Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 08:22 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What's the capital of Canada? Watch Harvard students struggle to answer

LOL!

This must explain why President Obama thought there are 57 states.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

Harvard graduates a lot of liberals.

No wonder a disaster like healthcare.gov was created by them.

It is par for the course.

I went to catholic schools, which you definitely can't classify as liberal. The nuns never taught us anything about other countries. So, I'm not sure what your point is in starting this thread.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
No.

The New York Times reports it as a hoax and MSNBC retracted their
false statements.

It really is funny how you liberals believe everything
that you are spoon fed by MSNBC
Lol! FOX News said she didn't know Africa was a continent. (Amongst a host of other unflattering things dealing with her intelligence)
So naturally, they hired her.

Fox's O'Reilly: Sarah Palin unaware Africa was a continent - YouTube

Old 11-23-2013, 08:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! FOX News said she didn't know Africa was a continent. (Amongst a host of other unflattering things)
So naturally, they hired her.

Fox's O'Reilly: Sarah Palin unaware Africa was a continent - YouTube
MSNBC did too - and you liberals think that they are a legitimate news source.

Anyways, just watch. The liberals have had their false rumor entirely eviscerated, but they will sulk off and begin repeating the story tomorrow.

Liberals never let inconvenient facts get in the way of a good lie.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
MSNBC did too - and you liberals think that they are a legitimate news source.

Anyways, just watch. The liberals have had their false rumor entirely eviscerated, but they will sulk off and begin repeating the story tomorrow.

Liberals never let inconvenient facts get in the way of a good lie.
So why are you blaming NBC? FOX News said some pretty vicious things about her lack of intelligence in that clip, including the Africa thingie.
And righties think FOX is a legitimate news source.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So why are you blaming NBC?
MSNBC.

Because liberals are the ones who think that the story is true and they perpetuate the lie.

They tend to watch MSNBC.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:46 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
Quote:
Edited - and so was grammar.

Liberals prove that their only tactic is to deflect.

Would you like to actually address the topic, which is that Harvard students don't seem to know that the capital of Canada is Ottawa?

Most American students don't even have basic skills like reading a highway map or world map or understanding that north is up and south is down on most maps, Most Americans can't even locate America's national capital on a map of the USA or even indicate its location in a state. (This is a trick question!). How many know what there state capital is called or whaere it is located? For example how many Americans know the state capital in Illinois is not in Chicago or New York New York is not the capital of New York State,

Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Most American students don't even have basic skills like reading a highway map or world map or understanding that north is up and south is down on most maps, Most Americans can't even locate America's national capital on a map of the USA or even indicate its location in a state. (This is a trick question!). How many know what there state capital is called or whaere it is located? For example how many Americans know the state capital in Illinois is not in Chicago or New York New York is not the capital of New York State,
Springfield and Albany. Even I knew that, because I pay attention. I read.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:56 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Most American students don't even have basic skills like reading a highway map or world map or understanding that north is up and south is down on most maps, Most Americans can't even locate America's national capital on a map of the USA or even indicate its location in a state.
(This is a trick question!). How many know what there state capital is called or whaere it is located? For example how many Americans know the state capital in Illinois is not in Chicago or New York New York is not the capital of New York State,
I'm sorry but reading a map is not considered a basic skill in school lol Maybe parents should teach them that.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm sorry but reading a map is not considered a basic skill in school lol Maybe parents should teach them that.
It was when Harrier was in elementary school.

Liberals really have managed to dumb down public education in a short period of time.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:07 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I beg to differ, Natalie. Every year that my youngest has been in school so far, up to and including sixth grade, has included map reading. If it was available, I'd photograph and post the hand-drawn, geo-political map of Canada my son completed this week for Social Studies. If I remember correctly from my older children's middle school years, next year they will continue world geography with a focus on Asia, Africa, and South America. Also, I'm pretty sure that using a compass was covered in either fourth or fifth grade science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies