Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 01:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Same thing we're doing with it now. Ideally though we'll reprocess it for more fuel. I don't get why everyone always acts like nuclear is a new science or technology, it isn't and we're using it now, just not nearly enough!
And what are we doing with if now? Last I heard we were buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And what are we doing with if now? Last I heard we were buying it.
We're storing it at the plants. Why would we buy nuclear waste??? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Be prepared for a big deflection when faced with facts.
This being said by the guy whose response to the point of nuclear power development being sandbagged for the past few decades was "Why were you so concerned about the alleged plants being planned in 2009 that you felt the need to give cryptic warnings? Might it have something to do with the new liberal in the White House? If McCain had won, the same planning would take place and you probably wouldn't have said a word. That makes you a pathetic hypocrite that nobody should take seriously and should exit this thread."

You really shouldn't be talking about deflection after you just did exactly that, ignoring the point he made and instead steering things towards partisanship.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
The title of this thread that YOU started:

"If It Weren't For Liberalism, Today America Would Have Safe, Functioning Nuclear Power Plants Instead of Fossil Fuels"

I presented you with evidence that there are plenty of conservatives who are indirectly against nuclear power because of where the waste would wind up.
Point me to the Post # with this information. I have scoured the thread and don't see anything of the sort.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Your thread is incorrect because you think it is just liberals that are against nuclear power. I bet if one tried to put a plant in a conservative area, they would try to stop it too.
My thread is correct. What is incorrect is your reading comprehension. I think I was broad, but pretty clear, in the OP on liberal policies of the past. You weren't even born when these discussions were taking place, making you uniquely unqualified to even discuss this issue. All you're doing is trying to interject your opinions of today on a topic that is 40+ years old and full of liberal intransigence. Your lack of subject matter expertise does not change any of that.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
We're storing it at the plants. Why would we buy nuclear waste??? That makes no sense whatsoever.
That should say burying it, not buying it.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
My thread is correct. What is incorrect is your reading comprehension. I think I was broad, but pretty clear, in the OP on liberal policies of the past. You weren't even born when these discussions were taking place, making you uniquely unqualified to even discuss this issue. All you're doing is trying to interject your opinions of today on a topic that is 40+ years old and full of liberal intransigence. Your lack of subject matter expertise does not change any of that.
Then your lack of knowledge in nuclear science means you are unable to discuss this topic.

What happens to nuclear waste? Still waiting for your answer kiddo.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:04 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,048,136 times
Quote:
My point is made. Liberals have nothing to offer.
Left leaning indie here that has consistently been in support of bio-fuels like algae.

"High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article.

In principle, the new generation of biofuels could be vital for sustaining road and air transport in the face of declining oil production and emissions concerns.

The new fuels avoid the problems of first-generation products such as US corn-based ethanol, including competition with food production, because they are produced from agricultural or municipal waste, or from special energy crops."

“In the renewables sector, it’s always a fight against the big boys,” he says. “Some days you feel like saying you give up, but on most days you feel like fighting on. And that’s what Abengoa will do.”

Old 06-30-2014, 02:07 PM

580 posts, read 450,144 times
Quote:
Keywords: Congress overrode him, and Harry Reid has stopped all consideration.

Nothing I have said is false. In fact, what you have said here actually validates my statement.

So, you were saying?
Republicans controlled both houses of congress in the 106th, 108th, and 109th congress. The 108th and 109th while a republican was also president...

Why didn't they do anything then?

Old 06-30-2014, 02:14 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,612,664 times
Quote:
If it weren't for liberals and liberalism, America would have a vast and expansive nuclear power infrastructure, renewable for infinity, more efficient than fossil fuels, less damaging to the environment than scavenging for coal, oil and natural gas, and more economically efficient than high-cost wind and solar farms.

For the past 40 years, America could have been building upon a tried and true energy infrastucture. But, no. We can't have that here in America. Liberals just won't allow it. And because of that, America missed the boat.
You are absolutely right, if it weren't for liberals holding back our free markets we could be enjoying the benefits of nuclear power now just like Japan & Russia.

Fukushima (Japan) Nuclear Power Plant Explosion 12 March 2011 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies