Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

The fact that this thread is 26 pages long negates the point most of the conservatives are making.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:56 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Muzik_NJ View Post
Three gay brothers. That is surreal. Did your pops play the lottery often?

My point is that you are falsely attributing your brothers misery to his sexual shackles.
No, I am not, he told me himself that he hates himself for being gay, but cannot stop. He also told me that he blames the church for his self guilt and misery.

I do not have the same father as my three brothers that are gay. I also have a straight sister and brother from my Mom and a straight brother and four straight sisters from my dad.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:15 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
No, I am not, he told me himself that he hates himself for being gay, but cannot stop. He also told me that he blames the church for his self guilt and misery.

I do not have the same father as my three brothers that are gay. I also have a straight sister and brother from my Mom and a straight brother and four straight sisters from my dad.
Judging by what you describe to me as a somewhat dysfunctional upbringing, albeit perceived, it sounds like your brother probably struggles with a few more dynamics than the church.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:16 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95;

Nothing else matters....it is all we do. We live in an era of madness unparalleled in the history of man.
I think you need to get one of the following:

1) History book

2) Perspective

Possibly both.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:22 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christelyn324 View Post
Everyone morning I read the various papers and it seems as if this morning, all of the main papers have Michael Sam (an openly homosexual college football player) as the main head-line. The writers of the various articles seem to celebrate Sam because he has come out as homosexual. I find it strange that the media encourages homosexuality, but then publishes articles stating that homosexual black males have the highest HIV rates in the country.

I don't understand why this is something that should be celebrated. My question is, what value does being homosexual add to the greater society?

USA Today | Sports
The reason people celebrate is because becoming visible--aka coming out--has done more for the cause of gay equality than any other single thing.

The anti-gay crowd wants to convince society at large that gays and lesbians are a tiny fringe of freaks and weirdos. But when people come out en masse, everyone can see that isn't true. They realize that gay people include people who they already know--friends, co-workers, relatives. It also shows them most gay people are perfectly normal and healthy, not AIDS-ridden sickos. It is much harder to hate people when you see them as fully human. Not impossible--your own attitudes prove that. But people like you are getting more and more marginal in society. In another generation or so, you will be the freaks and weirdos.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:19 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It's glaringly apparent that the homophobes are absolutely obsessed with anal sex.
I wonder why that is.....?

Oh...here we go again with the ol' "If you talk against it, you must secretly like it" move....... SMH

Because it's "NASTY" and unsanitary????

Could that possibly be the reason???

Old 02-11-2014, 06:21 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Who cares, your christian moral standards are yours, not everyones. Why must people like you try to force your bible and your morals on everyone else. That in itself reeks of immorality.
And Micheal Sams is not forcing his beliefs on OTHER people as well????? Isnt he forcing HIS morals????

Old 02-11-2014, 06:27 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Opinion: Should gays athletes be in the locker room? - CNN.com

Everybody they put a mic in front of keep saying they support him. "All my teammates" are cool with it" , he says. Really?? ALL OF THEM??

Is anyone even free to say they don't want to share a locker room with a man who is attracted to other men??

And why is that man made to feel like it's wrong for him to be uncomfortable?? Women are attracted to men also. Why do men and women have separate locker rooms in the first place?
The locker room argument is getting real old. Some do not have to like it, but life goes on. Just about everyone of us that played sports, or has gone to a public gym has shared a locker room with a gay male. You may or may not of been aware of it but it has happened. Sam came out to his team back in August and things went fine. It is remarkable that 125 guys kept it under wraps. In all likely- hood every team in the NFL has at least 1 gay player, and may even be out to the team. The only issue will be media coverage.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:35 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The locker room argument is getting real old. Some do not have to like it, but life goes on. Just about everyone of us that played sports, or has gone to a public gym has shared a locker room with a gay male. You may or may not of been aware of it but it has happened. Sam came out to his team back in August and things went fine. It is remarkable that 125 guys kept it under wraps. In all likely- hood every team in the NFL has at least 1 gay player, and may even be out to the team. The only issue will be media coverage.
It's only getting old to homosexual propagandists. And that is because it is perfectly logical. It is a double standard, period.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:38 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
And Micheal Sams is not forcing his beliefs on OTHER people as well????? Isnt he forcing HIS morals????
No, he isn't. He isn't demanding anyone become gay. He is just refusing to tell lies about who he really is. It is called integrity. Look it up in the dictionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.