Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There isnt 55 million people not enrolled now, you're pulling figures out of your ass.

The CBO said the figure was 40 million, of which 10 million of them are illegals and not counted.

Most 4th graders can subtract 10 million from from 40 million and be left with 30 million, the EXACT same number that will be uninsured.

You can pull whatever figures out of your ass you want to imagine there is an increase, but at the end of the day, its just ****
Did you even read the link you posted? Even if we assume the number is 40 million (with 10 million illegals) you would still have a decrease in uninsured.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...on_733740.html

Quote:
Of the 55 million "Uninsured Nonelderly People" the report lists for 2013, only 11 million, or 20 percent, are projected to obtain insurance during 2014; the number of uninsured falls only to 44 million next year according to the CBO.
Quote:
If all of these taxes are going up, then how the hell is it more affordable? You are now arguing against your own premace..
When did I claim anything was "affordable"? I claimed that the bailout provision included in the ACA would most likely not be needed or even utilized as the risk pool stabilizes and people start enrolling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
haha, this is almost as funny as you using facebook as a source of news..

Now its twitter.. with an image of people standing outside of something, waiting for their handouts I presume..

HeyJude, if i take a photo of a black person dead in the street from a gunshot wound, and then post it, would you then cite it as evidence that all blacks have been killed?
Waah! The Republicans lied to me! People really DO want healthcare. Waaah!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310
It's funny how conservatives love to move the goal post...

You are spinning your wheels when trying to reason with some in here. It's like having an "I know you are, but what am I?" argument.
You're right, Obama didn't move the 7 million goalpost. He denied the goalpost ever existed, lowered the non-existent goalpost to 6 million, then boasted about reaching the 7 million non-goalpost.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:32 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:

And now you are paying taxes to insure a net increase of ZERO.. and you're applauding it.. yeah, thats why I"m laughing at you..
I'm applauding?? Drugs are bad M'kay.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Did you even read the link you posted? Even if we assume the number is 40 million (with 10 million illegals) you would still have a decrease in uninsured.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...on_733740.html
Thats after you kicked millions off of their previous policies Why would you count people as newly insured that previously had insurance but lost it over the very same bill or count illegals and such which arent covered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
When did I claim anything was "affordable"? I claimed that the bailout provision included in the ACA would most likely not be needed or even utilized as the risk pool stabilizes and people start enrolling.
Actually what you claimed was that the cost would come down as more people signed up, but once again, the CBO said more people arent signing up..

Thats not even to discuss the fact which is there isnt a dam thing in ACA to reduce the cost.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:38 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're right, Obama didn't move the 7 million goalpost. He denied the goalpost ever existed, lowered the non-existent goalpost to 6 million, then boasted about reaching the 7 million non-goalpost.
The seven million was the CBO projection. It was downgraded after the botched rollout of the website because it was thought that there was no way they could reach it having essentially lost two months of sign up time. But lo and behold, they reached it even with a greatly shortened sign up period, largely propelled by a late surge of Americans who stood in line in order to get healthcare.

Spin, spin, spin. It doesn't change the facts.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:39 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The real mooches are those that refuse to pay for healthcare but then when they need it avail themselves of social welfare to pay for their maladies.
Those that sign on to the ACA are paying monthly healthcare payments to insurance companies.
I agree, those able to afford premiums per objective income data should, in the event of medical bills, be treated like student loan holders. For that group, medical bills should be permanently non-dischargeable in every Bankruptcy Court in the land.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I agree, those able to afford premiums per objective income data should, in the event of medical bills, be treated like student loan holders. For that group, medical bills should be permanently non-dischargeable in every Bankruptcy Court in the land.
Haha, I thought these people were getting sick and dying because they didnt have insurance..

Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
THIS is how much Americans want healthcare. In Texas, no less:

https://twitter.com/NerdyWonka/statu...710208/photo/1
I am actually excited for the Dems and Obama. First time in a long time. Huge morale boost.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Waah! The Republicans lied to me! People really DO want healthcare. Waaah!

If people didnt want healthcare, then why is it an employer benefit?

Can you cite for me a Republican who said that? or are you now just blabbering stupid crap to embarass yourself even more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies