Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 11:52 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
No, you suggested it was perfectly reasonable for him to be entitled to his preference....and for another person to adhere to that.

That is an attempt to control another individual.

So he's a controlling racist who has embarrassed himself, his wife, his code and organisation
I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said.

Sterling is entitled to his preferences.
Sterling is entitled to want his wife/GF to adhere to those preferences.

That is no more controlling than a man preferring his wife to be fit or a woman not wanting her BF to sleep with other women. You can make a judgement on which preferences you approve of - but that's just your opinion.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:05 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said.

Sterling is entitled to his preferences.
Sterling is entitled to want his wife/GF to adhere to those preferences.

That is no more controlling than a man preferring his wife to be fit or a woman not wanting her BF to sleep with other women. You can make a judgement on which preferences you approve of - but that's just your opinion.
Ugh, okay. I don't really have the time or interest to run around in circles about what you said.

It was a pretty obvious suggestion you made, which can't be equated to extra marital affairs -- as one has a direct implication on the one seeking that preference (health, financial, emotional) .... as opposed to controlling whom your partner takes a photo with... because you are racist. That is an attempt at control, any which way you try to justify it.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:10 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,611,841 times
So is there any truth to the rumor that he may sell the Clippers to Cliven Bundy?

Old 04-28-2014, 12:30 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

It was a pretty obvious suggestion you made, which can't be equated to extra marital affairs -- as one has a direct implication on the one seeking that preference (health, financial, emotional) .... as opposed to controlling whom your partner takes a photo with... because you are racist. That is an attempt at control, any which way you try to justify it.
Perhaps not abiding by Sterling's preference for her to not be post photos with blacks has a direct impact on his health, finances and emotional well being? You can label his preferences how you wish, but he is entitled to them.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:18 AM

437 posts, read 548,299 times
I love how any time any jewish person or jewish/hispanic person says or does anything to a black person(still very rare) they all of the sudden become the FACE OF WHITE AMERICA that they love to hate. And you always have racist black people like snoop dogg calling him a "redneck" when he's jewish. Either these black racists are too dumb to know the diff between jewish and the classic type of "Redneck" white person they love to hate...or they know they can't attack Jewish people so they settle on calling him white.

And it's also funny how Obama ALWAYS SEEMS to find a way to comment on any of these issues where blacks are the supposed victim no matter how harmless it actually is. I don't remember him making any comments on the KNOCKOUT GAME or any other of the countless black on white random murders/group mob beatings but he always somehow finds a way to comment in all the rare instances where "whites" do something to blacks.

And this Sterling guy is obviously not a good person and what he said actually is offensive (as opposed to 99% of the non-stop race baiting espn, cnn, etc. does) but he did let Elgin Baylor, who is widely regarded as one of the worst GM's ever, stay on for TWENTY years and he's had a number of black coaches so his racism obviously didn't affect how he ran the team and he wasn't openly disrespecting anyone with racism as far as we know so no one would care if the girl/wife didn't sell him out.

And listening to rap as long as I have I can tell you I can't count on one finger the number of rappers who haven't said at least one extremely hateful thing about white people as a whole and some of the very mainstream ones do it all the time. some of them like snoop dogg have even been in the white house. But they get a pass and America worships them while we excoriate the paula deens, riley coopers, incognitos, etc.

Until the media/black politics finds a way to at least do equal coverage of black on white crime/racism (should be way more than equal coverage because it happens a lot more) I will not be heaering anything they say when it comes to issues like that.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:16 AM

40 posts, read 39,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
I love how any time any jewish person or jewish/hispanic person says or does anything to a black person(still very rare) they all of the sudden become the FACE OF WHITE AMERICA that they love to hate. And you always have racist black people like snoop dogg calling him a "redneck" when he's jewish. Either these black racists are too dumb to know the diff between jewish and the classic type of "Redneck" white person they love to hate...or they know they can't attack Jewish people so they settle on calling him white.

And it's also funny how Obama ALWAYS SEEMS to find a way to comment on any of these issues where blacks are the supposed victim no matter how harmless it actually is. I don't remember him making any comments on the KNOCKOUT GAME or any other of the countless black on white random murders/group mob beatings but he always somehow finds a way to comment in all the rare instances where "whites" do something to blacks.

And this Sterling guy is obviously not a good person and what he said actually is offensive (as opposed to 99% of the non-stop race baiting espn, cnn, etc. does) but he did let Elgin Baylor, who is widely regarded as one of the worst GM's ever, stay on for TWENTY years and he's had a number of black coaches so his racism obviously didn't affect how he ran the team and he wasn't openly disrespecting anyone with racism as far as we know so no one would care if the girl/wife didn't sell him out.

And listening to rap as long as I have I can tell you I can't count on one finger the number of rappers who haven't said at least one extremely hateful thing about white people as a whole and some of the very mainstream ones do it all the time. some of them like snoop dogg have even been in the white house. But they get a pass and America worships them while we excoriate the paula deens, riley coopers, incognitos, etc.

Until the media/black politics finds a way to at least do equal coverage of black on white crime/racism (should be way more than equal coverage because it happens a lot more) I will not be heaering anything they say when it comes to issues like that.
100% spot on.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:00 AM

558 posts, read 1,121,219 times
There's no shortage of racists in ALL races, the white guy is the easiest target due to his past history of slave importation...even though nobody alive on the planet today has anything to do with what the ancestors did, still the white man in an easy target. If this were a black man saying this it wouldn't even had made the news.
People need to toughen up a little when it comes to the race card. It's always going to exist, not that that's good, but it's a fact of life.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:06 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post

I'm having fun listening to and watching who in the white media can pretend to be the most upset and outraged ...

Old 04-28-2014, 06:15 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
If he said this about the LBGT community, the playoff would have cancelled til further notice.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:30 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simtropico View Post
In other words, here is a rich old married guy who is telling his play for pay girlfriend that he doesn't want anyone to know that his girlfriend is unfaithful to him.

Not racist but stupid.
This is the impression I got from it too.
He is spending LOTS of money on this young women. She has probably been attracted to many different black men and he is very jealous. He feels insulted that she brings this to what he considers to be "his" games because he is embarrassed that he looks like a fool who is being used, which he is.

I think the reason he mentions "black men" is because she has probably been known to have relationships with black men and he is an old white man that she uses just to get his money.

He is jealous and feels used, nothing to do with not wanting a black man at his games. The NAACP was going to give him an award, he must have done something right.

Now it is an excuse to bring up the whole race thing again. Have we heard from Al Sharpton yet?

I do know black women use to hate it when black men would go out with white women.

Not sticking up for the guy, just looking at it from a different angle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies