Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 12:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
True. That's what he fears. The Tea Party will launch instant primary challengers against any Rep who votes for a clean CR, including Boehner. The unwritten "purity rule" is that no bill passes the House without majority Republican support. Collaborating with Democrats to pass anything is seen as not being conservative enough, which in their eyes is treasonous to the cause.

Which is the road to nominating Sharron Angles and thus to November defeat.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu Mike3 View Post
Redumblicans are starting to feel the HEAT.

The Weeper of the House is crying like a little girl as we speak...
I hope so.....idiots. they deserve to loose their jobs. A bunch of petty politican jerks.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
True, Boner knows that it is the Republicans who are at fault for this shutdown. We get the joy of watching the Republicans crack and fall apart over this.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Just so we're clear on who's responsible for the shutdown
Architect of the brink: Meet the man behind the government shutdown - CNN.com

Mark Meadows.

He has my full support.

""For me it's about representing the 749,000 people I was elected to represent," Meadows told CNN in his small Capitol Hill office. He said his constituents want him to fight against Obamacare "regardless of consequences.""

If he ever runs for president he'll get my vote.

He is doing what some of the other members of the GOP are not doing---he's fighting for those he represents.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Say what you want but this country is in the "lost decade".

I just wonder how long Obama can blame someone else, I guess till people actually wake up.

Oh and you got me "listen"...
Here's the way it works...

When somebody fouls things up, they get the blame. When somebody fouls huge things up horrendously affecting billions around the world, then everybody blames him. Except his bootlickers, who are likely to try to shift the blame to whoever is left to clean up the mess.

Rome burned 2000 years ago. We still blame Nero.

Bush sank the economy and messed up two foolish wars that he started and couldn't finish.

He'll get the blame forever.

That's the way it works.

Comprende?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Yep. The need to pass a clean CR, THEN sit down and figure out this mess.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Just so we're clear on who's responsible for the shutdown
If Republicans added $1 Trillion dollars in spending to support Obamacare, Democrats would be tripping over themselves to pass the CR.

In other words, your post is a pointless strawman with endless hypotheticals.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Between the Syria invasion fiasco and the government shutdown we appear to the world as a bunch of bumbling idiots who are more concerned with party politics then actually governing this country.

The world is watching as we spiral out of control all self made.
I knew Obama was going to do the "I will not negotiate" business because of all his "failures" this year. We are dealing with a wounded bear here and they are dangerous. Very dangerous and very scary.

1.Obama lost on the "Tax the Rich" promises because he went with the "Millionaire and Billionaires" at $400,000 instead of $200,000 - Leftists were Angry about that.

2. Obama lost on the Sequester that he inserted into the Budget Control Act - he never thought they would happen, but the Chickens came home to roost. Leftists were Angry about that.

3. Obama lost on his Control Act - he spent months pushing that and it failed. Leftists were Angry about that.

4. Obama lost on his Comprehensive Immigration reform - it passed the Senate & died in the House. Leftists are Angry about that.

5. The Red Line with Syria - what a disaster. He let them get away with it, then pitched the ball to Congress and even the Democrats were not going to support his "not war" against Syria in either the House or the Senate - Everyone was angry about that, but especially the Democrats

6. Putin takes over and the media around the World is full of articles (including the New York Times) about how "weak" the USA is , what a 'ditherer' Obama is and how the USA has lost credibility. Everyone was angry about that.

7. Obama has lost on the ObamaCare Law because he has been forced to "delay" and "waive" so much of it. The roll-out IT is a mess with much of it not working. The Leftists were Angry about that and the Unions are Furious about their failure to gain a carve out.

That's a LOT of loss in one year. The Debt Ceiling battle will be brutal, Obama is confusing everyone because he insists on talking about the 2014 Fiscal Budget (and lack there of) as though it is the Debt Ceiling. The lack of a CR (continuing resolution) to the 2011 Budget Control Act is what is causing the Government partial Shutdown ..... the Debt Ceiling, which Obama always talks about - is going to happen in the middle of October. I believe that Obama is convinced that he can't afford another "loss" this year - his poll numbers have not been good. It's why the only thing he can say is "I will not negotiate". He could send this entire country off a cliff because of his Ego and year of loss.

The mystery to all of this is .....
1. Why did the Senate take the weekend off and not report for work until 2pm if this is such a Crisis?
2. Why did Obama play golf all day Saturday is this is such a Crisis?
3. Why is Obama going on a week long trip to Bali, Indonesia & Asia on Sunday if this is such a Crisis?
4. Why is Harry Reid refusing to even speak to the Republicans if this is such a Crisis?
5. Why did the White House plan for 2 years for this particular Shutdown according to the Office of Management and Budget?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
True. That's what he fears. The Tea Party will launch instant primary challengers against any Rep who votes for a clean CR, including Boehner. The unwritten "purity rule" is that no bill passes the House without majority Republican support. Collaborating with Democrats to pass anything is seen as not being conservative enough, which in their eyes is treasonous to the cause.
It's called the Hastert Rule, and has nothing to do with "collaborating with Democrats." It has to do with not letting the minority party, whoever that is, to dictate what will be voted on. Since the House is the People's representation in Congress, the Rule itself is nothing to be castigated. FYI....Pelosi only violated the Hastert Rule only 7 times in her 4 year tenure as Speaker. Educate yourself.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthesnuggler View Post
I suppose that's what you and most conservatives have to tell yourselves to make yourselves feel better at this point, isn't it.
What tragedies have you seen today with the government shut down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies