Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 08:04 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times

Advertisements

Kanye West - New Slaves (Premiere) HD - YouTube

Kanye West's 'New Slaves' Song About Private Prisons - YouTube

Old 02-25-2014, 08:17 AM

15 posts, read 19,036 times
Statistics is what it comes down to. There are more blacks and Hispanics who commit crimes than white people. Look at the prison population. it always shocks me that people just don't get it. Everyone doing wrong is a target for the police. I have been arrested several times and I am a white female. Do you see me screaming harassment? No, I was in the wrong. It just so happens that black men are more apt to commit crimes. White people get arrested and profiled by the police also. Its just that more blacks and Hispanics commit crimes than white people. Sorry. 1 in every 11 of the black population is in prison that is 9.2% of the population, 1 in 27 Hispanics are incarcerated making that 3.7% of their population and then 1 in 45 whites are locked up. 2.2% of the white population is in prison. Look at the numbers and stop making it out to be the police officers fault that you got caught. How about stop committing crimes?

Last edited by gmas321; 02-25-2014 at 08:29 AM..

Old 02-25-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmas321 View Post
Statistics is what it comes down to. There are more blacks and Hispanics who commit crimes than white people. Look at the prison population. it always shocks me that people just don't get it. Everyone doing wrong is a target for the police. I have been arrested several times and I am a white female. Do you see me screaming harassment? No, I was in the wrong. It just so happens that black men are more apt to commit crimes. White people get arrested and profiled by the police also. Its just that more blacks and Hispanics commit crimes than white people. Sorry.
You've been arrested several times and your on here trying to tell black people, who are breaking no laws, that they need to be cool with getting harassed. Because they're black.

Why exactly should we just give up our Constitutional Rights? Give me a good reason for that. (Please don't say because I'm black )

Old 02-25-2014, 08:26 AM

If you would break down many of the links and articles throughout this thread you'd see there is absolutely no justification for the Police's behavior in the construct of our country.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 AM

15 posts, read 19,036 times
can you read? I never once said that. I was simply stating that there was a reason that blacks get targeted more than others. Im not being racist I am being real. Yes, I have been arrested. So? I should be cool too. No we should not give up our rights. I think that police have very dangerous jobs and if certain measures are needed to be taken to ensure their safety and others then so be it regardless of race. I think its funny how it all goes back to the race thing.f Look at the numbers. Its fact. Police need to make sure they are safe also. Their job is not to be nice to us, it is to protect us. They don't give a **** how we feel.They have a job to do while trying not to get killed on a daily basis. Everyday they see misery over and over again.Dont you think you should cut them some slack and stop with the racist bull.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
can you read? I never once said that. I was simply stating that there was a reason that blacks get targeted more than others. Im not being racist I am being real. Yes, I have been arrested. So? I should be cool too.
What exactly do you mean by "targeted?"

I think we're getting somewhere.

Do you mean stop and frisked? Illegally searched? Followed around like criminals?

Could you elaborate?

Old 02-25-2014, 09:02 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,179,622 times
Quote:
Statistics is what it comes down to. There are more blacks and Hispanics who commit crimes than white people. Look at the prison population. it always shocks me that people just don't get it. Everyone doing wrong is a target for the police. I have been arrested several times and I am a white female. Do you see me screaming harassment? No, I was in the wrong. It just so happens that black men are more apt to commit crimes. White people get arrested and profiled by the police also. Its just that more blacks and Hispanics commit crimes than white people. Sorry. 1 in every 11 of the black population is in prison that is 9.2% of the population, 1 in 27 Hispanics are incarcerated making that 3.7% of their population and then 1 in 45 whites are locked up. 2.2% of the white population is in prison. Look at the numbers and stop making it out to be the police officers fault that you got caught. How about stop committing crimes?

The reason why there are more blacks in prison is because they are targeted far more than whites. Whites get away with the same crimes blacks get arrested for. I was pulled over leaving my job once for leaving too late. The same happened to another black co-worker of mine. The officer told me a that people often go to parking lots of businesses that are closed to do drugs. Funny thing is the multiple white people who leave late at times have NEVER been pulled over.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:12 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
You are missing a key point. Blacks/minorities are arrested/convicted more because they are scrutinized more and subjected to harassment more. Whites commit just as much crime, but it goes undetected because they are given the benefit of the doubt. Don't even get me started on the drug war and how blacks are disproportionately targeted/arrested/convicted.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:39 PM

http://boingboing.net/2014/02/25/chi...ata-using.html

Put more simply: if cops, judges and prosecutors are more likely to give white people in rich neighborhoods in possession of cocaine an easier time than they give black people in poor neighborhoods in possession of crack (and they do), then your data-mining exercise will disproportionately weight blackness and poorness as being correlated with felonies. Garbage in, garbage out -- there's nothing objective and scientifically rigorous about using flawed data to generate flawed conclusions.

But even assuming that this stuff could be made to work: is it a valid approach to crimefighting?

Old 03-01-2014, 05:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
can you read? I never once said that. I was simply stating that there was a reason that blacks get targeted more than others. Im not being racist I am being real. Yes, I have been arrested. So? I should be cool too. No we should not give up our rights. I think that police have very dangerous jobs and if certain measures are needed to be taken to ensure their safety and others then so be it regardless of race. I think its funny how it all goes back to the race thing.f Look at the numbers. Its fact. Police need to make sure they are safe also. Their job is not to be nice to us, it is to protect us. They don't give a **** how we feel.They have a job to do while trying not to get killed on a daily basis. Everyday they see misery over and over again.Dont you think you should cut them some slack and stop with the racist bull.

So what you are saying is that well-off blacks should be targeted just as much as poor black just because they are black? Sure the police have dangerous jobs, but because of some of their actions towards people of color they make it harder than what it is. If you go through the community thinking that you are invincible and that your brand of the law supercedes the actual law, of course your job is going to be dangerous Lets put it this way, if all of the policemen were gay males who detest women in general, how do you think that they would treat you every time that they seen you especially knowing that you had priors? It is not "race bull" it is how some people with NO criminal record has to deal with overzealous police officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies