Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
And it is foolish in the sense that so many athletes palpably risk their bodies for life while pursuing their game for the short money.
That is true for pretty much all sports on the elite level. Tour de France cyclists, elite soccer players, etc. etc. - pressing the human body to the limits to that extreme will never be healthy.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The rest of the world has always been giggling at American Football. There is no loss of influence there, and Rush is kind of stupid for implying so.
And the US has been giggling at soccer for the same amount of time..........liberals want to end that and force us to soccer so the tie is the great win. Not gonna happen.......well if the communists keep holding power it may. Why do you care what the rest of the world thinks about our sports? We play what games we want to play. If you don't like it leave.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
As are all..........but they are fun to play. Baseball was my favorite probably dumber than football. I played em all as you probably did. Some funner than others.
Yes...all fun. Football was always fun for me.

But at the end of the day, it's a very foolish sport. I never wanted my kid to play it, and my dad never wanted me to play it.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
And the US has been giggling at soccer for the same amount of time..........liberals want to end that and force us to soccer so the tie is the great win. Not gonna happen.......well if the communists keep holding power it may. Why do you care what the rest of the world thinks about our sports? We play what games we want to play. If you don't like it leave.
Soccer is a great sport. The conditioning required to play it is incredible. It teaches hard work and patience over an extended period of time just to get a single score. It's not a liberal or conservative thing. Soccer is very popular everywhere you go in this country with the exception of certain inner city areas where kids have little interest.

But in any community where there are open fields, there will be soccer played. It's an EXTRAORDINARILY popular sport in my hometown, in the town i live in now, and in this whole state. All the kids play it.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:24 PM

Nobody wants their kids to play it.......lol. But boys do what boys do. Hell my kid is a 180 pound safety in the highest division in the state. Man I never worried about him getting hurt until last year. There are some big boys out there. He is quick as a rat though and gets around em all. He did get blown up on punt coverage but just jogged off the field I though he was done.......One more year. Those friday night lights are fun to watch. He loves it so I let him play. I tried to make the turd play baseball which he was good at too but he hated it. Only live once.............

Old 02-23-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Soccer is a great sport. The conditioning required to play it is incredible. It teaches hard work and patience over an extended period of time just to get a single score. It's not a liberal or conservative thing. Soccer is very popular everywhere you go in this country with the exception of certain inner city areas where kids have little interest.

But in any community where there are open fields, there will be soccer played. It's an EXTRAORDINARILY popular sport in my hometown, in the town i live in now, and in this whole state. All the kids play it.
Soccer has picked up.......thanks to the women's team who won and the mens national team. Getting exposure on TV is what has helped........but it still sucks IMO. Just boring. Just my opinion. KC has a team that is lights out built a big beautiful stadium for em and it sells out. So it is catching on. I'd rather watch the grass grow though.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Soccer has picked up.......thanks to the women's team who won and the mens national team. Getting exposure on TV is what has helped........but it still sucks IMO. Just boring. Just my opinion. KC has a team that is lights out built a big beautiful stadium for em and it sells out. So it is catching on. I'd rather watch the grass grow though.
I don't think it's a game that you can pick up on late in life. I was raised around it growing up here in Arizona with so many Hispanics. So i took to it like a duck to water.

If you're someone that needs to see a bunch of scoring, then it ain't for you.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:36 PM

You remember the old indoor soccer? There was a lot of scoring. KC Comets.

Hey I had all the kids playing soccer early on........hell I even coached one year......didn't know what I was doing they were pee wee and nobody else wanted the job so I took it........so it goes. I don't need to see a bunch of scoring just more than say 2-1?? I mean you score one it's pretty much over. I do watch the world cup stuff as it is good play. I respect great athletes and what they do. Some of those guys should go to the NFL but hey they are making too much money...........lol

Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't think it's a game that you can pick up on late in life. I was raised around it growing up here in Arizona with so many Hispanics. So i took to it like a duck to water.

If you're someone that needs to see a bunch of scoring, then it ain't for you.
soccer is great but hard to watch on a professional level. they are such pu$$ies. but you could also probably say that about basketball. the amount of flopping in our major sports is embarrassing

i very much enjoy watching the womens national team though for sure. much less flopping

Old 02-23-2014, 09:40 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
How many Dutch ice fairies are convicted felons?
How many football players are convicted felons compared to the general population?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies