Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 12:44 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The government voted itself back pay. This is all a paid vacation now.
But you forget those who are working through this....

Old 10-06-2013, 01:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Stop being dumb.. Polls non stop show that people dont want the government shut down over Obamacare and that would blame the GOP..
Poll Obamacare Defunding Shutdown Fight - Business Insider

Am I happy.. absolutely.. any money saved and not needed to be put on the backs of our children, makes me thrilled.. The main question I have is why Democrats hate our children and the poor so much, that they dont mind leaving them tens of trillions of dollars in debt..
Take your own advice .

Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM

82 posts, read 48,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Government employees dont represent "most" of americans..

at least not yet...
We all are working to eat. I don't go around putting down people who work for a living. I know many are happy that Government workers and their families are suffering this stress and feel they are not Americans.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Where I work, when people have hours cut because of low productivity, they don't get money for the days they stayed home. Must be pretty nice working for the government.
Nice being furloughed? No actually, it's not. They're not getting paid, remember? Should they get backpay? Absolutely. This shutdown is not the fault of the federal employee's, it's the fault of Congress, plain & simple.

Perhaps you should check out that FB post by Michelle Malkin squealing about cops preventing people from viewing Mt. Rushmore. Just read the comments. Read all the little insults, sniping & whining by conservatives over that. Which turns out to be, wait for it, untrue. What a surprise!

Old 10-06-2013, 01:12 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Uh, the lack of *truth* is in what you whackjob leftists are posting.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
First those that do work for the gov't have to watch their P's n Q's... so some information may come through here but very general stuff. I can tell you that nobody sent home wanted to go, and those that stayed aren't happy that they are paying for gas etc and coming to work and do NOT know if can pay the rent at the end of the month. One guy's wife is having a baby tues, if he takes leave he will never get paid for that time out., or how ever long he stays home to help mom. Another fella, well his 16 yr old has cancer and he is home, but the extra bills?? just dont know, the insuarnce will pay but the co-pays are out of his pocket? You think you can do with out the govt people,, give it some time, sure for a week, things can linger. In the mean time pedophiles can keep on doing whatever- FED court cases can be thrown out because soon they will too shut down- Intel people are home so, we got the new terrorist leader, thank God the french n the Brits still do intel - and will keep an eye out for us. People are crazy if they really think we are the enemy. There are so many things that quietly make your lives better. It just all very sickening and people just do not get it nor want to. and for the idiot who said- I dont for work the govt and I am not affected--- in some way or another YES you are.
Quote:
People are crazy if they really think we are the enemy.
I don't think it's so much that the General public thinks that Federal Workers are "the enemy" -- people are beginning to understand that the Federal Government and it's workforce think the American people are the Enemy.

I read this earlier today on City Data in another forum, written by a Federal Worker.
Quote:
They answer to us. We don't answer to them. It is as simple as that.
This person is wrong - the American Taxpayers are their Employers, not their Servants.

It IS as simple as that. You folks can continue to call anyone who disagrees with you an "anarchist", "arsonist", "TeaBagger", "Taliban", "Terrorist", "Extremist" ..... or anything you please, but understand that it's counter-productive. Obama is Out of Control with his Temper Tantrum. We have never seen anything like these ridiculous 'closures' in the history of this country. I've yet to see a single Federal Worker that does not agree with his tactics. That make the rest of us your enemy, just as we are His enemy.

More stories of crazy Obama ordered closures. Many of these "closures" are costing the Taxpayers 100's of 1,000's of dollars per day. Setting up barricades and posting Rangers at scenic overlooks on Federal Highways is just not really sane - I don't care what political party you belong to or what your ideology might be .... it's just not sane.
White House ordering Privately run, Privately funded Parks to Close

Old 10-06-2013, 01:19 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Question Why won't' Boehner put a clean bill to a vote?

Why won't' Boehner put a clean bill to a vote?
Boehner says it's because there aren't enough votes to pass it.
In that case put it to a vote, have it fail, and then he has more leverage. "See? A clean vote failed. Now you have to negotiate."

Old 10-06-2013, 01:21 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
This coming from someone who's NEVER BEEN THERE - arguing with someone who HAS BEEN THERE and POSTED PICTURES.
You do realize don't you that you are simply making yourself look stupid right?

Ken
Except for the park offices, a few docks and piers, it's 1,100 square miles of open ocean. It's no different then closing down 1,100 miles of Lake Michigan because the federal government has a park office, and a few boats tied up at the pier.

What the hell are they not funding, the freaking wave machine and animatronic fish and birds? I guess common sense has left the building with you 0bama pom-pom shakers.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:22 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Why won't obama sit down like a grown-up and president of ALL the people and negotiate a settlement?

F you guys.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:24 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Why won't obama sit down like a grown-up and president of ALL the people and negotiate a settlement?

F you guys.
What do us CD people have to do with it? We aint congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies