Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If it were scientifically proven that homosexuality is not a choice, would you still support gay mar
Yes 113 81.29%
No 26 18.71%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 08:01 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Please tell us which religion supports this.
Hawaii's Episcopal Church Supports Gay Marriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 08:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Yes because it is none of my business who wants to commit to whom or why they feel they wish to do so. As long as it is 2 consenting adults (incest being the exception) no harm no foul.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:30 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Would those who support "marriage equality" back away from their position?

I'm speaking hypothetically. If you're going to respond with "the vast majority of scientists say people ARE born gay and sexual orientation is not a choice," no need to respond. I already know.

If you would still support gay marriage despite a scientific revelation, what are your reasons?

why can't you people give it a rest??
good grief

Old 05-18-2014, 08:38 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Two consenting adults? Good to go! No one's business but theirs. Mazel Tov!

Old 05-18-2014, 08:43 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then you have a civil union, not a marriage. Marriage is a religious institution. But gays want to be "married" because in their eyes, equality means forcing society to accept their union as being just as natural and normal as the marriage of a man and a woman.
Funny, I can go to city hall and get a marriage license, not a civil union license. No religious ceremony needed.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:54 AM

461 posts, read 556,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
why can't you people give it a rest??
good grief
You people? I support gay marriage.

Typical Democrat jumping the gun, almost making Republicans look dignified.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:05 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Note the panic on the part of all the usual same-sex marriage suspects at the mere mention of polygamy.
Selective reading issue, methinks.

You must've missed the fact that most of us actually do support poly marriage.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:

Adding polygamy to the mix removes the nefarious prize for which the "equal marriage" ruse exists.

Note the panic on the part of all the usual same-sex marriage suspects at the mere mention of polygamy.

They know their lie ends when same-sex marriage is no longer tied exclusively to traditional marriage.
What do you have against polyandry? You only seem to bring up polygamy when you are trying to attack same-sex marriage.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:21 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
I agree.

Since sexes of the marriage partners is no longer an issue, there is no reason for the number of marriage partners to be limited to two.

Two is left over from the time when one man married one woman because it was the arrangement provided by nature.

Same-sex marriage advocates claim that more than two is undoable but that's bull ****!

What they really mean is they don't want same-sex marriage to lose it's exclusive status as the only other state approved marriage arrangement equivalent to traditional marriage because then it would no longer make homosexuality officially equal to heterosexuality.

Adding polygamy to the mix removes the nefarious prize for which the "equal marriage" ruse exists.

They know their lie ends when same-sex marriage is no longer tied exclusively to traditional marriage.
What panic?
I have no problem with polygamy, as long as all involved are consenting adults.
Histrionic much?

Old 05-18-2014, 10:23 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The acts of homosexuality are a choice. Who they are, is not. I use to think differently. Seriously, you can look at some of them and just tell. Many, have the look. Unfortunately, its who they are and they cant help it. It doesnt change how I think its odd and disgusting but it is what it is. I wish theyd just find out what causes it. Im sure there is a gay gene or some miswire somewhere. But thats up to scientists to find out.
So how does it come about that people choose to indulge in homosexuality? Do they give straight sex a try to see how good that feels? And then they give gay sex a try to see how good that feels. And conclude they gotta choose to be gay, because having gay sex feels wilder and better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies