Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 01:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I'll bet you she failed algebra just because she realized that she would never use it.

A vote for Palin is an anti-algebra vote.

She'd win running against anyone who pretended to be anti-algebra.

2+b= you bet'cha!

Just mention Sarah Palin and the immaturity comes out of the woodwork.
How can anyone be rational, with that to work with.
With maturity comes wisdom... Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 01:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I wouldn't vote for any of those you list. They don't have executive experience at governing.
Neither did George Washington, John Adams, James Madison, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson, Harry Truman, or Ike Eisenhower.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
In 2005, before Palin was elected governor, Congress had passed an omnibus spending bill that contained a $442 million earmark to construct two bridges, in Alaska. One of the two bridges had been estimated to cost $300+ million to connect an island with 50 residents to the mainland.

Outside of Alaska, the reaction to this pork was huge. Nonetheless, Palin ran for governor with a "build a bridge" plank in her platform because it was popular in Alaska.

Like most politicians, regardless of party, she has no issue with the never ending grab for federal money, no matter how foolish the reason, so long as her state is the beneficiary.

The perception of success of many governors is based on being a taker state, one that receives substantially more than it contributes to the federal government.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:55 PM

878 posts, read 737,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In 2005, before Palin was elected governor, Congress had passed an omnibus spending bill that contained a $442 million earmark to construct two bridges, in Alaska. One of the two bridges had been estimated to cost $300+ million to connect an island with 50 residents to the mainland.

Outside of Alaska, the reaction to this pork was huge. Nonetheless, Palin ran for governor with a "build a bridge" plank in her platform because it was popular in Alaska.

Like most politicians, regardless of party, she has no issue with the never ending grab for federal money, no matter how foolish the reason, so long as her state is the beneficiary.

The perception of success of many governors is based on being a taker state, one that receives substantially more than it contributes to the federal government.
Your post is false. Remember those 24,000 emails of hers the media got their hands on and probed them looking for dirt? Well they didn't find any. One thing they did verify is that she never supported the 'Bridge to Nowhere' as her emails indicated. And for you, here they are setting the record straight:

Everyone educate themselves. This show clearly Palin's governing and negotiating skills.
Palin Emails: About that “Bridge to Nowhere” | Barbaric Thoughts
I hope folks know my intention is to continue to NOT support the nonsensical notion that the state can fund Gravina and/or Knik Crossing. If the feds can’t fund these projects that have minimal public support, then they’re not going to happen. I am very frustrated to hear that funds are being spent on Gravina, still, yet the project does NOT have my support bc of the funding issues, long-term.
Truly this could provide an opportunity for Congress to start discussing the nation’s priorities… call me naive, but AK could/should lead in this discussion on public dollars paying for intrastucture improvements across the nation. Why CAN’T we offer to return the “B2N” earmark bc the state can’t afford the project, and the feds won’t be paying for it – the grandious $350m bridge NOT going to happen on our watch.
So ironic – I told Leo, Tibbles, etc just yesterday that we MUST come out with a strong position against AK’s perceived “Bridge to Nowhere” so we quit looking clueless and selfish across the nation and can clear up the perception that the Gravina project is the state’s priority. The $350m bridge is not our priority. The nation needs to be spending $ on fixing what we haveMinnesota needs “bridge money” today more than we need a few Alaskans to perpetuate the nonsensicle notion that our Gravina earmark is more important than fixing aged infrastructure. We would gain so much if we get that message out there – that the nation can pull, and work, together and make wise decisions on federal prioritieswe should see that earmark redirected to Minnesota’s tragedy bc [because] the Gravina bridge isn’t going to happen on our watch anyway.”

Old 01-30-2014, 03:28 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And what kept Romney out of the Whitehouse? Hint: half the US population being stupid enough to vote for Obama.
I have a serious dislike of Obama. But you gotta wonder at the smarts of someone who thinks the appropriate response to Obama would have been Mitt freakin' Romney.

Eh, Dems and Repubs both suck. I cant get over there are so many sheeple who actually think one "team" is preferable to the other.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Your post is false. Remember those 24,000 emails of hers the media got their hands on and probed them looking for dirt? Well they didn't find any. One thing they did verify is that she never supported the 'Bridge to Nowhere' as her emails indicated. And for you, here they are setting the record straight:

Everyone educate themselves. This show clearly Palin's governing and negotiating skills.
Palin Emails: About that “Bridge to Nowhere” | Barbaric Thoughts
I hope folks know my intention is to continue to NOT support the nonsensical notion that the state can fund Gravina and/or Knik Crossing. If the feds can’t fund these projects that have minimal public support, then they’re not going to happen. I am very frustrated to hear that funds are being spent on Gravina, still, yet the project does NOT have my support bc of the funding issues, long-term.
Truly this could provide an opportunity for Congress to start discussing the nation’s priorities… call me naive, but AK could/should lead in this discussion on public dollars paying for intrastucture improvements across the nation. Why CAN’T we offer to return the “B2N” earmark bc the state can’t afford the project, and the feds won’t be paying for it – the grandious $350m bridge NOT going to happen on our watch.
So ironic – I told Leo, Tibbles, etc just yesterday that we MUST come out with a strong position against AK’s perceived “Bridge to Nowhere” so we quit looking clueless and selfish across the nation and can clear up the perception that the Gravina project is the state’s priority. The $350m bridge is not our priority. The nation needs to be spending $ on fixing what we haveMinnesota needs “bridge money” today more than we need a few Alaskans to perpetuate the nonsensicle notion that our Gravina earmark is more important than fixing aged infrastructure. We would gain so much if we get that message out there – that the nation can pull, and work, together and make wise decisions on federal prioritieswe should see that earmark redirected to Minnesota’s tragedy bc [because] the Gravina bridge isn’t going to happen on our watch anyway.”
Sorry. I am not buying it and neither did the Washing Post Fact Checker. The bridge was very much a part of her gubernatorial election platform. Heck, she had tee shirts printed with it. Once elected, she did sort of reverse her position ( imagine a politician doing that) due to substantial pushback. BTW, the state kept the initial $250 million funding. Sweet, eh.

Fact Checker - Sarah Palin and the Bridge to Nowhere

Old 01-30-2014, 03:47 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,738,024 times
Didn't read all 15 pages, but since it should read EX-governor, what exactly is she doing? Unemployed?

Maybe those who favor her have no other choice if they consider the alternatives even worse

Old 01-30-2014, 03:49 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just mention Sarah Palin and the immaturity comes out of the woodwork.
Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Old 01-30-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Didn't read all 15 pages, but since it should read EX-governor, what exactly is she doing? Unemployed?

Maybe those who favor her have no other choice if they consider the alternatives even worse
Well let's see now...her ghost written book about the War on Christmas was published last year and was a huge flopped. That's probably Obama's fault because everyone is too poor to read, now.

Sarah will host a new reality TV show, later this year. Her prior reality TV show was cancelled as was her daughter's scathingly reviewed TV show. The state paid the show's producers almost $1 million, which paid for the salaries of Bristol and a few of her fab friends. No local Alaskan production crews were used.

I don't begrudge her for cashing in. She shows us who she is and all that is necessary is to believe what we see.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Palin vs. Clinton would be a Democratic dream in 2016--too good to be true. Those people who know Palin best don't even want her.

Poll: Sarah Palin ?16 wouldn?t win Alaska - POLITICO.com

Plus, we probably are not through hearing what Bristol's moronic ex-boyfriend Levi has to say about her, as he has more dirt on who she really is than the general population. Next there is the "family values" issue. She advocated family values and abstinence. Bristol sleeps with her boyfriend at 15, gets pregnant at 17, and never marries the teen-age father. Her other kid Track, has a kid 3 months after being married and gets divorced a year later. This in itself says it all about the Palin clan. If her own family doesn't pay any attention to her opinions and beliefs, why would any else?

This woman will sit on the sidelines and take potshots from her bus for the rest of her life. Did you see her anywhere except her bus during the 2012 election? She reminds me of those kids who ring your doorbell and run away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies