Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 03:13 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That is a flat out lie. When they can ban smoking in public parks, but allow charcoal barbeques, one would have to be a complete idiot, or a deliberate liar, to believe that it has anything to do with "health and safety." It is about fascist control, nothing more.
Not where I live. It was an amendment to health and safety legislation, and relates to places of employment.

Public parks etc, come under the control of city and regional councils. That's a different battle, and is one in which I supports the rights of smokers, as smoking outside isn't an unreasonable activity - unlike smoking inside a place of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 05:21 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,042 times
I think cigarettes are banned from a lot of outdoor spaces like parks and beaches is because there are too many ******* smokers who are too lazy to dispose of their cigarette butts properly.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:46 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,082,060 times
In Florida, you can still smoke in a bar and only if it is a 'bar' and less than 10% of receipts is from 'food'.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
You can in a lot of bars-clubs in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Switch to e-vaping it is lot cheaper and healthier.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:04 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Anchorage has banned smoking in public parks. You can have barbeques and inhale all that fine burning charcoal all day long, but do not let them catch you lighting up.

Obviously this is not about health. It is only about control by fascist liberal freaks.

A bunch of nanny state BS if you ask me! I find trying to impose outdoor smoking bans absolutely ludicrous, considering all of the other crap we're breathing in. Anything from auto exhaust to barbeques and what is being emitted from factories. Perhaps we should ban all of those things!

Old 11-11-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
I hate smoking but restaurant and bar owners should have the right to make up their own minds about allowing smoking.

Correct. It should be at the discretion of the owner of the establishment, and not some bulls**** feel good government legislation!!! A simple sign stating "we allow smoking" would suffice. If people don't want to patronize the place because he/she allows smokers, then so be it, the owner could then change the policy.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Smokers:

You are entirely free to pursue your suicidal habit.

Just step outside.

You can't take the nonsmokers with you by your 2nd hand smoke.

It's the law.

PS: please stop whining about your "rights".

That's cool. I have no problem doing so. So then quit trying to take it a step further in trying to ban it outdoors!

Old 11-11-2013, 10:28 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,705 times
I was just at Ybor city and they had several Cigar bars where you can smoke and drink. I don't know if you can only smoke cigars or if its OK to have a cigarette. I don't go in for long it makes my cloths smell like crap.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:00 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,340,314 times
Tampa still has smoking in bars. I hate it! Smoking should be banned in all public places if you ask me. Oh, all of Florida is like that by the way. All the bars allow smoking as long as they don't serve food.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:09 AM

50 posts, read 77,253 times
Thanks...I now go to Kelly's Landing or Southport Raw Bar which are vape friendly. Thanks. You are right this is a great walking community with lots of options !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies