Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 03:08 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
In some poor villages in Africa, people who took the oral polio vaccine spread polio through their fecum in the local water supply.

"Instead, a large portion of the world's vaccines are given to the third world as "charity," when the underlying conditions of economic impoverishment, poor nutrition, chemical exposures, and socio-political unrest are never addressed. You simply can't vaccinate people out of these conditions, and as India's new epidemic of vaccine-induced polio cases clearly demonstrates, the "cure" may be far worse than the disease itself."

Polio Vaccines Now The #1 Cause of Polio Paralysis | GreenMedInfo
Pfft...Yet another anti vaccine site....How about citing an unbiased site?

Old 12-01-2013, 03:25 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
I always start with common sense.

Before the polio vaccine, what protected 99% of the human population from poliomyelitis?
What common sense? I'm not seeing it from you.....How old are you? I lived through the polio epidemic in the 40s and 50s and both my brother and I contracted mild cases, but two of our friends weren't so lucky....You can rail against vaccines till the cows come home, but I'm not buying a bit of it.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:31 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
If you're vaccinated - why do you care?

Quote:
I'm not sure that vaccination makes one a non-carrier (non-vector)
either
No one ever claimed they weren't, but if you're vaccinated you have no worries about who is a carrier.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:35 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz
Do you have anything that's not from a blog on an anti-vax natural healing site?
They are the only places you can find TRUTH LIKE THIS about vaccines!!

Old 12-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Another one who doesn't know how the immune system functions, yet thinks s/he does.

To answer the first question, vaccines are not 100% effective, though some come quite close. Even having natural disease does not confer 100% immunity to some diseases, e.g. pertussis (a baddie), chickenpox (has caused documented deaths, which is something you can't say about the vaccine), and others. That is why boosters are required for some vaccines, and/or two doses in the case of others, such as chickenpox.

If you are immune to a disease, you can't get it, therefore, you cannot be a carrier. about that!
No one (anti vaxers) has come up with a good reason/proof that vaccine don't work, but there is a ton of evidence that they are effective for the most part. Please explain why childhood diseases have been nearly eradicated, and please don't tell me hygiene, because people were clean back in the days of few or no vaccines (most of this century). I am sure disinfectants played some role, but were not the whole answer. I want real proof, not some bogus website.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I always start with common sense.

Before the polio vaccine, what protected 99% of the human population from poliomyelitis?
I am guessing natural immunity or they were never exposed. Did you know there are some who are immune to the AIDs virus? There is know way to know, thus the vaccine.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I might believe them if they provided some real evidence like the CDC or WHO provide.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:24 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Pfft...Yet another anti vaccine site....How about citing an unbiased site?
There is no such thing. There is always perception and bias involved with human beings. Your creation and application of a category called "anti-vaccine" is an example of both.

That said I would like to see more studies in this area.
Self-Organized Criticality Theory of Autoimmunity

quote:
Conclusions/Significance

Systemic autoimmunity appears to be the inevitable consequence of over-stimulating the host's immune ‘system’ by repeated immunization with antigen, to the levels that surpass system's self-organized criticality.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Lol!
Right! The only places where you can find the truth, the real truth, and nothing but the truth, are conspiracy sites.
I nothiced you never answered my question, Mr. Awesome Dude.....what's your med cred?

Old 12-01-2013, 04:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No one ever claimed they weren't, but if you're vaccinated you have no worries about who is a carrier.
Why? You would have no way of knowing if you developed an anti-body without testing for it. People who get vaccinated get sick all the time. Being vaccinated doesn't mean you are immune or won't get sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.