Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 04:00 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Really? What party or group of people are systematically cutting funding to the schools, here in Pa it is our beloved governor Corbett (R)
Shhhhh.......

You'll confuse the OP with FACTS.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:08 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
what's worse, not being able to name the capital of Canada or not being able to spell student??????

Is this a trick question and will it be on a standardized test?

Old 11-24-2013, 04:20 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
I meant to ask you is this a public school or a charter school?
A standard public school in a suburb of a major metropolitan city, similar in demographics to the high school I attended in the dark ages. The high school student body numbers about 3,500 kids in grades 9-12. The middle school serves about 1,300 kids in grades 6-8. My husband also attended public school, albeit a slightly smaller one.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Shhhhh.......

You'll confuse the OP with FACTS.
What facts?

That poster committed the logical fallacy of hasty generalization, and besides, cutting funds for public education is not necessarily a bad thing, especially if money is being wasted.

Liberals such of yourself love to obscure reality and only conduct skin deep analysis.

Maybe Harrier won't be your neighbor in the future, though he would like to think that not everyone in your neck of the woods is so intellectually shallow.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
...And many fox followers are willing to accept their lies over any truth.
Harrier doesn't watch Fox News, so he has no comment on that.

He does know that many liberals accept the lies that MSNBC promulgates.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:47 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Meh, its not like it's important.

I know its Ottawa and i still assume those students are much smarter and will be more successful than me.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Really? What party or group of people are systematically cutting funding to the schools, here in Pa it is our beloved governor Corbett (R)
Budget cuts to public education do not equate to dumbing down standards.

Since a Republican is the governor, he is willing to bet that education is being improved in PA.

Harrier doesn't know what the situation is in PA, but usually cuts are made when liberal school administrators are wasting taxpayer money.

Contrary to common liberal dogma, throwing taxpayer money at a problem does not solve it.

Your logic, such as it is, FAILS.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
A standard public school in a suburb of a major metropolitan city, similar in demographics to the high school I attended in the dark ages. The high school student body numbers about 3,500 kids in grades 9-12. The middle school serves about 1,300 kids in grades 6-8. My husband also attended public school, albeit a slightly smaller one.

I knew about the differences in what the suburban schools teaches verses the inner city schools when I took my oldest out of the inner city school and placed him in a suburban school when we moved, but I did not realize that it was different in the rest of the country as well. So if the majority of the U.S population lives in cities how many of our childrern are not being educated properly. It makes you wonder does'nt it?

Old 11-24-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Budget cuts to public education do not equate to dumbing down standards.

Since a Republican is the governor, he is willing to bet that education is being improved in PA.

Harrier doesn't know what the situation is in PA, but usually cuts are made when liberal school administrators are wasting taxpayer money.

Contrary to common liberal dogma, throwing taxpayer money at a problem does not solve it.

Your logic, such as it is, FAILS.

Are you even paying attention? We just compared something as simple as geography between states that are ironically right next to each other, but yet you are totally clueless that there is a difference in what our children are being taught. You just admitted that you know nothing about what is going on in Pa. but yet you still blindly defend a man that you don't know because he is a republican I guess that you did not know that the people of Pa. are going to bounce his dry corrupt azz right out of Harrisburg (capital of Pa. if you did not know) in the next election.

I guess that you think that no child left behind was a great ideal as well

Old 11-24-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier doesn't watch Fox News, so he has no comment on that.

He does know that many liberals accept the lies that MSNBC promulgates.
Harrier does not watch Fox news because the reception is not that good in the psychiatric ward or maybe because it is med time when they come on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies