Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 10:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times

Advertisements

I guess Reid supporters cheered when Reid said this, something I didn't know........

Senate majority leader Harry Reid says that "Everybody" is "willing to pay more" taxes. He said so in an interview with a Nevada Public Radio host.

“The only people who feel there shouldn’t be more coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress,” Reid told the radio host, according to Roll Call. “Everybody else, including the rich people, are willing to pay more. They want to pay more.”

Harry Reid: 'Everybody ... Willing to Pay More' Taxes | The Weekly Standard

Old 04-18-2014, 10:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You may want to look into this further and get your facts straight.

The federal government awarded Randy Weaver a $100,000 settlement.
Doesn't near cover the loss of his child and wife. People tend to think those who live in the rural parts of America are their problems!

Old 04-19-2014, 02:01 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You may want to look into this further and get your facts straight.

The federal government awarded Randy Weaver a $100,000 settlement.
Louis Freeh changed the rules of engagement which allowed the gov thugs to murder Randy's wife, son, and dog. NOT ONE of the thugs ... including Bubba, Janet, Louis or the trigger pullers got charged with anything. I guess the $100K they tried to buy Randy off with makes folks feel good.

Short history lesson ... Ruby Ridge led to Oklahoma City (Tim and company), and remember how quickly the Muir Office Building remains were torn down. Remember how quickly Tim was allowed to commit legal suicide? Can you remember any other chain of events happening so quickly?

I read the posts in this thread screaming about using women and kids as human shields. AQ does it all the time. Plenty of lib silence about that. The difference here is ... these women were there to protect Mr. Bundy and Company. Have you watched the videos of the Federales and their attack dogs? By the way ... to the person who belly-ached about women and children as "shields" ... ever wonder why the US has families in a war zone aka South Korea? Have you forgotten the war is still on?

And as far as the men in women's clothing ... try watching the world news sometime.

Still unanswered is why the Feds originally showed up with assault and sniper rifles at the Bundy ranch ... before anyone else did. The feds got away with Ruby Ridge and Waco because there were no cell phone cameras to provide proof of the gov thugary (my word). Once the "domestic terrorists" showed up (cell phones in the other hand), the game was up.

I am looking forward to seeing how much damage the feds caused to Mr. Bundy's herd and property. We've already seen a glimpse of what they've done to his family. Going in to arrest him is probably not a good idea. Methinks even feds in body armor will be in for a surprise. Remember those thugs (I think it was in LA) who had on the body armor? Even they got taken down. Something tells me a few Teflon bullets and some explosive rounds might be in the hands of the militia's.

Illegal orders mixed with petty ego's on the part of Harry, BLM, and on-scene petty politico's looking for their 15 minutes of fame is a sure-fired recipe for disaster.

Time for the feds to back down a whole bunch more (poor grammar intended).

El Nox

Old 04-19-2014, 02:41 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Harry is a putz. Even a lot of democrats agree he is. That said, he is a dangerous putz. I don't trust this man any further than I could throw him. He will push the issue, and the feds will be back in Nevada again soon. Hopefully we don't end up with another Ruby Ridge or Waco disaster because of Harry, but that is entirely possible. Of coarse his hands will be clean and he will not lose a moments sleep.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:46 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
I don't own the copyright to this.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:54 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Default Term Limets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Harry is a putz. Even a lot of democrats agree he is. That said, he is a dangerous putz. I don't trust this man any further than I could throw him. He will push the issue, and the feds will be back in Nevada again soon. Hopefully we don't end up with another Ruby Ridge or Waco disaster because of Harry, but that is entirely possible. Of coarse his hands will be clean and he will not lose a moments sleep.
Harry is dirty and thusly why Rush Limbaugh calls him "Dingy Harry" Harry has not been a servant to the fine people of Nevada. I have seen several articles suggesting he fully engaged in back room deals. Harry was as poor as we are, but has built his wealth while serving the People!

His time will come.

In the Democratic mind, like Harry and Polse, if one speaks against the regime you are a enemy of the state. A certain power hungry Hilary Clinton say that about Bush" Tables are turned and what we are seeing is anther power grab.

The Tea Party has on some level raised questions and has undermined the Regime in their attempt to by pass the Document of the land, the US Constitution and were the first to speak out against Obama Care, because of the Super Majority of Democrats in 2009,
Terms limits is a good thing!

Old 04-19-2014, 07:04 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Oh, great. Now the government is resorting to calling ordinary, everyday, innocent people terrorists. Some of us did not vote for these communists and this will always be a diverse land.

Harry Reid just needs to mosey on down the retirement trail.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:08 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
The guberment has accomplished much through the terrorism narratitive and there are a whole bunch of stupid americans who have supported it.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Terrorist / terrorism is a catch all to bring in the big guns from the federal government to silence the opposition.

The progressives and their propaganda factory, know words are very powerful, no matter how much truth is in them.

Old 04-19-2014, 07:26 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Terrorist / terrorism is a catch all to bring in the big guns from the federal government to silence the opposition.

The progressives and their propaganda factory, know words are very powerful, no matter how much truth is in them.
Well the war on terror abroad is phizzling out, so time to bring it home to use on us.
Aft all, we have to give all these millitarized parasite agencies something to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.