Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Didn't read the subsequent pages of posts so maybe someone has already brought this up, but Joe the Plumber didn't write the piece, a black guy did. I read it a few days ago.

America Needs a White Republican President :: The Black Sphere

Old 10-13-2013, 06:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Oops looks like the lib media is back pedaling.

Joe The Plumber: 'Wanting A White Republican President Doesn't Make You Racist,' It 'Makes You American'

Old 10-13-2013, 06:17 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
if you disagree with him, all black people are racists. because the only reason they voted for obama is because they wanted a "sort of" black as a president.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:21 AM

408 posts, read 393,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Carson's position is similar to what Reagan's was, and nobody dumped Reagan overboard.
Ronald Reagan would have been *shot* by today's GOP for raising taxes multiple times. It's objectively true that Reagan's positions, 30+ years ago, would largely be anathema to the party today.

Quote:
The right tends to be more accepting of a diversity of opinion than the left.
Well, THAT'S a complete crock. I voted for Ronald Reagan in my first election in 1980, and I spent the next 23 years of my life supporting the GOP and even volunteering for them locally for more than 10 years. The GOP does NOT accept a diversity of opinion, and if you begin to question their assumptions and shibboleths, you'll be told to sit down and shut up. I finally got tired of their hypocrisy over the Iraq War and left the party -- for good, I expect -- in 2003.

You might believe that the right accepts diverse opinions, but based on my personal experience, it's quite simply not true.

Quote:
We on the right don't demand lockstep conformity, unlike you on the left.

Your attention, passengers -- Delta flight 1313 from Opposite Land to Miami is now boarding.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:24 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
if you disagree with him, all black people are racists. because the only reason they voted for obama is because they wanted a "sort of" black as a president.
Nope, they just don't like Republicans. Republicans lost the little black vote they had in 1964.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
joe the plumber has more infuence and standing in the GOP then one dem rep ive never even heard of before.

everybody knows who joe the plumber is from the 08 election and we also know how many top republicans tried to court him and affilate themselves with him.

as a republican, you should be denouncing joe the plumbers comments, not praising them or just passively pushing it off.

a strong rejection means something. being passive is passively accepting it.
Actually having read his article, which was carried by the Black Sphere (A Conservative Black website), I agree with him, any sane person would (leaving out the Republican part). The whole gist of his argument is that before this black president, we could disagree with the president without fear of being called a racist.

Your posting this without actually reading what he said shows intellectual laziness. Do yourself a favor and stop posting HuffPo lies.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 10-13-2013 at 06:45 AM..

Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Really? Joe the Plumber?

He was right when he called out obama on his economic philosophy 6 years ago.

It appears that he has gone off the deep end.

GOP favorite? I don't think so.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
No, Sarah Palin didn't say that...but she did say she thought the fact that you can see Russia from a little piece of Alaska meant she was qualified to determine foreign policy.

Which is crazier than what she didn't say.
She was answering a question (a question that was never asked of either of the actual candidates for president btw), she was understandably nervous, and as a part of her answer, she thought that throwing in a little Alaska geography was a cool thing to do. She knows the geographical closeness of Alaska to Russia does not make her qualified to dictate foreign policy, which as VP she would not be doing anyway.

To view her answer as anything else shows either stupidity or unhinged partisanship. So which one describes you Fancy?

Old 10-13-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Sarah Palin - You Can See Russia From Alaska www.RightFace.us - YouTube

It is not possible to see Russia from Alaska across the Bering Strait. Palin has the smarts of a bucket of rocks.
This photo is taken from the village on Little Diomede Island, Alaska. Can you see the big rock in the upper right hand corner? That would be Big Diomede Island, Russia.

Now, Who has the smarts of a bucket of rocks??

Old 10-13-2013, 07:31 AM

5,997 posts, read 3,735,836 times
"Many deranged Mexicans"??? Wow you just can't make this stuff up. Watching this tea party/republican meltdown is priceless!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies