Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 12:58 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
He wasn't protecting anything. If I want to protect something, I lock it up out of sight. I don't leave it out and hope someone comes along to steal it so I can shoot them, like the murderer you're defending did.
What did he "leave out"???

Is there a law against not locking a door or, leaving it open???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 12:59 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
This guy should get 5-10
Traditionally it's 2 in the chest and 1 in the head.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:01 PM

1,070 posts, read 740,064 times
There is no law against farting in a crowded elevator but would we encourage that behavior as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

Old 05-15-2014, 01:07 PM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This exchange student should not have been in the owners garage but he did not deserve to die, this is sad and absolutely ridiculous that this occurred.

this is very very tragic....
my take is I can surely understand the father's outrage, this is his son, and first response would be anger and outrage....plus blame, which is understandable

but I can also feel for the owner of the home who shot him...especially if he's been robbed before.
When someone robs you, you feel violated, and you never feel safe in your home any longer. Wondering when it will happen again, your losses are many, sleep, trust, anger, the whole nine yards...

this is simply tragic all the way around...and it happens, accidents happen, they cannot be prevented....

Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Pages 15, 16 and 17 - before the incident Kaarma talked about killing kids (trespassers) "I'm seriously going to kill some f***ing kids... you'll see this on the f***ing news" and killing cops. Witnesses also say he was driving around the neighborhood drunk, cutting off and blocking other cars, and yelling gibberish.

http://newstalkkgvo.com/files/2014/0...NFORMATION.pdf
I have not heard actual legal testimony , under oath, to substantiate that. Until that is done, its all hearsay. I'm neither defending nor indicting. Personally, if that's all true, I would use it toward an unfavorable outlook of the homeowners conduct. I don't hold anger against him, but running ones mouth in a diahrea manner, and mixing alcohol with that in regards to use of lethal force, also leaves me less than impressed.
My premise as to someone who wants to chance sneak thieving or breaking in on my space is , go ahead, we will see what happens, there is no threat of violence extended, or implied. Nobody, who doesn't know me well, knows what to expect. I don't know myself how I will/would react. I sure don't mouth off to the neighborhood that I'm armed and pissed. Take more than a sneak thief to REALLY **** me off though. Lol.Unless, said sneak thief is armed or doesn't u derstand I'm going to assume he is, to whatever end. The odds of catching a sneak thief while unable to arm myself are as good as the reverse.
Can't plan for this stuff. Least ways, I don't. I just try and stay frosty, and keep an eye on strangers hanging around.
I have made the shoot/don't shoot decision, both ways, I have had the one person in my life that I love above all assaulted, and left mentally scarred, after successfully defending herself from certain horrible intentions, unfortunately, I have a bit of experience there.
I wasn't in this guys shoes here, and don't know for sure what state of mind he was in, or even what kind of person he actually is. Based on editorial information, I do see a rush to judgement in many cases here, on both ends. I want to hear more. Lots more.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The purse?

Quote:
Dunno. Is it relevant to the fact that lying in wait so you can kill someone is bad?

That's a rhetorical question. The answer is "no".

Old 05-15-2014, 01:14 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The purse?

Dunno. Is it relevant to the fact that lying in wait so you can kill someone is bad?

That's a rhetorical question. The answer is "no".
Where was the purse???

Old 05-15-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
my take is I can surely understand the father's outrage, this is his son, and first response would be anger and outrage....plus blame, which is understandable

but I can also feel for the owner of the home who shot him...especially if he's been robbed before.
When someone robs you, you feel violated, and you never feel safe in your home any longer. Wondering when it will happen again, your losses are many, sleep, trust, anger, the whole nine yards...
Nonsense. I've been the victim of garage and car breakins three or four times in my life and I don't live in fear. Nor do I try to justify laying traps and shooting blind.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:16 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:

this is simply tragic all the way around...and it happens, accidents happen, they cannot be prevented....
I had a farm house that got burglarized 9 times. Caught one of them and had my 30-30 on him. I captured him but i never had the desire to shoot him. Had another place out in the country and the gang bangers started ripping me off and they did it 3 times but i never made any plans to shoot anyone at all.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:

Accidents happen, they are not planned. Mr Kaarma planned to kill someone. The tragedy is that a few days after he killed this young man, the police apprehended the teens who had actually robbed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies