Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 05:11 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Joe the Plumber ranks right down there with Sarah Palin in my estimation.
Joe the plumber ranks right up there with the lefties who really thought sarah palin really said "I can see Russia from my backyard."

And yes, there are lefties on this board that really believe that sarah palin said that....

Old 10-12-2013, 05:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Joe the plumber ranks right up there with the lefties who really thought sarah palin really said "I can see Russia from my backyard."

And yes, there are lefties on this board that really believe that sarah palin said that....

Why not? She and her intellectual twin Bachman have said so much stupid stuff it is hard not to believe that she did'nt say it. Actually if she said something intelligent and true I would find that harder to believe than anything else.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
joe the plumber has more infuence and standing in the GOP then one dem rep ive never even heard of before.
Not only does that speak volumes about the decline of the intellectuality of the current Republican Party, it begs the question as to why a Democratic Representative would care.

[/quote] joe the plumber is from the 08 election and we also know how many top republicans tried to court him and affilate themselves with him.[/quote]

See my statement above and then explain us how influential that courting was with the American people.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Joe the Plumber, as always, the liberal elitists try to insult the working people. Liberals sneer at people in blue collar positions.
Leave it to the nut jobs to prop up an unlicensed plumber to speak in a public forum regarding the "working people". Hell, this clown jumped into a battle that did not even apply to him.
Please explain how an unlicensed plumber who is in debt planned on buying the plumbing company that he works for, this is truely Tea party logic

44 - Joe the Plumber: Not a Licensed Plumber

Old 10-12-2013, 05:32 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Joe the Plumber, as always, the liberal elitists try to insult the working people. Liberals sneer at people in blue collar positions.
My dad was a plumber and I think this Joe The Plumber mascot is a dolt. This is due to his political bent, not his career choice. In fact, plumbing is a smart career choice. You can't really outsource plumbers, and judging from the number of homes one uncle (also a plumber) owns, or judging from house another uncle just bought on the 18th hole of some golf course in Palm Springs I don't think they regret their career choices either.

Now you have to make up another reason to whine and cry about liberals.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM

408 posts, read 393,606 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's cool and all, but Joe wasn't licensed, and in Ohio, that meant he wasn't actually a plumber.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:39 PM

408 posts, read 393,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Believing that Sarah Palin said that is as ludicrous as believing that Ol' Joe was actually a plumber.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:57 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
My dad was a plumber and I think this Joe The Plumber mascot is a dolt. This is due to his political bent, not his career choice. In fact, plumbing is a smart career choice. You can't really outsource plumbers, and judging from the number of homes one uncle (also a plumber) owns, or judging from house another uncle just bought on the 18th hole of some golf course in Palm Springs I don't think they regret their career choices either.

Now you have to make up another reason to whine and cry about liberals.
For some weird reason a very significant number of plumbers here in Philly are Jewish, like my plumber Lou Cohen. Some are Italian too. My African-American friend Robert, a professor at Drexel University, noted that also: "Why are so many plumbers Jewish? Is it a profession right up there with doctor, lawyer, and CPA?" Considering what licensed plumbers make these days, I would say YES!

In regards to the comment about "liberal elitists" insulting working class people, that just sounds like a tired old stereotype to me. I remember the expression "Limousine liberals." Philly is a very "blue collar" town, yet it is decidedly liberal. A lot of working class people, many of them are union members, are democrats. It would be just as inaccurate to characterize all republicans as wealthy or privileged people - i.e. "country club republicans."

Old 10-12-2013, 06:00 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times
And for blacks to desire a black president isn't racist either? A Hispanic desiring a Hispanic president isn't racist? Pot, kettle, black.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:00 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,330 times
No, Sarah Palin didn't say that...but she did say she thought the fact that you can see Russia from a little piece of Alaska meant she was qualified to determine foreign policy.

Which is crazier than what she didn't say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies