Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 AM

537 posts, read 768,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your should read this column: The Dwindling Deficit
Thanks. Yes, I tend to agree. We have definitely been taking steps to control the deficit.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"I won" — Barack Obama

That is the reason for the shutdown. Democrats refusing to negotiate. It's "Our way or no way." They are holding America hostage.
Nope. It is the lunatic fringe of the Republican party that is holding this country hostage and guess what?

The American people know it.

Republicans have had ample opportunity to offer up their amendments to "Obamacare" - including that
'special treatment' that Congress receives (added in by a Republican, isn't that RICH?)

I don't want my President to negotiate with the likes of Ted Cruz. He does not speak for ME.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,758,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What an embarrassing smokescreen.

It's a memorial, it isn't actually the veterans

My Dad was a decorated Marine in WWII. They invited him to the unveiling in Washington DC all expenses paid. He declined because he had something more important to do, a grandchild's birthday party.

This Gov shutdown is an act of terrorism by these nuts that have hijacked the republican party. Don't try to confuse the much more important issue of the disfunction of our government with memorials.
Typical GOP absurdity.

We're working overtime to put millions out of work and deny health care to millions more, but we're on the side of WWII veterans! And check out these lapel pins!

We're patriots!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,931 times
Closing the memorials was a political blunder, but not much more than that. Not every American gives a damn about the memorials.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So you support Obama closing open air national monuments and memorials and preventing combat vets from visiting thier own memorial?

I guess the fascists are in full swing now.
The Republicans shut down the government and stopped funding and you expect business as usual as if there was no shutdown? National monuments need guards, trash removal, bathroom cleaning and vandalism prevention. That cost money that the GOP stopped.

While you worry about parks and monuments children and seniors are going hungry because of the shutdown.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nope. It is the lunatic fringe of the Republican party that is holding this country hostage and guess what?

The American people know it.

Republicans have had ample opportunity to offer up their amendments to "Obamacare" - including that
'special treatment' that Congress receives (added in by a Republican, isn't that RICH?)

I don't want my President to negotiate with the likes of Ted Cruz. He does not speak for ME.
Well, Ted Cruz does speak for me, and millions of other Americans. And Harry Reid (the Dramma Queen) and Pelosi (the Queen of Hearts) do not speak for me.

You seem to forget that only 31% of Americans think the Democrat Health Care Law is a good thing. Do the Democrats only work for them? Or do they work for the American people as a whole?

What is clear is that they are only interested in advancing their Progressive agenda, and protecting Barack Obama.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:01 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Closing the memorials was a political blunder, but not much more than that. Not every American gives a damn about the memorials.

I think most of us actually care about the memorials, but we also see where they rate in the grand scope of things. I'm worried about workers not getting paychecks and citizens without healthcare and these nuts are worried about meaningless headlines.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:02 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times
So much mis-information floating around and promoted by the dems. They only hear what they want to hear and don't get that you can't keep spending and charging it to future generations. Things are much worse financially than anyone is willing to admit and it's like accounting rules don't matter. They just keep changing the laws to suit their needs and most people forget that the majority of banks would technically be bankrupt if they had to mark assets to market like they used to. Any drop in the stock market will be because we have a dysfunctional system that is rigged - the market should be half of what it is if you discount all of the artificial (hello - artificial) stimulus, POMO and QE. 2+2 does not equal 8 like they want you to believe.

This whole memorial thing shows what a fear mongering president we have - I hear they put guards around the monuments to keep people out... think about that. I say fu^&em - protest - time to revolt.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,658,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Republicans shut down the government and stopped funding and you expect business as usual as if there was no shutdown? National monuments need guards, trash removal, bathroom cleaning and vandalism prevention. That cost money that the GOP stopped.

While you worry about parks and monuments children and seniors are going hungry because of the shutdown.

What a bunch of crap! "Going hungry"? We help stock the food pantry in our community and there is no such thing as "hunger" in America. If you are "hungry" you can go to the food pantry and not only get groceries, but a free hot meal.

IF you feel these things are more important, the republicans have offered to fund EVERYTHING BUT OBAMACARE. Now who then is responsible for "hunger"?

I personally feel as though, given we have the military, social security, and medicare functioning, they could do away with the rest of the functions of the federal government and we would be better off. Think of all the savings!

WHY WERE THE MONUMENTS NOT CLOSED IN PREVIOUS SHUTDOWNS?

Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,521,023 times
I think we may be seeing the death throes of the GOP. We need another party to take their place.

A party that represents working Americans with conservative views, not crazy, rich nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies