Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 02:25 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Here's my ultimate point, whatever you choose to do sexually, as long as it's not with children/teens and animals is between you and your consenting partner. But I don't appreciate the media and the LGBT community acting as though everyone must be on-board with "accepting" homosexuality as normal/good.

Michael Sam has a right to do as he wishes, but I also have a right to formulate my own opinion regarding his lifestyle choices, especially since he broadcasted all of his private business publicly.
You know what? You don't have to be on board with anything.

You just have to stop keeping certain citizens from enjoying the exact same federal rights attached to legal marriage that others enjoy.

Hate all you want, invent your own cherry-picked morality all you want, teach that same so-called "morality" to your children. Just don't tell me that the government should discriminate against its citizens.

In fact, the sooner all government in the U.S. grants all citizens those same 1000+ rights, the sooner you'll stop hearing about all that pig bottoming. Or whatever you think it is. So why don't you get on board with SSM and let it all go away? You'll have less need for your smelling salts once you and your kind stop openly discriminating, I promise.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:26 PM

650 posts, read 514,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christelyn324 View Post
Everyone morning I read the various papers and it seems as if this morning, all of the main papers have Michael Sam (an openly homosexual college football player) as the main head-line. The writers of the various articles seem to celebrate Sam because he has come out as homosexual. I find it strange that the media encourages homosexuality, but then publishes articles stating that homosexual black males have the highest HIV rates in the country.

I don't understand why this is something that should be celebrated. My question is, what value does being homosexual add to the greater society?

USA Today | Sports

All these social interferences are completely predictable and would be expected
in a society which has a general culture which virtually has absolutely no morals or boundaries whatsoever.

The parts of the whole who are straight but refuse to listen to their conscience in personal matters will automatically attempt to call, the parts of the whole who do listen to their conscience.

The hetro's well know the homosexual life is not moral and do not accept for themselves. But the problem is they do not have enough integrity in whatever dignity available, to afford same to their fellow man.

So what happens is a smokescreen, if the moral majority fix their attention on the deviance in homosexuality, the whole issue of morality becomes an outward social arguement rather then inward, and not only is there a villain for the hetro with no morals, but the individual can continue to avoid the inner conscience and carry on with things which would be causing that nagging.

So for an example, a womanizer or a greedy self centered type would be all for clearing the way and making a big deal out of this issue, they can hide behind.

The culture has no morals, this is what happens, it is essentially exposing itself in an 'all in'. Do or .... It all is very easy to understand both individually and collectively. The potential of a societies soul will expose itself through the parts of the whole,very easy to understand. Plus don't forget , even the trend in and escalating momentum, attention and money itself for attention is snowballing the whole thing, you could almost say this issue shows every sign of determinism. Survival in many ways is the boss. No morals , nothing to survive, everyone knows these things.

So the straights who argue on behalf are tossing over their shoulder's the ones who are the subject of the issue into the den, and I don't believe this can be argued.

guilt, survival, unique individualism and contribution dictate almost everything , esp self management concerning guilt. Oh well culture, should of said your prayers through the years now. Sleep tight... happy dreams..don't let the bed bugs bite !

Last edited by alexcanter; 02-11-2014 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 02:27 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If you demand someone "keep quiet" about something that is literally an unchosen part of their being, then you should learn that not everyone gives a crap about your CHOSEN spiritual beliefs. Are you the type who runs around prefacing everything you say or believe with, "as a Christian...."?
I didn't demand that he keep quiet. I stated that it would be far more appropriate for him to discuss his sexuality with friends and family (i.e. his inner circle), or he could simply be like Cory Booker (U.S. senator) and decline to comment about his sexuality.

Quote:
And guess what? Aint nobody stopping you, despite the damage wrought to people and their families by people who profess to speak for and act in the name of God and in accordance with their beliefs! Talk about EVIL!
Perhaps I'm missing something, but what have I stated that is evil? Did I state anything negative about Michael Sam? Or did I state that I believe,homosexuality is not a good thing to partake in.

Quote:

You prepare your child for the real world, or they get crushed by it and passed by those whose parents DID prepare them for the real world.
And in order to prepare my child for the real world, he should be indoctrinated to believe that homosexuality is a good thing, right? Listen, if I heard him using gay slurs, I would certainly correct him and ask that he not use that language, but under no circumstances would I ever teach my child that lying, committing murder, stealing, fornication, promiscuity, pre-marital sex, homosexuality and drug use are ok, just because everyone else is either doing it, or believes there is nothing wrong with engaging in those practices.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:27 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

You just have to stop keeping certain citizens from enjoying the exact same federal rights attached to legal marriage that others enjoy.

Hate all you want, invent your own cherry-picked morality all you want, teach that same so-called "morality" to your children. Just don't tell me that the government should discriminate against its citizens.

In fact, the sooner all government in the U.S. grants all citizens those same 1000+ rights, the sooner you'll stop hearing about all that pig bottoming. Or whatever you think it is. So why don't you get on board with SSM and let it all go away? You'll have less need for your smelling salts once you and your kind stop openly discriminating, I promise.

No no, you have it wrong! It was AEROGUYDC who insists "pig bottoming" is an integral part of the gay rights debate, discussed in nearly every speech and constitutional argument brought up on the subject, you see?

Which is why he knows all about it and made point to bring it up. Not because he did exhaustive research to discover the obscure term or anything.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
No no, you have it wrong! It was AEROGUYDC who insists "pig bottoming" is an integral part of the gay rights debate, discussed in nearly every speech and constitutional argument brought up on the subject, you see?

Which is why he knows all about it and made point to bring it up. Not because he did exhaustive research to discover the obscure term or anything.
Oh, my bad. I got so hot and bothered thinking about hot, sweaty pig bottoming that I got all confused.

And I'm sure you're right. Any research he did was PURELY academic.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 PM

423 posts, read 415,070 times
Quote:
Right. I'm absolutely sure wherever you're from you're the village intellectual, but you're going to have to try a bit harder around here.

You can't even condescend convincingly.

No...I leave that to ones that do it the best. Liberals.

I take heart that while people such as yourself will be tolerated, acceptance will be a much tougher road to hoe.

But again, whatever blows your skirt up.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:32 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

They don't even have to get on board. It's going to happen whether they like it or not. Those opposed to SSM are quickly becoming the minority.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:33 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Straight people show their sexuality without realizing it. Having a wedding photo or a photo of your spouse on your desk isn't going to raise a few eyebrows, but if co-workers saw Joe had a photo on his desk of his same sex partner, many people would claim he is flaunting his sexuality. Does that seem fair to you?
So, let them raise eyebrows. It's none of their business. Is it fair people.raise eyebrows? Sure it is. Why would that be unfair?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
No...I leave that to ones that do it the best. Liberals.

I take heart that while people such as yourself will be tolerated, acceptance will be a much tougher road to hoe.

But again, whatever blows your skirt up.
Hoeing roads sounds like a lot of work.

HINT: When you're trying to sound smarter than a fifth grader, use the correct cliche. It's not that difficult a row to hoe, I promise.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
All these social interferences are completely predictable and would be expected
in a society which has a general culture which virtually has absolutely no morals or boundaries whatsoever.

The parts of the whole who are straight but refuse to listen to their conscience in personal matters will automatically attempt to call, the parts of the whole who do listen to their conscience.

The hetro's well know the homosexual life is not moral and do not accept for themselves. But the problem is they do not have enough integrity to afford same to their fellow man.

So what happens is a smokescreen, if the moral majority fix their attention on the deviance in homosexuality, the whole issue of morality becomes an outward social arguement rather then inward, and not only is there a villain for the hetro with no morals, but the individual can continue to avoid the inner conscience and carry on with things which would be causing that nagging.

So for an example, a womanizer or a greedy self centered type would be all for clearing the way and making a big deal out of this issue, they can hide behind.

The culture has no morals, this is what happens, it is essentially exposing itself in an 'all in'. Do or .... It all is very easy to understand both individually and collectively. The potential of a societies soul will expose itself through the parts of the whole,very easy to understand. Plus don't forget , even the trend in and escalating momentum, attention and money itself for attention is snowballing the whole thing, you could almost say this issue shows every sign of a determinism in the world. Survival in many ways is the boss. No morals , nothing to survive, everyone knows these things.

So the straights who argue on behalf are tossing over their shoulder's the ones who are the subject of the issue into the lions den, and I don't believe this can be argued.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies