Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
The government has no business promoting or not promoting any kind of marriage. People need to leave other people alone.
Does it bother you that the government promotes the general welfare of the nation? Such promotion leaves everyone alone, so I don't get your anger. Why should it annoy you?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
lol of course you are going to say that but reality is you don't care if thre are negatve impacts, just about what you and other gays want. more than happy to use kids in your social experimentation
How dare you tell her she's USING her kids for a social experimentation? If I were in her place, I'd be outraged!! Infact, I'm not in her place and I AM outraged!

Is there nothing you'll stop at?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Does it bother you that the government promotes the general welfare of the nation? Such promotion leaves everyone alone, so I don't get your anger. Why should it annoy you?
Please point out ONE marriage case that refers to the general welfare clause. By only allowing heterosexual marriage the law does not "leave everyone alone" It denies legal protections to a segment of society which is unconstitutional under the 14th amendment as has been shown in many marriage cases.

Please for once back up your assertions with facts, or stop spreading falsehoods. It is getting tiresome posting FACTS that totally dismantle you lies.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
How dare you tell her she's USING her kids for a social experimentation? If I were in her place, I'd be outraged!! Infact, I'm not in her place and I AM outraged!

Is there nothing you'll stop at?
The "experiment" proved that same sex couples are doing fine raising kids. 1 honor roll student, 1 full ride scholarship college kid, and 1 Naval airplane mechanic.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:18 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The "experiment" proved that same sex couples are doing fine raising kids. 1 honor roll student, 1 full ride scholarship college kid, and 1 Naval airplane mechanic.
I know that and good job

Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
I know that and good job
Genitalia do not parent. Parents do. IF you are using your genitalia to parent, you are doing it WRONG.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Genitalia do not parent. Parents do. IF you are using your genitalia to parent, you are doing it WRONG.

And THAT would qualify as sick and twisted!

Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,641,120 times
Quote:
The answer is simple, and it also answers why it should not promote, or allow same sex marriage or legalization of drugs

The government should promote those things which benefit the nation as whole. This is what "promote general welfare" in the Constitution means. Promoting traditional marriage benefits the nation as whole, because it brings forth new generations of people, and gives the children an opportunity to grow up in a family with a father and a mother, like nature intended. Familes stabilize the nation as whole. Kids who grow up in families are far less likely to end up as bad apples of the society. It keeps crime low, and number of productive people high. Family life even tames the men. It is also an economic issue, because a stable nation is an an economically thriving nation, with fewer people to support.

So, promoting traditional family benefits the nation as whole.

Same sex marriage does not benefit the nation in any way, so there is no reason to promote it.

The government does three things:

1. Promote those things which benefit the nation, like traditional family.

2. Allow freedoms. We are free to work, earn income and own property, live where we want etc

3. Prohibit those things which are harmful to the nation.

Violent crime is definetly harmful to the nation, which is why it is prohibited. Drug use is harmful to nation as whole which is why it is prohibited. Same sex marriage? I have yet to see one compelling reason why it should be promoted, or even allowed.
I think the government should stay out of marriage. Oh please with that new generation of people....each generation is getting worst than the last. We live in a era of bad parenting. Even with this so called traditional family, people are marrying too young and way in over their heads with a child. Should the government get involved with that.....NO. If people want to get marry at a young age or marry the same sex, that their prerogative.

People divorce or split all the time and it also contributes to all of things you listed in young people today. I haven't seen a compelling reason why it shouldn't be allowed. Your argument isn't very good or well thought out. #2 of what you think the government is suppose to do goes against it. It's their freedom to do as they please. Who people decide to marry does not give me an advantage or disadvantage so why should I care?

Intelligent people stabilize the nation and we don't have too many of them these days. Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives, Liberals, Tea Party....I have witness stupidity from all of them. When the last time this country had a decent President? Who elected the members of Congress? We the People who fall for the political machines and all the lies these politicians make. When they are in office, they make fools out of each and every one of their supporters and we the people fail to hold them accountable.

Despite being lawyers and having all this education, they can't come up with the most simple solution to problems. Instead, they stick their noise into something they have no business being a part of. They don't need to worry about same-sex marriage, they need to fix the crumbling infrastructures and stop wasting money overseas.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:21 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
The discussion here is why the government should promote traditional marriage, and the answer is that stable families with children benefit the nation as whole. There are exceptions, like couples who cannot (or don't want to) have kids, but they are exceptions, not the rule. Most couples who marry do have kids, and it benefits the nation as whole, so it is worth promoting.
Then why deny the families of gay parents the same? Do their kids not also deserve the same treatment, as do their parents. Or is it just pure hatred and cruelty on the part of those who despise, hate or otherwise misunderstand gay people? Stable families should not just be straight families. It makes no sense to ignore a general part of the population when others are included. Do you think that only straight parent led families deserve the rights and protections and if so, WHY?

Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Then why deny the families of gay parents the same? Do their kids not also deserve the same treatment, as do their parents. Or is it just pure hatred and cruelty on the part of those who despise, hate or otherwise misunderstand gay people? Stable families should not just be straight families. It makes no sense to ignore a general part of the population when others are included. Do you think that only straight parent led families deserve the rights and protections and if so, WHY?
Really it makes no sense.

Heterosexuals can get married.....because FAMILIES!

Homosexuals DO have children.......NO!

Some heterosexuals DON'T, or can't, have children........ That's different!

Can they even come up with a logical argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies