Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2014, 05:12 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When Watergate happened, there were 2 Progressive parties. Democrat and Republican Keynesian Progressives. There were only 2 or 3 Constitutionalists in the whole congress. They worked together to get Nixon out of there.
Today, there is actually a Constitutional Conservative twist to the politics of the late 60' and 70's. There is more than just 2 or 3.
Well then compare it to the Watergate Commission, fair and balanced and seeking answers to why it happened, these hearing are just political grandstanding.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

Trey Gowdy Demands Answers On Benghazi - YouTube

My own personal favorites, of the questions Gowdy asked the press:

* Do you know why we were the last flag flying in Benghazi, after the British had left, and the Red Cross had been bombed?

* Do you know why requests for additional security, were denied?

* Do you know why an Ambassador asking for more security, days and weeks before he was murdered, and those requests went unheeded... do you know why those requests went unheeded?

* Do you know why no assets were deployed, during the siege? And I’ve hear the “explanation”, which defies logic frankly, that we “couldn’t have gotten there in time”. But you know, they didn’t know when it was going to end. So how could you possibly cite that as an excuse?

* Do you know whether the President called any of our allies, and said, “Can you help? We have been under attack.” Can you answer that?

--------------------------------------

A few "explanations" have occasionally come out. But as Gowdy pointed out, they frankly defied logic and common sense.

Naturally, the press has displayed no curiosity, no interest in finding the answers to these questions. It's not as if it's their job.

Or is it?

I hope Gowdy will fill in where the media has dropped out, and find these answers.

Is there anything he can do to get past the Democrat lies, evasions, and stonewalling, that the old committee didn't already try?

Just a reminder to everyone ..... when one side says "The Debate in OVER!", that means they know they have lost the Debate. There is plenty to discover about the events before/during/after the Terrorist Attack on Benghazi - We learned that just this week when the O-Team was forced to release info that they refused to give to Congress, even with Subpoenas Boehner finally convened a Special Committee when it was discovered that the Administration was withholding information that a Court Order forced them to release (or face possible criminal charges). That's a big NO-NO ..... and you can bet that the O-Team was totally aware of that.

Consider this - IF there is "nothing to find", then what exactly is the point of fighting it tooth and nail to conceal whatever? The Obama Team brought this Select Committee on themselves by refusing to release information, going back in time to "classify" information a year after the fact and generally dragging their heals on "transparency". They Reap what they Sow.

Add to the list of things that Gowdy will be interested in investigating .......

Exactly why was Senator Chuck Schumer at the White House on September 11, 2012 from 5:30pm until 11:59 pm - and why has this been hidden for over 20 months?

Sen. Schumer emerges as surprise key player in Benghazi scandal

All that pesky Video Tape and Records! It's the Cover-Up that always get them.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:27 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
My god, people. Have you lost your minds in a sea of partisan hatred? The Nixon White House had a motive for covering up Watergate: Nixon's associates committed the crime. This nasty, political, partisan insanity has turned me, and many other independent voters against the Republican Party. But go ahead, use the deaths of four Americans as a political fund-raising scheme. It will come back and bite you in the behind.

And this situation and many other have turned many Democrats like my self against the Democratic party. The Obama administration also had a motive for covering up this situation. They were running guns - after they were caught with Fast and Furious - they continued to do it. An election was coming up that had them worried because nothing Obama had promised had come to fruition.

I could care about the video - what I do care about is those 4 lives - when additional security was requested weeks prior, that 4 people died and we didn't even try to help them, that no one is being investigated and brought to justice even with security tapes and it all occurred because we were over there doing something that we had already been caught once for and shouldn't have been doing. And no one is man or woman enough to stand up and take responsibility.

Morals went out the door with Clinton - ethics have gone out the door with Obama.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:34 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And this situation and many other have turned many Democrats like my self against the Democratic party. The Obama administration also had a motive for covering up this situation. They were running guns - after they were caught with Fast and Furious - they continued to do it. An election was coming up that had them worried because nothing Obama had promised had come to fruition.

I could care about the video - what I do care about is those 4 lives - when additional security was requested weeks prior, that 4 people died and we didn't even try to help them, that no one is being investigated and brought to justice even with security tapes and it all occurred because we were over there doing something that we had already been caught once for and shouldn't have been doing. And no one is man or woman enough to stand up and take responsibility.

Morals went out the door with Clinton - ethics have gone out the door with Obama.
But you`re ok with lying the country into a war. Was that moral and ethical? Why do you pretend to care about 4 lives and not give a sh*t about the 4,500?

Old 05-11-2014, 05:15 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Susan Rice did not lie, she provided the CIA assessment which turned out to be wrong. The CIA assessment, by the way, was in part based on statements received from Libyan Government officials.
No. Susan Rice provided the Obama Admin 'blame the video' lie. The Libyan official told the truth on the very same Sunday talk show.

Funny how Obama sycophants forget that actual video and transcipt of the Libyan official's truth on the same show on which Susan Rice spewed the Obama Admin lie, exist.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
But you`re ok with lying the country into a war.
Here's your "liar," listing Iraq's WMDs and the ways they had used them:

President Clinton orders attack on Iraq - YouTube

Old 05-11-2014, 05:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here's your "liar," listing Iraq's WMDs and the ways they had used them:

President Clinton orders attack on Iraq - YouTube
Sorry, but it was Gomer Bush who expelled Hans Blix and his team of inspectors. One man was responsible for 30,000 + killed and wounded and it certainly wasn`t Clinton. He was the guy who rid the world of Milosevic without the loss of one American life. Now you really are informed.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Sorry, but it was Gomer Bush who expelled Hans Blix and his team of inspectors.
He couldn't find weapons. It LATER came out why many were missing at that point:

Obama's own current Director of National Intelligence (James R. Clapper, Jr.) said Iraq's illicit weapons were moved to Syria:
Quote:
"The director [Clapper] of a top American spy agency said Tuesday that he believed that material from Iraq's illicit weapons program had been transported into Syria and perhaps other countries as part of an effort by the Iraqis to disperse and destroy evidence immediately before the recent war."
THE STRUGGLE FOR IRAQ - WEAPONS SEARCH - Iraqis Removed Arms Material, U.S. Aide Says - NYTimes.com

And exactly how would Iraq know to move its illicit weapons right before the invasion? Answer: The treasonous stunt Rockefeller pulled that prompted Iraq to move the weapons:
Quote:
Rockefeller (D-WV): "I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq, that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11."
That was an EXACT quote. Transcript here:

Transcript: Sens. Roberts, Rockefeller

You've been duped by Democrats' lies about Bush, the Iraq War, and what happened preceding the war.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
The Gowdy "trial"(his word) is simply a stunt, but maybe the Dems should stay on the high road and attend even if it would feel good to ridicule the ridiculous Kangaroos.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Gowdy "trial"(his word) is simply a stunt, but maybe the Dems should stay on the high road and attend even if it would feel good to ridicule the ridiculous Kangaroos.
Better yet, provide all the documents (which they still haven't done) and let the chips fall where they may. What are Dems so afraid of if the truth comes out? Why all the ridiculous balking and posturing if there's nothing to hide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies