Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Another strawman.

Can you guarantee there will never be an aircraft accident? Can you guarantee that a oil tanker won't sink?

Of course you can't. Is that a reason to stop flying and stop using oil?

Of course it's not.

Again, this is why liberals should NOT be part of energy policy discussion. They have nothing valuable to add. It's all scaremongering.
Quote:
How many people died?

Your argument is invalid.

lol great way to invalidate a discussion. anyone you don't agree with tell them they have nothing of value to add or their thoughts are invalid. keep that mind closed and firmly planted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,568 times
Quote:
My point is made. Liberals have nothing to offer.
Looks like you have to deflect after being presented with your own words, which is not surprising...at all.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:07 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
My point is made. Liberals have nothing to offer.
You made a strawman argument and expect others to prove you wrong with someone that isn't rooted in reality.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:08 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
lol great way to invalidate a discussion. anyone you don't agree with tell them they have nothing of value to add or their thoughts are invalid. keep that mind closed and firmly planted.
Your question was intellectually dishonest. If you don't understand why, then please exit the thread.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You made a strawman argument and expect others to prove you wrong with someone that isn't rooted in reality.
Oh yeah? Tell me what the strawman is? But, first, let me say this: If you are ignorant of 1970s/80's energy policy and discussion, then do yourself a favor and exit the thread. We don't need you pontificating about something you know nothing about.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:12 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,568 times
Quote:
Oh yeah? Tell me what the strawman is? But, first, let me say this: If you are ignorant of 1970s/80's energy policy and discussion, then do yourself a favor and exit the thread. We don't need you pontificating about something you know nothing about.
In 2009 you claimed to have inside knowledge about all the plants being planned and were here warning users about it. Why the reversal now? Oh I know, its because its liberals fault if plants are build in your backyard and also their fault if no plants are built at all. And that intellectual shortcoming is why nobody here should or does take your comments seriously.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
The very link that you provided has a list of liberals, including the President, that support nuclear energy. Therefore, your statement that all liberals are to blame is foolish nonsense, and we shouldn't listen to people who are only capable of saying foolish nonsense.
Wow. Just wow. The link I provided is to illustrate the change of direction liberals have taken on nuclear power. You can't have a change in thinking if there wasn't a contrarian point of view to begin with.

I long for the day when we have a subset of intelligent liberals on this forum. A few short years ago, we actually did. The times have definitely changed.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:13 AM

553 posts, read 596,238 times
Quote:
Why do you presume to know what all liberals think? Isn't it disappointing to be proven wrong over and over?
I see, it's okay to tar and feather the entire Tea Party because of some stupid comment one or two of their candidates made but we should always stipulate that only 95% of Liberals have opposed nuclear power the last half-century?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:13 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Your question was intellectually dishonest. If you don't understand why, then please exit the thread.
bs, you just won't consider any idea that doesn't go along with your liberal hate.

you may be fine with a nuclear plant in your back yard but most people are not and for good reason.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
In 2009 you claimed to have inside knowledge about all the plants being planned and were here warning users about it. Why the reversal now? Oh I know, its because its liberals fault if plants are build in your backyard and also their fault if no plants are built at all. And that intellectual shortcoming is why nobody here should or does take your comments seriously.
Yes, I have worked on nuclear plant siting. But that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the last 40 years and the de facto moratorium on nuclear infrastructure development. So what's your point? You have none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies