Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 06:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It is strange that you mention this because since you are referring to Harrier in the third person how do any of us know that it is who I (we) are talking to? So in actuality I'm not talking to Harrier, I'm talking to another entity altogether. To be honest I don't know if you are talking in third person to be funny or you are establishing signs of some form of schizophrenia. If that is truely the case that means my psychiatric remarks are closer to the truth then they are insults.

I guess that no one ever told you that talking in the third person is not quite a normal way to communicate to others especially when you are trying to convey a serious conversation.
You are continuing to violate the TOS.

Consider yourself lucky that Harrier, as a general rule, does not report TOS violations.

He does document them in threads, as he has done here.

You ought to be more careful.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:59 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are continuing to violate the TOS.
"Trolling" is also supposed to be a violation of the TOS - yet here you are.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Back to the subject at hand, while I do value knowledge of geography and consider it worthy of study, I will not make any assumptions about the intelligence or educational background of a person who freezes when ambushed by someone wielding a camera and asking questions absent of context. The reason the Tonight Show's "Jaywalking" segments are so darn funny is because many people lose any semblance of coherence in such situations. That's all this is.

Last edited by randomparent; 11-24-2013 at 08:28 PM..

Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Back to the subject at hand, while I do value knowledge of geography and consider it worthy of study, I will not make any assumptions about the intelligence or educational background of a person who freezes when ambushed by someone wielding a camera and asking questions without any context whatsoever. The reason the Tonight Show's "Jaywalking" segments are so darn funny is because many people lose any semblance of coherence in such situations. That's all this is.

You know if you asked a geography question to certain majors such as political science, history or international studies and they did not know it would raise an eyebrow but to ask a medical student or some other non-goegraphical needed major makes not a bit of difference

Old 11-24-2013, 07:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
George Bush went to Yale.
He did go to Yale. We do not know, however, how the hell Obama gained admission to Columbia and Harvard.

1. Bush released his transcript

2. We know Bush has an IQ of 117 from the military (John Kerry ,the genius, has an IQ of 114).

What is on Obama's transcript and what is his IQ? Of course, both his GPA and his IQ are very low, as manifest by his diction, ability to think quickly, and his concern about releasing any of his academic records.

We have a moron in the White House. Why is anyone surprised by his performance? One simply cannot ask or expect an imbecile to be able to lead the largest economy and the most powerful military in the world. Imagine if there were "interviews" for this job. Would Obama have even been granted an interview? Of course not!

Old 11-24-2013, 07:52 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
I knew about the differences in what the suburban schools teaches verses the inner city schools when I took my oldest out of the inner city school and placed him in a suburban school when we moved, but I did not realize that it was different in the rest of the country as well. So if the majority of the U.S population lives in cities how many of our childrern are not being educated properly. It makes you wonder does'nt it?
But do the majority of our nation's children attend urban schools? Certainly I can't speak for every major metropolitan region, but I can relay that total enrollment for my city's district is ~81k. The combined enrollment for the largest four suburban districts surrounding the city is ~250k. My kids' district alone accounts for ~50k of those students. The vast majority of kids in my metropolitan region attend suburban schools.

Quote:
You know if you asked a geography question to certain majors such as political science, history or international studies and they did not know it would raise an eyebrow but to ask a medical student or some other non-goegraphical needed major makes not a bit of difference
Agreed, but I still think it's valuable knowledge. I'm just not willing to write someone off as an idiot because he doesn't have Ottawa on the tip of his tongue, and I bet every single one of those young people in the OP's video link grabbed a smartphone and began Googling as soon as the camera was off. I know I certainly would have had I been caught out!

Last edited by randomparent; 11-24-2013 at 08:31 PM..

Old 11-24-2013, 07:56 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What's the capital of Canada? Watch Harvard students struggle to answer

LOL!

This must explain why President Obama thought there are 57 states.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

Harvard graduates a lot of liberals.

No wonder a disaster like healthcare.gov was created by them.

It is par for the course.
Betting you didn't know the capital of Canada until that story came out.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
He did go to Yale. We do not know, however, how the hell Obama gained admission to Columbia and Harvard.

1. Bush released his transcript

2. We know Bush has an IQ of 117 from the military (John Kerry ,the genius, has an IQ of 114).

What is on Obama's transcript and what is his IQ? Of course, both his GPA and his IQ are very low, as manifest by his diction, ability to think quickly, and his concern about releasing any of his academic records.

We have a moron in the White House. Why is anyone surprised by his performance? One simply cannot ask or expect an imbecile to be able to lead the largest economy and the most powerful military in the world. Imagine if there were "interviews" for this job. Would Obama have even been granted an interview? Of course not!
This post is perfect for the "conservative conspiracy theory" thread.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Betting you didn't know the capital of Canada until that story came out.
You have lost that bet.

Harrier bets the same amount that you will never contact Harrier to pay him.

Now you owe double money.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Just like anyone else. He earned admission

1. Bush released his transcript --- But he did not release his complete military records

This is the same military that said that he could not fly because he was not smart enough

What is on Obama's transcript and what is his IQ? Of course, both his GPA and his IQ are very low, as manifest by his diction, ability to think quickly, and his concern about releasing any of his academic
records.

Since when was this a prerequisite for being the president? Comedians made a living off of Bush's ability to "think quickly" and the verbal flaws that always followed. I noticed that you did not mention that Bush got admitted into Yale with a less than stellar GPA thanks to legacy money from the Bushs before him

I wonder about you, considering you praise Bush's intellectual prowness eventhough most Americans and the rest of the world thought him to be a complete moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies