Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 07:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, I have to say that I'm a liberal. Did I expect Obama to be any kind of Messiah? Not only do I find that idea to be extremely STUPID I find it extremely OFFENSIVE. I was hoping for better things from the president but not really expecting much. I think the American system of governance is beyond and reasonable or meaningful measures. It's so dysfunctional and incompetent that I'm actually very surprised that anything at all gets accomplished. The system is much better at regression but near useless in any progression. Why anyone would want to be a president, presiding over this loony bin of a government is highly questionable. So right off the bat I have great reservations about anyone who even runs for president.
Do you think Obama was corrupted after taking office, or did he lie to us during the 2008 campaign, when he cited all the good things he would do in office, just to get elected? And if he was corrupted, who did the corrupting? The establishment politicians in the Congress, who have spent most of their adult lives in Washington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 07:50 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Do you think Obama was corrupted after taking office, or did he lie to us during the 2008 campaign, when he cited all the good things he would do in office, just to get elected? And if he was corrupted, who did the corrupting? The establishment politicians in the Congress, who have spent most of their adult lives in Washington?
Neither; I believe that Obama actually believed he could accomplish the things he wanted. Like one of our great liberal Prime Ministers he believed that reason would trump emotion. Right there is shows he does not know his own country so well.

Obama might have a good vision for the future but he is lacking something very important in implementing that vision. The two greatest reforming presidents, Cousins and from opposite parties had something Obama does not have. Both FDR and Theodore Roosevelt had extensive and long term political experience on both the federal and state levels. As much as it can be done within the American system, they both knew how to use all the levers of power that are available to the chief executive. Obama obviously does not. That might be somewhat of an unfair comparison because in the days of FDR those levers were more substantial. FDR for example, threatened Huey Long with a complete withdrawal of all federal patronage from the state of Louisiana if Long continues to oppose the New Deal measures FDR was promoting. Can you even imagine Obama doing something like removing all federal employees, shutting down most federal department offices and basically removing all federal spending from Arizona because the state will not cooperate with his programme?

FDR faced even greater opposition from the right than Obama has but FDR was able to surmount that opposition for the most part because he was one of the "Master Politicians" of the age. That is something Obama most obviously is not.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Neither; I believe that Obama actually believed he could accomplish the things he wanted. Like one of our great liberal Prime Ministers he believed that reason would trump emotion. Right there is shows he does not know his own country so well.

Obama might have a good vision for the future but he is lacking something very important in implementing that vision. The two greatest reforming presidents, Cousins and from opposite parties had something Obama does not have. Both FDR and Theodore Roosevelt had extensive and long term political experience on both the federal and state levels. As much as it can be done within the American system, they both knew how to use all the levers of power that are available to the chief executive. Obama obviously does not. That might be somewhat of an unfair comparison because in the days of FDR those levers were more substantial. FDR for example, threatened Huey Long with a complete withdrawal of all federal patronage from the state of Louisiana if Long continues to oppose the New Deal measures FDR was promoting. Can you even imagine Obama doing something like removing all federal employees, shutting down most federal department offices and basically removing all federal spending from Arizona because the state will not cooperate with his programme?

FDR faced even greater opposition from the right than Obama has but FDR was able to surmount that opposition for the most part because he was one of the "Master Politicians" of the age. That is something Obama most obviously is not.
He couldn't and didn't while he was in Congress.
Couldn't even take a firm stand on bills and vote one way or the other.
How could anyone think someone so wishy-washy with peer driven opinions and zero leadership on his resume make a good President is beyond me.

It's like hiring the HS graduate to be CEO of Goldman Sachs

Old 12-20-2013, 08:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yep, the only thing this idiot can say about his squatting in the WH for 8 years was that he was elected because he was well-spoken and clean.
Some may say he didn't even accomplish this..........
Media Tip: How to Eliminate Your "Uhhhs" and "Ummms"
After President Obama's lackluster first presidential debate in October, many reporters noted the dozens of "uhhhs" that plagued his verbal delivery and made him appear ill-prepared.

Media Tip: How to Eliminate Your "Uhhhs" and "Ummms"

Old 12-20-2013, 08:16 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
It must be contagious, given Chris Matthews' recent remark about Obama's Hardball appearance that "He came amongst us."

Old 12-20-2013, 08:57 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
But if you read what she said, she really just said that people expected too much. She didn't actually say that Obama did anything wrong. It's like saying we expected him to get an A+ and he only got an A. We thought he'd score 100 as president and he only got 99. The tone of what she said is that we failed him by not being understanding and forgiving enough. There was no implication whatsoever in her remarks that Obama ever did anything wrong. She didn't admit that he's been a bad President. It's like when Obama himself was asked what his biggest failure of his first term was and his answer was that he didn't communicate his great success enough to the people. According to him, his failure was that he didn't let people know how great he was. Walters' remarks have that same tone.
You cannot communicate or give something you never had.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He rules by emotions, not logic, not common sense.
Get the people all riled up against the latest "enemy".
And the people will vote with their emotions.

Obama and his minions come from activist backgrounds and know exactly how and where to strike.
Romney was one of those "rich fat cats" that everyone is supposed to hate. And they did.
Yes, he does rule by emotion. When he wants something done he goes on the campaign trail or uses the pulpit to rally his base. He higher ups use names to attacks to demonize his opponents and elicit hatred toward them. It's a well oiled hate machine.

What surprises me is that others can't see through his kind of manipulation because it's so obvious.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Well, I mean, it's remarkable that it would take half a decade for the veil to be lifted from her eyes. Five years to realize the man isn't a messiah? I think it took some of us – [Looking at co-host Bob Beckel] well, almost all of us – about, you know, an hour and a half to realize that he gives a good speech, but he's shown no aptitude at governing. So I'm glad that she's aboard, but she's a little late.
Krauthammer said it well.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:27 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes, he does rule by emotion. When he wants something done he goes on the campaign trail or uses the pulpit to rally his base. He higher ups use names to attacks to demonize his opponents and elicit hatred toward them. It's a well oiled hate machine.

What surprises me is that others can't see through his kind of manipulation because it's so obvious.

Awwwwwwwwww but sometimes in life it is the what is so obvious, that people choose not to see. They rather pretend that everything is peachy dory sort to speak. And given the way his supporters think,i understand why Obama plays on their emotion. The naïve and faint at heart, will succumb to emotion every time, whether the person is doing right or wrong. They believe with their heart and soul.

Yes many did see him for their Messiah, bringing about that Hope n' Change he chanted day in and day out. And for many whether they were down on their luck or not, they still wanted to so believe that Obama would come thru.

Obama has always pitted people against each other, can't see it, you choose not too. But Obama is smart and calculating at the same time, kind of like he plans his next move such as when there is one of his latest scandals plaguing us. Pretends not to know a damn freaking thing, looking into it, will get back to us when he knows more, {know what that means} and blame the other guys, no matter who the other guy is. Very seldom has Obama believed in taking responsibility for his actions.

And is on the attack so frequently, when any poor soul wishes to challenge him, in any way, whether due to a scandal or one of his failed deceitful policies, as in this new deceitful health care bill law, which is deceitful in every way you can think of. He lied, and so did his administration, they knew, but try coming out smelling like a damn rose, when all along, they are the thorn in our side.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:41 AM

Obama does not take responsibility because he does not view what he or his administration has done as wrong.

Obama is always learning "about it" the same time we are and the media and supporters buy it, what ever it was this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies