Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No that is American history. You have no historical facts that I don't know about and your historical facts don't change that the enslavement of Africans in America was about racial oppression.
Africans are the ones who sold Africans. Take it up with your "mother land" if it bothers you so much. Again, the "enslavement" part was brought about by a black man, so blame your own race for that. Before then there was Indentured Servitude where they WORKED and got something when they were freed, like money and land to start their own operations. Doesn't sound half as bad as living in uncivilized tribal Africa. The REAL oppression started AFTER Anthony Johnson brought a case to court that brought about oppressive ENSLAVEMENT you are so angry about. So again, go complain to Africans, they are your biggest contributor in all of this.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
No that is American history. You have no historical facts that I don't know about and your historical facts don't change that the enslavement of Africans in America was about racial oppression.
Um... yeah... we're talking about slavery in the U.S. Did you get confused?

In the U.S., both Blacks and Whites owned slaves, and people of both races were slaves. Was it oppression, and terribly wrong? Yes. Was it racially motivated? No.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:20 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'll repeat it again! Whether the majority of white Americans knew or not is irrelevant! The fact of the matter is it has indeed been identified as a racist symbol! Therefore; if we're going to hammer on racism, let's at least be honest about it and keep it balanced. To hammer on one, and not the other is hypocrisy! You do know the definition of hypocrisy, don't you?

As for defending the words from another poster, well excuse me for not going along to get along and subscribing to the bulls*** that we've been spoon fed in public schools. Furthermore, if you really cared about oppression, you'd recognize the fact that the enslavement of ANY culture throughout history, was wrong, and immoral!
The majority? LOL How about zero. The medallion is symbolic of nothing to white Americans.

No it has not been identified as a racist symbol, because it has no history of symbolizing racism to anyone.

We should hammer racism. There is no balance in racism. One group benefits from it in this nation and all others don't.

If that medallion represented the murder, the enslavement, or the systematic discrimination against any group of people, then Jay-Z would rightly be getting hammered as you say and hearing from a lot of people.

But as it stands, right now even after hearing about the medallion and the 5percenters, that medallion and the 5percenters still symbolizes nothing to white Americans.

Please stop embarrassing yourself pretending that this medallion is some symbol to white Americans of their racial oppression. LOL

Old 04-08-2014, 12:21 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The definition of racism is: "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

"The Nation of the Gods and Earths", aka the 5% Nation, is in fact a racist organization. It was founded by a racist, for racist reasons, and the organization still teaches its racist ideology today.

Choose not to be an ally to racism.

It is a lie to obfuscate from the fact that the group is in fact racist. Choose to not lie and admit that the group is racist.

You have the right to support a racist group if you want, you have the right to be a racist if you want, but at least be honest and admit that the group is racist, as it is a fact per the definition of racism.

This! But get ready... in 3....2....1....

Old 04-08-2014, 12:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Why not raise it to $20.20 per hour?

Wouldn't that grow the middle class?

LOL, or $30, while they're at it! The reason why they don't do that is because they know it's an economy killer.

What they also know, though, is that the image portrayed to the woefully uninformed is a lasting one, even if it's disingenuous--that the Dems are the ones who care about people. As evidence, let's just look at what the president said when he was asked about not reducing capital gains, given the fact that doing so has resulted in increased revenue. He said he didn't care because it was an "issue of fairness."

It's all smoke and mirrors with the Dems. And the next untruth they can foist on an uneducated public.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... yeah... we're talking about slavery in the U.S. Did you get confused?

In the U.S., both Blacks and Whites owned slaves, and people of both races were slaves. Was it oppression, and terribly wrong? Yes. Was it racially motivated? No.
No, you are confused. Oh now you are moving the goal posts racially motivated?

I wrote the enslavement of Africans was about racial oppression which it clearly is. This word motivation is irrelevant.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:28 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Please your ignorance is astonishing. Your lack of insight on this issue is staggering.
How can you possibly defend your assertion that slavery in the U.S. was racial oppression when it is actual historical fact that people of BOTH races both owned and were slaves? It completely defies logic.

Was slavery oppression? Yes. Was it racial oppression? No.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The definition of racism is: "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

"The Nation of the Gods and Earths", aka the 5% Nation, is in fact a racist organization. It was founded by a racist, for racist reasons, and the organization still teaches its racist ideology today.

Choose not to be an ally to racism.

It is a lie to obfuscate from the fact that the group is in fact racist. Choose to not lie and admit that the group is racist.

You have the right to support a racist group if you want, you have the right to be a racist if you want, but at least be honest and admit that the group is racist, as it is a fact per the definition of racism.
That is not my definition of racism, but you already know that since I gave my definition of racism in the post you responded.

I have aligned myself with no one. I have lied about nothing. I have obfuscated nothing. What I have written in this thread stands unchallenged and correct.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How can you possibly defend your assertion that slavery in the U.S. was racial oppression when it is actual historical fact that people of BOTH races both owned and were slaves? It completely defies logic.

Was slavery oppression? Yes. Was it racial oppression? No.
Your question is insane. Seriously, that is like asking me why the sky is blue. If you are that far out into fantasyland, you are hopeless.

Needless to say there isn't any debate that the enslavement of Africans was about racial oppression.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
That is not my definition of racism.
I have aligned myself with no one. I have lied about nothing. I have obfuscated nothing. What I have written in this thread stands unchallenged and correct.

Only in your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies