Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 05:57 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
YOU should think about whether someone else's "stuff" is worth YOUR life before trying to steal it.
He should have been arrested for stealing, he didn't deserve to be killed. The homeowner wasn't threatened from all accounts, fear of your life is supposed to be the threshold for the use of deadly force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 06:30 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He should have been arrested for stealing, he didn't deserve to be killed. The homeowner wasn't threatened from all accounts, fear of your life is supposed to be the threshold for the use of deadly force.
There are a lot of sick people in this country that fantasize about the opportunity to kill someone, as evidenced by this story.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:35 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
What does that prove? Only about 5% of gun owners are nra members.
I'm asking why lefties blame the NRA when they have absolutely nothing to do with killing people with gun violence.

Their mission is protection of one of our fundamental Bill of Rights as an American citizen.

Take a look through their website.....nowhere does it advocate selling guns illegally.

In fact, they're all about responsible gun ownership and use.

They also have courses for youth gun safety.

Lefties are placing their blame where it doesn't belong.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
LOL.....he wasn't executed for stealing. He was killed because he illegally entered someones private living quarters and was rifling through their stuff.

Once again, ask the burglars if they deserve to be executed for stealing my stuff. THEY should be the ones held responsible.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
There are a lot of sick people in this country that fantasize about the opportunity to kill someone, as evidenced by this story.
So now YOUR the "sick one" for protecting your property?

Old 05-15-2014, 06:41 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
Quote:
This exchange student should not have been in the owners garage but he did not deserve to die, this is sad and absolutely ridiculous that this occurred.
I'm not sure what effect this is supposed to have on the ongoing debate about second amendment freedoms vs restrictions, but a father's grief for his daughter's loss is reasonably assumed to be limitless, and it should be respected.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:43 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Quote:
So now YOUR the "sick one" for protecting your property?
Not for protecting property, but for planning to kill someone.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:51 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
LOL.....he wasn't executed for stealing. He was killed because he illegally entered someones private living quarters and was rifling through their stuff.

Once again, ask the burglars if they deserve to be executed for stealing my stuff. THEY should be the ones held responsible.
The physical threat was not there and this was not about protection, the kid should not have been in the garage but he didn't deserve to be killed.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:28 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,913,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Who? You really have to be desperate to cry about liberals if you think "setting a trap and lying in wait to shoot someone is bad" is the same as "it's okay to steal from some guy's garage."

Did he lay a trap so he could kill someone? He's an angel compared to the murderer you guys are lionizing.
Based on his statement to the police (see my earlier link) his girlfriend had set up the "sting operation" without his knowledge.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:45 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
While reading this article, I went to a couple other related stories in the link. There was this guy in MN I believe, offed to people breaking in. Thing was, it WAS an execution and he recorded it. That article blew my mind. That is one cold blooded old man. While I agree with the premise that an intruder is taking the risk of getting shot on themselves, I am also for proper shoot/don't shoot judgement. I also am not quite good with the braggadocio the guy in MT had prior to the shooting.
There are people out there that think killing an intruder is some sort of heroic deed worthy of accolades. While protecting ones family and home IS a noble thing, it is also has a somber and sometimes very troubling aftermath. .Not something to gloat on at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies