Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:00 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I am a Seahawks fan and was still bored watching the game, but the older I get the less interested I am watching football, there are much better sports than that one.
I'm a Steeler fan and I'm also less interested in the sport as I get older. After the Steelers lost to the Packers I took my dog for a walk.... no big deal. I still like hockey but even with hockey I go to fewer and fewer games.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:03 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Dutch skating coach says American football is a "foolish sport"

Boy you are a f'n skating coach, your argument is invalid.

Football is amazing but not better than wrestling... as in real wrestling none of that WWE crap.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I love football. I loved playing football.

Football is an EXTREMELY foolish sport. That's a no brainer.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
No, I'm doing fine listening to Rush Limbaugh. Someone is far more likely to lose brain cells wasting their time reading posts by the crazy left wingers on this board.
Limbaugh's listeners have brain cells? With all the spoon feeding he does his listeners don't need to think for themselves.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:23 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL! Football is "foolish" and is "meant to kill, to injure each other"?

The point of a football game is to put a ball across a line and the other team tries to stop the team with the ball from doing so, using contact.

As for speed skating, it is similar.

A skater tries to be the first one across a line, and some of those hits when a skater is wiped out from colliding with an opponent are rather hard.

Football players don't have blades attached to their shoes.

More potential for blood in speed skating, but Harrier won't go down to this Dutch guy's level and call his sport foolish.
Although I think the Netherlands coach is a buffoon - you don't understand the difference between speed skating and "short track" speed skating. Traditional speed skating, the sport dominated by the Netherlands, has no collisions. Two skaters start and finish at the same place. They cross over once a lap to equalize the difference between the inside and outside lanes.

Short track is more like a free for all, on a much tighter track. Lots of bumping and wipeouts. Great to watch.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:23 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Took me twice to get it!

<Thumbsup!>

Old 02-23-2014, 05:15 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So was everybody who was not the 12th man.
I liked watching the Broncos get buried.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I agree with him that football is foolish as is speed skating. Virtually all athletics are foolish, but they are sometimes an interesting distraction.
Well if you think about it about every sport in today's world is "foolish". But it is the best and has always been the best reality TV out there. Many watch because they played as kids and they wish they could still be out there but just aren't good enough so start rooting for their team in whatever sport. Tossing a ball into a hole.......throwing a ball and another guy hits it with a piece of wood and then others try and go catch it.......I mean it all makes no sense. But it is what many do and enjoy doing. This Dutch coach can shove it. He's just mad his sport isn't at the top of the ladder I'm sure. Tough for him.

Soccer is the biggest sport in the entire world and many games end in a tie..........folks in the stands fight and sometimes kill each other..........they have hooligan clubs going around fighting before games but I never hear liberals complain. I guess because like I said many games end in a tie which means nobody loses..........which is what liberals love. They don't like winners they want a tie.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

As are all..........but they are fun to play. Baseball was my favorite probably dumber than football. I played em all as you probably did. Some funner than others.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I heard this on Rush Limbaugh the other day. Rush said that was an indication of how much influence the US left has around the world.
The rest of the world has always been giggling at American Football. There is no loss of influence there, and Rush is kind of stupid for implying so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies