Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 10:13 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Let's get something straight. Palin spent 965 days in office as governor, just about the amount of time JFK was in office. Compare that to Barack Obama's 150 days in the Senate before he decided to run for president with zero executive experience. Gov. Palin actually had record of positive accomplishments fulfilling every campaign promise she set out to do. She accomplished more than her 2 predecessors set out to do.
A governor of a hick state with one fourth the population of the borough of Brooklyn. A state that relies heavily on govt. subsidies and oil money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 10:17 AM

924 posts, read 667,707 times
If Palin gets the nomination Hilary could literally win every electoral vote.

Although, a weak GOP candidate could make things interesting for the Democratic primaries, I want someone to challenge Hillary for the nomination.

Because, ONCE AGAIN, I'll probably be forced to choose the lackluster Democrat over the bat**** crazy Republican.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:21 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Funny people say that fighting the ethics charges would have bankrupted her, when there was a fund set up for her defense.

But keep up the fanaticism, it's cute.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
If Palin gets the nomination Hilary could literally win every electoral vote.

Although, a weak GOP candidate could make things interesting for the Democratic primaries, I want someone to challenge Hillary for the nomination.

Because, ONCE AGAIN, I'll probably be forced to choose the lackluster Democrat over the bat**** crazy Republican.
That is the sad part about recent presidential elections and I don't expect the Republicans to put forth a decent candidate any time soon.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:24 AM

878 posts, read 738,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A governor of a hick state with one fourth the population of the borough of Brooklyn. A state that relies heavily on govt. subsidies and oil money.
Why do you slam Alaska as a hick state? Does it offend you? You do know Alaska is one of the most vital states that pertains to American's national interests and national security. And what is wrong with Alaskans having oil money?

Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
All false!
How many people does Wasilla have, then? What political newspapers did she say she read? What are the qualifications to give WH tours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Same qualifications as our 16th president who ran nothing more than a 2 man law office.
Baloney! He was an US rep for two years and an Illinois rep for 8 years.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Why do you slam Alaska as a hick state? Does it offend you? You do know Alaska is one of the most vital states that pertains to American's national interests and national security. And what is wrong with Alaska having oil money?
There's nothing wrong with it. But you can't claim what a great job dear Sarah did when the state's success is derived entirely from something she has no hand in.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Glitch, er, Sarah. She's awesome sauce! Can't wait for her to run! But I'm just sayin'.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Oh GOP, the likely homecoming queen isn't going to sleep with you because you promised her your vote.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:35 AM

924 posts, read 667,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is the sad part about recent presidential elections and I don't expect the Republicans to put forth a decent candidate any time soon.
They really have no rising stars.

There's Rand Paul with his fantasy budget, and maybe Bobby Jindal.

I'm annoyed with the DNC that Hillary seems to be the foregone conclusion, since she's the safe win. I'd like to see Wendy Davis or Bernie Sanders shake things up in the primary. Maybe let some of those on the left understand that change is possible, but not with Hillary Clinton.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:35 AM

878 posts, read 738,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Funny people say that fighting the ethics charges would have bankrupted her, when there was a fund set up for her defense.
She couldn't use that defense fund. At first her lawyer advised her she could and she was already over a half million dollars in personal debt. So yea fighting the ethics charges did put her in jeopardy of being bankrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies