Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 02:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Nothing says we all have to continue working to pay those taxes. We can all go on the dole! No reason for me to bust my azz to support you
You're right about that. But you won't have any self respect, and the only women that will have anything to do with you are your fellow skanks on the dole. But whatever floats your boat.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 02:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You're right about that. But you won't have any self respect, and the only women that will have anything to do with you are your fellow skanks on the dole. But whatever floats your boat.

H
LOL, good one.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:31 PM

723 posts, read 634,366 times
I haven't read most of this thread, I'll admit. But in general, I feel we can probably all agree that expecting any president to be the messiah is setting your expectations a little high.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
I haven't read most of this thread, I'll admit. But in general, I feel we can probably all agree that expecting any president to be the messiah is setting your expectations a little high.
You should read the thread. It has all kinds of examples where Obama, Michele, fellow democrats were trying to make Obama out to be the messiah. Do they realize how dangerous it could be to hold someone so high, refuse to hold him accountable is? Much less setting expectations too high.

At least finally one of the media admitted to it.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:39 PM

723 posts, read 634,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You should read the thread. It has all kinds of examples where Obama, Michele, fellow democrats were trying to make Obama out to be the messiah. Do they realize how dangerous it could be to hold someone so high, refuse to hold him accountable is? Much less setting expectations too high.

At least finally one of the media admitted to it.
I saw a few of the examples, but they were pretty bogus. I'd vote for him again.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
I saw a few of the examples, but they were pretty bogus. I'd vote for him again.
I wouldn't.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
He was going to be the Messiah for many. But anytime we put one person on a pedestal they are bound to be let down.

In Obama's case, he is the volcano that has begun to erupt. Can't continue to lie, to cover up, to be deceitful, and not expect people to be upset

This health care bill OBAMACARE, is the biggest fudgin joke around, it ain't nothing close to what was promised. Most people I do know and some acquaintainces, have been bamboozled by higher deductibles, premiums, but less benefits then they now have including myself .With prices that have tripled, what part of this is fair or affordable. And no many cannot keep their current plan or Doctor, lie straight up! any way you look at it, so stop justifying the lie.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
He was going to be the Messiah for many. But anytime we put one person on a pedestal they are bound to be let down.

In Obama's case, he is the volcano that has begun to erupt. Can't continue to lie, to cover up, to be deceitful, and not expect people to be upset

This health care bill OBAMACARE, is the biggest fudgin joke around, it ain't nothing close to what was promised. Most people I do know and some acquaintainces, have been bamboozled by higher deductibles, premiums, but less benefits then they now have including myself .With prices that have tripled, what part of this is fair or affordable. And no many cannot keep their current plan or Doctor, lie straight up! any way you look at it, so stop justifying the lie.
Obama kept getting away with his distortion, deceit and lies because the very media that tried to promote him as perfect, messianic, can do no wrong, was always able to cover for him. Anyone who spoke out against Obama was called terrorist, uncle toms, and other disgusting names.

This time, with Obamacare they just couldn't when people like myself and millions of others were able to hold termination letters in their hands. Notice that there are people who think it was except able for him to lie and I would guess that they are the people who benefit (are subsidized). To hell with more people losing insurance than gaining.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

This is why the unquestioning worship of politicians doesn't benefit anyone. The liberal voters want to adore their political leaders, the liberal media will not question them on anything. It's not healthy for mere mortals to be worshipped and fawned over -- it goes to their heads. They begin to believe themselves that they are some sort of supreme being, super-humans who cannot make an error, they become very arrogant.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is why the unquestioning worship of politicians doesn't benefit anyone. The liberal voters want to adore their political leaders, the liberal media will not question them on anything. It's not healthy for mere mortals to be worshipped and fawned over -- it goes to their heads. They begin to believe themselves that they are some sort of supreme being, super-humans who cannot make an error, they become very arrogant.
Yep and anyone with too much power will def abuse it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies