Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 09:21 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I hope the NFL passes him over.
I have to believe this is exactly what will happen with the media making a big deal out of him, no team wants the media scrutinizing them. Nobody is going to want the attention that goes along with this guy.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:26 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I have to believe this is exactly what will happen with the media making a big deal out of him, no team wants the media scrutinizing them. Nobody is going to want the attention that goes along with this guy.
maybe that is the brilliance

they will force these bigots to take him, if they pass him over they are telling the world they are open to discrimination against homosexuals.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:27 AM

746 posts, read 1,243,132 times
Didn't you hear? Gay is the new cool thing. If you want to get a job just say your gay even if your not.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
maybe that is the brilliance

they will force these bigots to take him, if they pass him over they are telling the world they are open to discrimination against homosexuals.
They cannot force anything.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:44 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Didn't you hear? Gay is the new cool thing. If you want to get a job just say your gay even if your not.
Right. Sure.

What world do you people live in?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christelyn324 View Post
Everyone morning I read the various papers and it seems as if this morning, all of the main papers have Michael Sam (an openly homosexual college football player) as the main head-line. The writers of the various articles seem to celebrate Sam because he has come out as homosexual. I find it strange that the media encourages homosexuality, but then publishes articles stating that homosexual black males have the highest HIV rates in the country.

I don't understand why this is something that should be celebrated. My question is, what value does being homosexual add to the greater society?

USA Today | Sports
Well, Christelyn, believe it or not, there are some people that so hate homosexuals....and while I don't really care, what your sexual prefrence is, there are some angry, hateful miserable people who would actually kill homosexuals. When you come out of the closet, it is a very frightening thing to do....b/cnow, their lives are on the line...and they do get death threats...(awful) and the more that do, the more acceptable this life style is. If you take notice, homosexuals are very nervous people, Why, well for a lot of reasons, but basically b/c they were literally banned from society....I don't care what they do in the bedroom or with whom, as long as they respect me and my life, so, what they do is between them and their God.

If Homosexual Black males have the highest HIV rates in the country, then I'm sorry, to say, that perhaps they are sleeping around with a whole lot of people which you should never give to chance, especially in this day and age. Anyway, there are a whole lot more important issues in our world today, I think life should give Homosexuals a break, let them alone and be who they are....it's none of my business.

Oh, and let me just say, human beings want to be accepted, some more then others....funny, how we look to others for approval for our happiness?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 02-11-2014 at 10:19 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

it is because he has the courage to defy the bigots and face them. . .challenge them

we celebrate his courage
Being opposed to immoralty is not bigotry.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:02 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Being opposed to immoralty is not bigotry.

Why are you so afraid of the bigot label? Wear it proudly.

And by the way: Working to discriminate, deny or restrict the rights of people based on innate biology and characteristics is pretty much the epitome of bigotry, so.... yeah.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:05 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Donte Stallworth addresses the issue of "media attention."

Donte' Stallworth comes out in support of Michael Sam on Twitter - UPI.com

"In my experience, if your organization can't "handle media coverage", they will suck on the field anyway..."

Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Don't know if this has been posted yet. Donte Stallworth addresses the issue of "media attention."

Donte' Stallworth comes out in support of Michael Sam on Twitter - UPI.com

"In my experience, if your organization can't "handle media coverage", they will suck on the field anyway..."
Good stuff. Also like the Vince Lombardi quote back in his days as coach of the Skins in reference to Jerry Jones;
"If I hear one of you people make reference to his manhood, you'll be out of here before your ass hits the ground."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies