Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 01:00 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,891,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
He's not the only one. Reading these threads over the last few days, you'd think some of their favourite Christmas carols are Hark the Herald Angels B**ch and Oy To The World.
The fight for freedom doesn't take a break just because it's Christmas......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 01:04 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The fight for freedom doesn't take a break just because it's Christmas......
Okie dokie! Feel free to stew in your miasma of hypertensive rage and perpetual indignation.
Enjoy!

Old 12-27-2013, 01:08 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,576,978 times
These are the same idiots that brought in Opossums to eat the rats. Possums aint nothing but bigger rats

Old 12-27-2013, 06:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thanks for proving my point..... It's not about what they say it is. It's about behavioral engineering through legislation.

How about instead of making government bigger and inserting themselves in to every aspect of peoples personal lives, we encourage parents through education and information to encourage their kids to make good decisions?
It is the same reason we took cartoon characters off cigarettes, I also support that move by the government because I don't think as a society we should be marketing cigarettes to children or teens.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:43 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is the same reason we took cartoon characters off cigarettes, I also support that move by the government because I don't think as a society we should be marketing cigarettes to children or teens.
As society, it should be the parents job to police what they're children watch instead of the government. I find it hilarious that people who think like you do not mind children watching Bugs Bunny, The Road Runner, Tom & Jerry, etc shooting, killing, blowing up, and maiming each other, but think parents need to have to government step in to parent for them.

That's the problem, Liberal what to make laws to force people to live and act the way they see fit. Where does it end?

Old 12-27-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
As society, it should be the parents job to police what they're children watch instead of the government. I find it hilarious that people who think like you do not mind children watching Bugs Bunny, The Road Runner, Tom & Jerry, etc shooting, killing, blowing up, and maiming each other, but think parents need to have to government step in to parent for them.

That's the problem, Liberal what to make laws to force people to live and act the way they see fit. Where does it end?
Oh I am fine with parents governing their children, but there is no need for cartoon characters to be on cigarettes, nor should e-cigarettes be something marketable to teens.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
But as soon as pot is legal, they will let people vape that anywhere they want to.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post

This! It starts with the parents! Screw that "it takes a village" crap! Oh, and I grew up wathing those cartoons, and I learned very early on that it was fantasy! Why? Because my parents actually DID THEIR JOB!!!

Anyway....I've been to NYC and had a blast, but with all of the nanny laws, I doubt that I'll go back. And I certainly hope that the nanny state BS stays there, and doesn't make it's way to my state! We have our fair share of big government here as well, and quite frankly enough is enough!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But as soon as pot is legal, they will let people vape that anywhere they want to.
I doubt it, I think marijuana should be regulated just like cigarettes and alcohol.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:41 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The problem with e-cigarettes is that they are making them attractive to kids to use them because they provide the same nicotine kick without the pesky smoking of a cigarette. I can understand the concern with that because who wants to encourage teens to start smoking?
Nobody wants to encourage teens to start smoking tobacco.

Puffing water vapor is harmless. Not all e-cigs contain nicotine. Teens should be encouraged to puff vapor as a healthy alternative to smoking tobacco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies