Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Looks like someone got one of hot new Democrat talking points and is spamming every thread with it. So now you....err..Obama wants us to believe that those whose plans were cancelled had junk policies that didn't cover anything? Alrighty then.

I wonder if Sparkletts is hiring.
Oh, I really don't care what you believe, but if you believe cut rate insurance is a great idea, then I have a plan I am willing to cut you a deal on. It is for $50 a month, just mail it to me, and when you get hurt I will let your calls go to voice mail and never actually cover anything, but it will be the cheapest insurance you have ever gotten. Do we have a deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 11:05 PM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
This is the perfect storm! The outcome is absolutely brilliant for Obama! SINGLE-PAYER (government) health care (paid by working taxpayers) will happen almost right away due to the website debacle and millions of insured people being dropped by their insurance companies. As poor people jump on the free Medicaid plans and previously insured people are dropped by their insurance companies because their plans didn't meet the ObamaCare standards...and very few young people sign-up for ObamaCare at inflated premiums - there is only one thing that can be done. The U.S. government will start right away taking care of American's health care insurance. And that is what is called SINGLE-PAYER, which is exactly what Obama wants! The perfect storm...and no one 'gets it' yet! This is a big F***ing deal!
He's not that smart hoss. This is a cluster because he nor the other liberals had a clue what they were doing. Don't make it more than what it really is you look silly.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
This is the perfect storm! The outcome is absolutely brilliant for Obama! SINGLE-PAYER (government) health care (paid by working taxpayers) will happen almost right away due to the website debacle and millions of insured people being dropped by their insurance companies. As poor people jump on the free Medicaid plans and previously insured people are dropped by their insurance companies because their plans didn't meet the ObamaCare standards...and very few young people sign-up for ObamaCare at inflated premiums - there is only one thing that can be done. The U.S. government will start right away taking care of American's health care insurance. And that is what is called SINGLE-PAYER, which is exactly what Obama wants! The perfect storm...and no one 'gets it' yet! This is a big F***ing deal!
Call Jesse Ventura because this is a CONSPIRACY!

No really, I think this is not the plan. I don't think that this could turn to single-payer unless we can get high taxes on the rich (by the way, that wont happen.)

Old 10-31-2013, 03:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well you can't keep a policy that doesn't cover anything, no point in paying for something that is nothing more than a junk policy that is stealing money from people.
You have no clue what you are talking about.

Insurers are dropping their plans that don't meet the Obamacare minimum.

That 60 year old now has no insurance because his plan didn't cover maternity, newborn and pediatric doctor, dental and vision.

With the new mandated minimums EVERYONE has to have insurance that covers maternity, newborn, pediatric services even if they don't have kids and are past the point of having kids.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Oh, I really don't care what you believe, but if you believe cut rate insurance is a great idea, then I have a plan I am willing to cut you a deal on. It is for $50 a month, just mail it to me, and when you get hurt I will let your calls go to voice mail and never actually cover anything, but it will be the cheapest insurance you have ever gotten. Do we have a deal?
Quote:
Well you can't keep a policy that doesn't cover anything, no point in paying for something that is nothing more than a junk policy that is stealing money from people.
So, you are following in obamas mantra of yesterday saying tht sub-standard polices and blah blah blah....

So, now you need to back up your claims....show me where people have paid for insurance and not recieved medical care, now the kicker here is, you have to prove they read their policy and still bought the insurance....

So, 1-2-3...GOoooooooooooooooooooo

Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Look...it's totally clear that all of this is nothing more than manufacturing a way to provide benefits to those that will not ( and in some cases cannot) pay for them.
It's ridiculously complicated way of doing it so that it can be passed off as giving more to everybody (even though to those that are having to pay more, it's like giving hair conditioner to a bald man)
It's also so complicated that by putting the focus on a couple of issues that could have had simple solutions, it buries all that's in those other "2000" pages that also need to be paid for.
Ani has read it...I read a good share of it.....has anybody else?
Some of it is well intentioned but so would giving every household a new car be well intentioned. Who is going to pay for it and how it still the 800 lb gorilla
And even though Ani will get new coverage, she won't avoid paying for all that's in those other pages....neither will you, unless you're one that that is already getting supported by the taxpayer

Oh...and to ward off the "What other things?" question, if you really want to discuss the ACA intelligently, how about you read it?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You have no clue what you are talking about.

That about sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you are following in obamas mantra of yesterday saying tht sub-standard polices and blah blah blah....

So, now you need to back up your claims....show me where people have paid for insurance and not recieved medical care, now the kicker here is, you have to prove they read their policy and still bought the insurance....

So, 1-2-3...GOoooooooooooooooooooo
It's hilarious isn't it? They're like parrots. Anything there herp utters, they take it and run with it.

Polly want a cracker?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:13 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Look...it's totally clear that all of this is nothing more than manufacturing a way to provide benefits to those that will not ( and in some cases cannot) pay for them.
It's ridiculously complicated way of doing it so that it can be passed off as giving more to everybody (even though to those that are having to pay more, it's like giving hair conditioner to a bald man)
It's also so complicated that by putting the focus on a couple of issues that could have had simple solutions, it buries all that's in those other "2000" pages that also need to be paid for.
Ani has read it...I read a good share of it.....has anybody else?
Some of it is well intentioned but so would giving every household a new car be well intentioned. Who is going to pay for it and how it still the 800 lb gorilla
And even though Ani will get new coverage, she won't avoid paying for all that's in those other pages....neither will you, unless you're one that that is already getting supported by the taxpayer

Oh...and to ward off the "What other things?" question, if you really want to discuss the ACA intelligently, how about you read it?
Thank you for the thoughtful post, OLD COLD.

I hoped this thread would get some intelligent discussion going about WHAT ACA IS AND ISN'T . . . and about the expectations people have had (based on what they have been TOLD by the White House and Media) . . . and what the legislation has ended up doing.

I think we all agree - we all want affordable, accessible healthcare (meaning - that folks can access in their own communities, and that their budgets can afford).

The system we have now encourages over-use of some aspects of our healthcare system, b/c it is based on reimbursements, so docs will over-order tests/scans b/c they know they will be reimbursed -- and b/c they know (some) patients are litigious.

Raising deductibles is a good way to weed out over-use, as folks are not so quick to want those scans and additional tests when they know that the first $5000 of healthcare that year will be out of pocket.

But that is PUNITIVE! And these plans are very punitive, as a way to control patient BEHAVIOR.

We were promised AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE. This legislation does nothing to LOWER THE COST of healthcare.

This is INSURANCE REFORM, but the "reform" is really "restructuring" and other than slapping insurance companies on the hands w/ the federal mandate re: pre-existing conditions . . . what has been "reformed" about the insurance industry? And it didn't take 2000 pp of mandates and regs to come up with a mandate about no more denial of insurance b/c of pre-existing conditions.

There is nothing AFFORDABLE about this legislation. It is going to cost our country trillions of dollars (per CBO) and for many of us, it is going to cost us more to get the same services we received in the past, b/c our insurance policies have changed - and we now have higher deductibles, more out of pocket, possibly higher premiums with less coverage.

SOME OF US REALIZED THIS BEFORE THE LEGISLATION PASSED. No one was willing to listen. People actually believed they were going to get "free healthcare" or "low cost healthcare." Well, I get that! The name of the legislation is . . . The Affordable Care Act.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Obamacare makes even poor people place some "skin in the game." And isn't that what the cons want?
What will they pay? They can't afford basic needs in every day life. Most don't even have a mailing address how will they pay from under the bridge. Guess we can now count on those gang members doing their part. Finally paying for all the gang violence that puts them in the emergency.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Look at what the thieves did. They live on the money we work for and then the animals loaded up when the EBT system was down. When it came back up they left the buggys right where they stood.
They didn't know any better, this is a perfect example of "poor raising". Even those on the left should be outraged!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies