Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:12 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
It is only going to be a matter of time until the so-called 'War on Drugs' morphs into an all-new 'War on Tax Evasion' so the state can attempt to recoup its losses to the ongoing illicit (i.e. "untaxed") drug trade.

At that point, we can indeed call it an epic failure. It's only a matter of time.

the biggest failure is the unwinnable 76 year war on pot..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
This isn't surprising, the liberal denial of the slippery slope argument was nothing more than a distraction.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:40 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default Legalize all Drugs: Did we not Learn from Prohibition?

Sounds like a great idea being I don't need drugs to be happy It should open up a whole new world of job opportunities for me.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannad2 View Post
Legalization suggests agreement with the use of drugs. Children and teens are very astute about the legalization issue and often use this as their reason for early use/ abuse. I understand your premise of allowing people to make their own decision and the possible lessening of substance use with legalization ( I.E.-Prohibition) but the effect on our young people is important to consider. We as parents and "village members" no longer do our part with protective factors for our youth, so the government has taken over that role. Like it or not, I do not see a total elimination of laws against drugs.
I also think your statistics are incorrect. Early use of drugs have been documents to lead to psychotic symptoms in adulthood. Long term use of marijuana can lead to use of stronger drugs because of the tolerance issue. Larger quantity of drugs/more intense to obtain the same high. Your assertion of who dies from drugs is false. You need to review the SAMSHA data for clarity.

And you keep the kids from your alcohol and beer pretty well, don't you?

Old 04-06-2014, 11:36 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oxycotin users switch to heroin when their doctor(s) realizes their prescription drugs created an addict and cuts them off.
They should try the herbal drug called Kratom to get weaned off of prescription drugs. It also can work for getting weaned off heroin addiction. They may end up becoming addicted to Kratom, but at least it's next to impossible to overdose and die from Kratom.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:02 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,790,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I hope you feel safe driving your automobile.

El Nox
1) The legal status of drugs does not prevent people from driving high.

2) 70% of the U.S. population is on prescription medication. That works out to 231,000,000 people taking some for of prescription drug. Of these people 30% (70,000,000) are on mind altering drugs.

I hope YOU feel safe driving. Would you feel better if you were killed on the roadway by someone intoxicated by a legal drug?

Old 04-07-2014, 06:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post

2) 70% of the U.S. population is on prescription medication. That works out to 231,000,000 people taking some for of prescription drug. Of these people 30% (70,000,000) are on mind altering drugs.

I hope YOU feel safe driving. Would you feel better if you were killed on the roadway by someone intoxicated by a legal drug?
Its a huge leap to take when you determine that if someone is against driving under the influence of pot is bad that you support driving under the influence of prescription meds.

That is already illegal and I see no one trying to change that.

P.S. claims like 70% of the people are on prescription drugs is worthless without some valid verification of that so I call B.S. on this claim.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the biggest failure is the unwinnable 76 year war on pot..
There is no expectation that law enforcement will ever eradicate all crime, but it does not mean we should just give up. Only losers do that. What if the Dutch gave up on maintaining their levees, because they have not caused the ocean to pull back? Law enforcement is like a levee, which holds the water back. Everyone knows the water isn't going to disappear, and neither will crime.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is no expectation that law enforcement will ever eradicate all crime, but it does not mean we should just give up. Only losers do that. What if the Dutch gave up on maintaining their levees, because they have not caused the ocean to pull back? Law enforcement is like a levee, which holds the water back. Everyone knows the water isn't going to disappear, and neither will crime.

We the people are our own law enforcement. If you see a concern, it is up to you as an American to confront your problems, not let someone else fight your battles. Which led to the phrase, "pick your battles wisely"

Old 04-07-2014, 12:10 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,700 times
Quote:
True ... but I'm not sure the relevance of this statement to legalizing drugs.

Quote:
Same comment as above, but not all prescription drugs impair driving ability. Now the 30%, therein lies a problem when they get behind the wheel.

Quote:
I hope YOU feel safe driving.
When I'm driving, I feel perfectly safe ... it's the other idiots that I worry about. How about you?

Quote:
Would you feel better if you were killed on the roadway by someone intoxicated by a legal drug?
Every morning I get up hoping that today I will get killed on the roadway by someone intoxicated by a legal drug.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies