the rest of your posts. You've been off the scale loony with your opinions in this thread, but with the above comment, you've reached a new level of insanity. Now I KNOW you're just making crap up as you go, and arguing just for the sake of arguing, whereas before, I only suspected it. Thanks for clarifying it, and saving me the time of reading your utterly useless posts in the future.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:06 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
My own IQ is 138. Having a high IQ doesn't necessarily mean you end up in all the high paying jobs.
In fact, having a higher IQ is more likely to make you see the world for what it really is. That may hamper some people.
That and being around the stupid people all the time, its a wonder how Einstein did not shot himself.

But its a great motivator to succeed, to do it in spite of the morons and the liberal would be puppet master.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I haven't taken an I.Q. test in years, but the last time I did my results were in the high 130's as well. However, I can also start a fire with 2 sticks, with flint and steel, and with a fire bow. I also know how to live off the land and took survival trips several times when I was younger and didn't have 1/4 and 1/2 scale humans clamoring at my feet.

I'm looking forward to the time when my girls are old enough that I can take them into the woods without being overly worried about their curiosity getting the better of their common sense. Give us a couple of years and we'll be heading out of Florida to the Northwest, probably Montana from the research we've done so far. Can't wait to get to an area where taking the kids camping is something you can do in the summertime without dealing with the sweltering heat.
That's cool. Summer heat is as bad out that way as it is anywhere in the USA IMO. They call it dry heat, and I don't care for heat period as it turns out.

My camping season in NH just started. I like it cooler in daytime to out right frigid. Thar's no god damned bugs at -40 below up in the Whites. Not many humans either, but there is more now than there were when i first began.

I am hoping my grandson might be allowed to go Fall camping about this time next year when he's 5, but i wouldn't take him very far. maybe if his dad my son has time to come along we might go a bit more.

I am also hoping if that works, that in deeper winter I can pack in a drag sled and set a camp where fire woods is ok, which exists for the moment anyway, and bring the little guy into a camp all set in deeper winter, maybe to -10'.

The IQ thing is true i don't know what mine is and if i ever did I forgot. The joke to me is most of these so called Federal leaders would fail miserably at a IQ tst based on Paleo to late archaic man.

Some how I just don't see Biden or Obama doing well with a pack and a rifle needing to make meat, much less with a hand made fish line of bark and using 'figure 4 set' traps for small game

Give me a IQ test based on high tech BS and i will fail, but i will do better than Obama on both tests combined.

Out west there is BIG SKY and more or less just evergreen trees. Of course in Utah I saw sugar maple trees! 12 inches tall and that as big as they get there.

Consider a trip to NH sometime if you never have to see my mountains. They are mine We have a wide assortment of hard wood trees, and sometimes i eat them.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
It's good to know there are a few real Americans left. I think a huge pillar of the current power structure would be obliterated if people tossed their TVs into the trash, though. I'm convinced it holds a huge amount of power over those addicted to it.
Yeah there is a lot of BS to see on the tv...... I saw the last vestige of real money but not the last of the gold std. I have seen more than a few fed govt lies as well. i was stunned watching Jay Leno walk the street with a dollar bill and the answers he got from people, when asked who it was on that dollar bill! We didn't miss the tv 3 full years living off the land in a tipis. We were busy living life instead.

Public education here seems to have some serious problems. It's getting to be that if a job can't be done by just pressing buttons and keys that job can't be done.

Not my way. I have no powered tools for wood and leather working from the 18th and 19th century. I also have power tools for that. I used to be a car tech for Western Euro cars and have tools for all of that plus American which is 4 sets of tooling if you count Whitworth and British Std as 2 sets which they are.

Working metals is common for me as common as wood leather silver and what ever else I want/need create. I can weld and own torches and a mig. I have access to a tig.... I don't need to own everything. The guy I work with likes the 2 of us end up as a International company His ambition not mine. But we do it all from CAD to the real thing and ship around the world.

My time is spent with my wife riding a motorcycle in these mts and spending time doing primitive events with our friends. Real crafts for real people and nothing crunchy.

But I see my ways will die off with me, as there are very few replacing who we are.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
My IQ is definitely higher than a pencil lead.. Other than that I have no idea and could really care less..
You got any pencil lead to spare? I'ld like to renew mine to 19 year old levels

Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Everyone on the internet has an IQ higher than 130, owns 4 companies and is independently wealthy, they stated it so it must be true.

To say that this thread has gone off topic is an understatement.
Oh just wait til we do Men's Only Clubs! No ladies and No Gays!

Old 09-23-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Not to mention that they'd also likely label the shotguns as assault rifles.
LOL yeah they will try and they will cry....

A good man with a side by side can out shoot any other shot gun, for speed. I doubt i can but once i did. It takes skill, and I am way out of practice.

My Dad when he was alive, (I am almost 62) used to hate the way i shot clays. I am lefty and I snap shoot, so I looked sloppy to him, but i never missed. He would just get enraged trying to get me to shoulder the gun and say pull!

My way looks sloppy and i did my best to make it look as sloppy as possible to just get his goat LOL
I would stand there with the muzzles down and look in the dirt about 6 feet ahead slouching my shoulders and holding my mouth open for good effect He would yell at me asking if I was ready ....

My little brother would get fed up and yell pull and Dad threw the clay and i would snap and bust it before my brother knew what happened, then Dad would yell to give my brother a chance

I got so good I would wreck a days ruffed grouse hunt flushing a covey of birds and getting 5 in a single shot. That got to Dad bad, and i had to learn to take on some bird that was out of line with the rest and just get one, and or not shoot at all.
Before i went to flintlock guns for the same type of hunting I was considered a a good shotgun man.

I still run smooth bore muskets in flinter for hunting, and you just lead more. In other words when i snap the shot will take longer to reach a bird in flight and so I need to know what that longer distance is.

What i don't know is if snap shooting can be taught. I seem to be natural. I just know and can't explain how I know. This is How a woman finds her true mate. Some how she just knows. My wife is that type and she has been very right. I met her at a primitive event as well. ladies there don't want any nancy boys.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I have worked with some very smart engineers. But common sense didnt always apply. Almost autistic.
yeah I know that bit too well myself. These chumps run CAD and don't care about filters and short life part items that won't last the life of the machine. Then bury these parts because they either don't know or don't care. Do stupid things like place lamdasond senders in too tight a place.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:58 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
It's good to know there are a few real Americans left. I think a huge pillar of the current power structure would be obliterated if people tossed their TVs into the trash, though. I'm convinced it holds a huge amount of power over those addicted to it.
I haven't had cable in almost 2 years and I feel that I am more informed than 80% of the people who are glued to the TV. I don't watch TV at all. Just pop in DVDs and for the noise only. I spend most of my free time reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies