Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 10:49 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Speaking of "terrorism" I believe Lord Vader Cheney and his confused side kick George "Fake Vet" Bush made it into an artform. These two buttclowns managed to scare the bejesus out of the rubes in the middle of Nowhere Montana that the "terrorist" is going to get them and the muslims are going to make all of their woman wear veils to the point that they created damn near a whole new department to fight these imaginary mid western threats.
lol.

palin seems to matter to OP, and the contingent who watch reality trash and like her "folksy" charm.
I'm sure her "folksy" charm in our country whose economy, social structure, and job market is imploding, can really save the day.:rolle yes:

She did learn how to order donuts while being governor in Wasilla, apparently. Pathetic.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:48 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,024,921 times
Todd Palin is smoking crack. Hillary would win in a land slide and the Libertarian candidate would collect the most 3rd-party votes since Perot in '92.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
Todd Palin is smoking crack. Hillary would win in a land slide and the Libertarian candidate would collect the most 3rd-party votes since Perot in '92.

This would have been the perfect time for Dr. Paul to run

Old 02-21-2014, 11:21 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,786 times
I wonder why he made no mention about the 30 something ethics complaints they were investigating her on before she resigned?
Of course there was no mention about her knowledge (or lack of) on history, geography and the world in general.

He must have been watching Faux entertainment, it is the only source saying something so absurd.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:59 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,303,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I wonder why he made no mention about the 30 something ethics complaints they were investigating her on before she resigned?
Of course there was no mention about her knowledge (or lack of) on history, geography and the world in general.

He must have been watching Faux entertainment, it is the only source saying something so absurd.
Yes, he may have been watching Faux entertainment (also known as MSNBC).

Old 02-22-2014, 12:53 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
.........if the media reported the facts on each candidates experience, policy and ideas. I would have to agree. The media never reported Sarah Palins great executive record as governor in the 2008 election. Her record showed that she was more qualified to govern compared to Obama who had zero executive experience. And people don't realize that as governor, Palin was the 2nd most powerful governor in the nation. Palin proved as governor she was able to work with democrats and get things accomplished that the previous governors of Alaska were unable to do. If she were to run and Hillary was her opponent, Palin's executive record would outshine Hillary. Hillary is plagued with scandal and the media has done their best to cover for her like they have with the putative president. The media needs to reform itself and stop being bias so it can report the facts on each candidates experience, policy and ideas. Palin says American need to return to it's founding principles and we have strayed off that path. I have to agree. I would encourage everyone to read the first link and watch the 2nd link before commenting instead of typing a impulsive biased knee jerk reaction. Please try to refrain from doing that. This thread is about having executive experience that can get this nation on the right track to prosperity as well the media reporting that experience.

Todd Palin: Sarah Palin Would Win Pres Election 'Hands Down' if Media Weren't Biased

Video: Todd Palin: She could win the presidency 'hands down'
Videos - Sarah Palin's Life At Home In Alaska - InsideEdition.com
lol... wow, that is delusional. Sarah Palin is maybe going to win first place in some trashy reality TV contest, that's about it. We saw what an airhead she was last time she tried running on a national ticket. And she bailed out on her supposedly successful governorship. Hillary whips her sorry ass without even trying when it comes to brains and experience.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
I disagree. I think a lot of people who have concerns about big government would consider her a lightweight or a sideshow.
That's a good way of putting it. Personally, I think her right-wing views are vile, but that's not relevant. What's relevant is that she doesn't display anything like the depth of knowledge of history or economics or foreign relations or possess the critical thinking skills or anything else that would be useful for someone shooting for one of the highest offices in the land in one of the most powerful countries in the world.

Quote:
And I think she has cultivated that sideshow image herself - I don't think she has any intention of ever getting involved with the messy policy stuff again.

Again, this isn't a bad thing, but she is more of a niche performer than somebody with wide appeal. She garners a lot of attention (as this thread illustrates), but attention and appeal aren't the same things.
The US needs a real joke party, like the Rhinos. The sort that makes leveling the Rocky Mountains to give Colorado an extra half-hour of sunlight part of their platform. Give Sarah a set of deelie-bobbers and put her on the campaign trail for the Silly Party. It's what she was born for.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:45 AM

878 posts, read 737,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I wonder why he made no mention about the 30 something ethics complaints they were investigating her on before she resigned?.
That's because the were all dismissed by the Alaska Board and Judges who declared them being without merit.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:53 AM

878 posts, read 737,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Personally, I think her right-wing views are vile, but that's not relevant. What's relevant is that she doesn't display anything like the depth of knowledge of history or economics or foreign relations or possess the critical thinking skills or anything else that would be useful for someone shooting for one of the highest offices in the land in one of the most powerful countries in the world.
Exactly what views of hers is vile? And why do you give Obama a pass on what I bolded? He had zero executive experience at governing, had no experience balancing a budget or excercising fical responisiblity. He had zero foreign experience as he admitted in the last presidential debate in 08 after a woman questioned him on how he would deal with Iran. The man was a nobody who became a token affirmative action candidate. Palin had more executive experience than Obama ever dreamed of. Her record at making policy is proof.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:11 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,094,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Exactly what views of hers is vile? And why do you give Obama a pass on what I bolded? He had zero executive experience at governing, had no experience balancing a budget or excercising fical responisiblity. He had zero foreign experience as he admitted in the last presidential debate in 08 after a woman questioned him on how he would deal with Iran. The man was a nobody who became a token affirmative action candidate. Palin had more executive experience than Obama ever dreamed of. Her record at making policy is proof.
Sorry Britt, repeating "her record is proof" over and over does not make it so, nor does it make people like her any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies