Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 02:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,443,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is costs $28-$40 billion a year to seal the border. Where will the money come from if Congress refuses authorize it?
The border isn't the issue per se. They are walking up to agents and turning themselves in. Obama needs to enforce immigration laws in the interior, that's the problem.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The border isn't the issue per se. They are walking up to agents and turning themselves in. Obama needs to enforce immigration laws in the interior, that's the problem.
Yes, like arresting those that hire them, something no President Repub or Dem has pushed hard enough or at all.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:41 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What makes you think that those bills are going to fix the problem?

Here's an "immigration reform" that's already on the books.....we are a sovereign nation. We have borders which, by law, must be protected.

Protect the border. Round up and deport those who are here illegally, whether they walked across the border or overstayed their visa's.

Easy peasy.

Oh..."what about the children!" The leftie rally cry.
I could see this one from a mile away. I knew that the goal was to have all those old white people protesting at busses of illegals so it could play out on TV and the GOP could be portrayed as the old white party that's worried about the country turning brown.

You know how Hamas is using human shields of Palestinian citizens to "confront Israeli warplanes with their bare chests"? I've thought about this situation on the border, using children from non-contiguous countries claiming refuge status when there just so happens to be a law making it impossible to deport them (how did they know that I wonder). To me, it's almost like the immigration reformists in this country are using these kids as human shields, putting them in danger crossing the deserts with drug smugglers, just so they can accuse Republicans of being mean and holding this country hostage to their demands for amnesty.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's gotten so bad that the agents are now doing their patrols in buses rather than vans there's so many looking for that "Welcome Wagon".

Old 07-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I could see this one from a mile away. I knew that the goal was to have all those old white people protesting at busses of illegals so it could play out on TV and the GOP could be portrayed as the old white party that's worried about the country turning brown.

You know how Hamas is using human shields of Palestinian citizens to "confront Israeli warplanes with their bare chests"? I've thought about this situation on the border, using children from non-contiguous countries claiming refuge status when there just so happens to be a law making it impossible to deport them (how did they know that I wonder). To me, it's almost like the immigration reformists in this country are using these kids as human shields, putting them in danger crossing the deserts with drug smugglers, just so they can accuse Republicans of being mean and holding this country hostage to their demands for amnesty.
6 years and they just now heard about it and are coming by the tens of thousands.

What about the tens of thousands of single mothers coming with their children though ?
That 2008 law regarding sex trafficking of children doesn't apply to these women.
And the 2008 law also doesn't apply to all these 15-17 year olds traveling by themselves.

None of these kids are saying they were kidnapped yet the USG says this 2008 law applies to them.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Poll after poll and survey after survey, show 75% of American citizens want illegal aliens removed from the nation.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Poll after poll and survey after survey, show 75% of American citizens want illegal aliens removed from the nation.
Oh poppycock.

There's a science behind polling.

Respondents favoring a pathway to citizenship:

Gallup-67%
CNN/ORC 81%
Fox News 78%
CBS 77%

Pollsters can influence responses based on the questions posed. As it relates to this topic those pollsters that frame the pathway question with defined prerequisites ( for example, criminal background checks, paying back taxes, a waiting period, fines and so on) get a higher positive response than pollsters who do not frame the question and imply a free for all.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Oh poppycock.

There's a science behind polling.

Respondents favoring a pathway to citizenship:

Gallup-67%
CNN/ORC 81%
Fox News 78%
CBS 77%

Pollsters can influence responses based on the questions posed. As it relates to this topic those pollsters that frame the pathway question with defined prerequisites ( for example, criminal background checks, paying back taxes, a waiting period, fines and so on) get a higher positive response than pollsters who do not frame the question and imply a free for all.
And there's an agenda behind every science.

I got called by Travis county (Texas) one year to do a "survey" about my health.
I said OK.
Every question was about smoking.
After about 6 questions on various public smoking scenarios I said I don't smoke so let's just skip to the other health questions.
Well the survey abruptly ended right there with a hang up.

The very next week the Austin City Council approved a "Ban on public smoking" and cited the Travis county survey that was just completed and how people overwhelming approved a ban on public smoking.

BOGUS. The county told me it was a survey about "my health" and never mentioned anything about a ban on public smoking survey.
One question I remember being asked: Do you approve of people smoking in a children's playground ?
Another one was : Do you approve of people smoking right outside the entrance of a building ?

Those were obvious questions where the majority of course would say No.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:35 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who will authorize the spending?
What spending? Use aid money for those countries people who are here illegally, hold a deportation hearing en masse to satisfy current law and fly them back. No reform. No amnesty.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:13 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What spending? Use aid money for those countries people who are here illegally, hold a deportation hearing en masse to satisfy current law and fly them back. No reform. No amnesty.
I thought all you folks were demanding that Obama follow the law? Everything you just said would be against federal law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies