Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 03:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Have you seen a gay pride parade lately?
They're so damn boring. It's just endless floats from businesses, churches, politicians, and gay sports teams advertising.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:30 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,797,744 times
People celebrate such individuals because such individuals are finally not ashamed to admit who they are. Also, let's face it--there is nothing bad and/or wrong with being gay or bi.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:31 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You understand that your condemnation of his lifestyle choices is the root of the problem? You don't care what people do sexually with their consenting partners, except that you do care enough to condemn what homosexual people do sexually with their consenting partners. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't care. It wouldn't be an issue of "accepting". Because you wouldn't care.
If someone asked me if I support homosexuality and believe it's akin to heterosexuality, I would say no, because I don't believe homosexuality is a good thing. I am not however concerned with what people do in their bedroom. My point is, the LGBT community wants everyone to believe that there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, but I happen to have a dissenting view on this subject. I have every right to express my beliefs, just as you have every right to express yours.

Quote:
That many people like you take issue with "accepting" the lifestyle choices of others you ostensibly don't care about, whose choices don't affect you one way or another, is the problem. Because not only do you take issue with "accepting" those lifestyle choices, you take issue with society in general "accepting" those lifestyle choices. And you actively support "not accepting" those lifestyle choices, to the point of publicly (this is a public forum, you know, albeit an anonymous forum) criticizing people like Michael Sam. He did not broadcast all his private business publicly. He acknowledged publicly that he is gay. He didn't name his lovers, he didn't describe his sexual activity, he didn't tell us how much money he has in the bank, or whether he likes to go commando. He had already come out to his team mates and family. He is hoping to embark on a professional career with a public component. Football players are public figures, like it or not. As such, his "lifestyle choices" are subject to being disclosed to the public. Either he can control such disclosures, by choosing when and how that information is disclosed. Or he can let others control such disclosures. Most smart people would choose to do the controlling.
Let's agree to disagree...

Old 02-11-2014, 03:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I don't believe homosexuality is a good thing. I am not however concerned with what people do in their bedroom.

You do realize that these two thoughts don't go together.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:33 PM

423 posts, read 415,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
People celebrate such individuals because such individuals are finally not ashamed to admit who they are. Also, let's face it--there is nothing bad and/or wrong with being gay or bi.
Apparently Michael's own father doesn't think so...lol

Father of Michael Sam struggling with news son is gay - ESPN

Looks like Michael wasn't being completely truthful when he said his parents were ok with it.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:34 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes. What about it?
I just googled gay pride parade. So far a see a float with a bunch of men with shirts, no bottoms with their penis's out, A man (I think) in an S&M costume with his nipples exposed and in some kind of a bondage device, and a few naked lesbians tonguing each other. Not about sex though. ok.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:34 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Have you seen a gay pride parade lately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Have you seen a Mardi Gras parade lately? What's your point?
Here in Philly we have an annual event called The Naked Bike Ride. Thousands of people either stark naked or in their underwear riding around on their bicycles.

It's cool!

Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I also have a right to formulate my own opinion regarding his lifestyle choices
This thread is about him being open about his sexual orientation. What does that have to do with this lifestyle?

Old 02-11-2014, 03:38 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
I just googled gay pride parade. So far a see a float with a bunch of men with shirts, no bottoms with their penis's out, A man (I think) in an S&M costume with his nipples exposed and in some kind of a bondage device, and a few naked lesbians tonguing each other. Not about sex though. ok.
There are tens of thousands of gay pride parades in this country. Most of them resemble the one in Northwest Arkansas. NWA Pride.

Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with sex, you wouldn't go looking for these sexual images.

And perhaps you could explain what gay pride parades have to do with a college football player due to be drafted into the pros, controlling the disclosure that he is gay ahead of the draft.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Here in Philly we have an annual event called The Naked Bike Ride. Thousands of people either stark naked or in their underwear riding around on their bicycles.

It's cool!
Yeah we have that, too. Not to mention Pantless Public Transit Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies