Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times

Advertisements

Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce ("take that, Mitches" [these libs can't even win without sounding miserable] Knowles) have no impact on my life whatsoever.

Beyond that, it's pretty disingenuous for people to say that Jay-Z doesn't subscribe to the tenets of whatever the heck group that is when it's not the first time he's worn that medallion and, when asked before if it had any meaning to him, responded "a little bit."

BTW, it's a gaudy piece of junk.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
It's not a surprise. Israel is as much of an apartheid state today as South Africa was years ago.
To the clueless, the uninformed, and the jew-haters. To those with facts, not so much.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:02 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
What about the tribe leaders that sold their own people to the Europeans? Forgot that little tibdit, didn't ya?
That doesn't fit the revisionist history 'racial oppression' theme, so will be promptly ignored. Just like he persists in ignoring the fact that both Blacks and Whites owned slaves and people of both races were slaves.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
No, I'm asking how you can run a business, even a sole proprietorship, and not have any labor costs. If you're running a charity, that's one thing. However, if you are running a business with the purpose of making a living then you are, at the very least, paying yourself - meaning that you have labor costs over 0% - whether you claim those costs on paper or not.
We have...years ago.

My husband and myself did all the work.

Last Friday him and I went and pulled a pump and replaced it.

So far this year we have had no labor......that will change but, as of today "0" would be the figure.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sc.pdf

Show me were to put wages paid to myself.

Note line 37.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
WTF is the matter with you? I believe I clearly remarked how slavery was oppression no matter how you slice it! DID I NOT?
Again that question is more apt for you. You are the one who wrote something about tribal blah, blah and asked me about that.

My response is that it changes nothing.

You introduced this subject into our discussion. We were discussing the medallion, but since that is a lost cause for you you decided to jump into the discussion I was having with IC about slavery being racial oppression and IC writing that because blah, blah, blah and blah, blah, blah slavery wasn't about racial oppression.

I asked repeatedly why you were getting into that discussion, and now you are pretending. This discussion is boring me.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, that's revisionist history.
The only fools here are the ones who persist in ignoring historical fact.

Public Lecture:
‘Kidnapped, Transported, Forgotten. White Slave Children in Colonial America, 1660-1720’
Belfast City Council

The lecturer traced the kidnapping and enslavement of nearly 5,290 European White children in just two states, Maryland and Virginia.
No that is American history. You have no historical facts that I don't know about and your historical facts don't change that the enslavement of Africans in America was about racial oppression.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No you are embarrassing yourself pretending that you believe that medallion is a symbol of white oppression.

LOL

That medallion means nothing to white Americans it symbolizes nothing to them.

You went and embarrassed yourself by comparing that nothing medallion that has no history, no connection, no meaning to white people to the confederate flag the symbol of American slavery and the symbol of the people who fought a war to keep slavery and as a result 100's of thousands died.

Again that isn't what IC is writing. In IC world because blah, blah, blah and blah, blah, blah, that means that American slavery wasn't about racial oppression.

Why are you defending the words of another poster?

I'll repeat it again! Whether the majority of white Americans knew or not is irrelevant! The fact of the matter is it has indeed been identified as a racist symbol! Therefore; if we're going to hammer on racism, let's at least be honest about it and keep it balanced. To hammer on one, and not the other is hypocrisy! You do know the definition of hypocrisy, don't you?

As for defending the words from another poster, well excuse me for not going along to get along and subscribing to the bulls*** that we've been spoon fed in public schools. Furthermore, if you really cared about oppression, you'd recognize the fact that the enslavement of ANY culture throughout history, was wrong, and immoral!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:14 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Again that question is more apt for you. You are the one who wrote something about tribal blah, blah and asked me about that.

And of course you didn't address it.

My response is that it changes nothing.

You introduced this subject into our discussion. We were discussing the medallion, but since that is a lost cause for you you decided to jump into the discussion I was having with IC about slavery being racial oppression and IC writing that because blah, blah, blah and blah, blah, blah slavery wasn't about racial oppression.

Oh wait??? I introduced oppression of black people into the discussion? That's rich. Sure, play the the race card, and blame others. Nice.

I asked repeatedly why you were getting into that discussion, and now you are pretending. This discussion is boring me.

Then here is a thought. It's really simple. Ready??? STOP RESPONDING!!!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
actually it was whether supply and demand was the sole determinant of price. not cost.
Which still isn't true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Easy. Just perform all labor yourself, and don't pay yourself anything. You simply build something that does something.
So you make 100% profit, which means that you pay yourself 100%. In other words, you have more than 0% labor costs.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
People don't get what racism is and what it isn't.

Racism is taking away a group of people's religion, names, and customs forcing them into bondage and then giving them a whole new identity based on this idea of race which endows their race with characteristics that are universally negative.

Racism is burning down whole towns, Jim Crow, lynchings, segregation, denying people schooling, the right to vote, jobs, and housing and medical, experimenting on them, its stop and frisk, etc and so on.

Racism is living in a nation which has done all of those things to black people then wondering why black people are worse off than white people and saying well the problem is black people are still messed up.

Racism is not Jay Z wearing a medallion that may or may not mean anything to him dealing with the 5percenters an extremely small group of people who have no power.
The definition of racism is: "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

"The Nation of the Gods and Earths", aka the 5% Nation, is in fact a racist organization. It was founded by a racist, for racist reasons, and the organization still teaches its racist ideology today.

Choose not to be an ally to racism.

It is a lie to obfuscate from the fact that the group is in fact racist. Choose to not lie and admit that the group is racist.

You have the right to support a racist group if you want, you have the right to be a racist if you want, but at least be honest and admit that the group is racist, as it is a fact per the definition of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies